Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

I'm BAAAACK!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Forgot to mention the obvious as well. This is a class one grade A TROLL post. Well done!

Old 11-04-2012, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Long story short, if you are happy with your Kia, Ford, Honda, Chrysler, Toyota, then good for you. I didn't buy my Fit because it was fancier, prettier, better, worse, whatever. I bought it because the dealer was easy to deal with, gave me what I thought was a fair price, and my past experiences with Honda were favorable. Plus, the car suits my needs. Also, I own a 62 Chevy because I like it, not because it is better than a Ford, Chrysler, or whatever. I own a Ram truck because I got the best deal on it, and it pulls my camper, hauls my gear, and hauls what I need to haul. Enjoy your car. It must have made the most sense for you. We will enjoy our cars. Sorry that something bad happened to you to destroy your faith in Honda. My faith in Kia and Hyundai was destroyed because the dealers around here put an additional sticker on them which jacked up the price $1800. Does that make them bad cars? No. It just makes them cars that I will never buy. Actually, I considered buying one until then.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DaveInWoodland
Forgot to mention the obvious as well. This is a class one grade A TROLL post. Well done!
Well, it is Halloween...

Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM
my buddy has a 2010 Soul, he's had so many problems with it that he's been trying to trade it in for over 7 months now but the resale value on it is so bad that the dealer told him he's about $4k in negative equity.
I've driven his Soul and there's no power down bottom, mid range lacks and what top end? I've raced it in my Fit (Sport, A/T, no add-ons) and i beat it by a good 3 car lengths and i wasn't even in using my paddles.
Sorry, OP, but your attempt at trolling is terrible, have fun trying to trade or sell your car in 6 months while i enjoy the resale value of my Fit (which is still worth $12,600 according to the dealership we talked to yesterday (wanting a new Civic SI sedan or 2013 Fit)

Old 11-04-2012, 08:20 PM
A Kia Soul is fuking ugly. You'll look good in it.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by david223
A Kia Soul is fuking ugly. You'll look good in it.
Thats harsh....lol.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah that seems unnecessary. Sb was a bit self centered and had a unique point of view on a few things but was not to my recollection ever specifically mean to the forum members.

I think I'm glad that sb found his preferred car finally. Hopefully this will reduce the complaining :)

Oh you should tell us, by how much are you beating the mpg you were getting in the Fit? Certainly you will not be beating the Hyundai/Kia EPA estimate, although at least you can have the plausible excuse that it's their fault! :P

Old 11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Just wait til he hits a deep pothole! Then he will find out how well it is built.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fujisawa
Yeah that seems unnecessary. Sb was a bit self centered and had a unique point of view on a few things but was not to my recollection ever specifically mean to the forum members.

I think I'm glad that sb found his preferred car finally. Hopefully this will reduce the complaining :)

Oh you should tell us, by how much are you beating the mpg you were getting in the Fit? Certainly you will not be beating the Hyundai/Kia EPA estimate, although at least you can have the plausible excuse that it's their fault! :P
You got that from 5 posts or are you talking about me? Everyone that posts is a bit self centered and that is call life. I do have a unique point of view like most poster do but that is called experience. My Honda is getting a average of 43 mpg on 10 fillups and no complaining here. SB

Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by sfar785
my buddy has a 2010 Soul, he's had so many problems with it that he's been trying to trade it in for over 7 months now but the resale value on it is so bad that the dealer told him he's about $4k in negative equity.
I've driven his Soul and there's no power down bottom, mid range lacks and what top end? I've raced it in my Fit (Sport, A/T, no add-ons) and i beat it by a good 3 car lengths and i wasn't even in using my paddles.
Sorry, OP, but your attempt at trolling is terrible, have fun trying to trade or sell your car in 6 months while i enjoy the resale value of my Fit (which is still worth $12,600 according to the dealership we talked to yesterday (wanting a new Civic SI sedan or 2013 Fit)
This may be a worse troll post than mine. no dealer turns down a trade where they can tack on that much to the financed amount of a new car. WTF was your "friend" trying to do with it, Tokyo drift?? The Soul has no power?? Are you a joke? This thing will run rings around my mom's Fit and I can listen to 80's on 8 while doing it, what a freaking lie. I had so much trouble entering interstates with my moms Fit, this Soul has ZERO problems acomplishing that. Another reason I don't understand critics raving over the Fit is because this underpowerment is a serious issue, on short on ramps you are in trouble, and they just gloss over it like it's nothing. And they all say its FUN to drive?? Like you can just zipt hrough traffic in it? Sorry, not the case. Some of these critics need to be called out on a few things they glossed over, like the fact that you cannot see out the back window if the rear headrests are up, another huge oversight by Honda because it is a safety hazard. The Fit is not a BAD car. But it has enough potential flaws to make me question whether these critics all actually really took a close look at this thing, or if one or two heaped praises on it simply because its a Honda and others just piled on, kind of like movie critics do. I see more automatonic un-individually formed opinions about the Fit on here than anywhere in my life- bunch of blind loyalists who decided to let others form their opinions about this car and then try to justify its underpowered engine and awkwardly shifting auto tranny and complete lack of offerings just because its a Honda. Oh, and one more thing. Buying a vehicle that is lackluster on both performance and features, JUST to get more resale value out of it 5 years down the road, might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Shortchanging yourself for 5-6 years, you know the ACTUAL TIME you are DRIVING the car, to have it be worth more later? God that's stupid. Oh and the last thing- reliability. Yeah I saw the consumer reports ratings on the Soul that previous poster posted. So, you go by what Consumer Reports comes up with using their EXTREMELY questionable procedures to make your point about the Soul's reliability, but when I pointed out that Honda's new Civic got torn about by the same magazine, you all state that Consumer Reports is very questionable about their testing methods and ratings procedures and can't be trusted?? Hypocrisy knows no bounds on this ridiculous board. God what a bunch of blind Honda robots.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by sb001
like the fact that you cannot see out the back window if the rear headrests are up, another huge oversight by Honda because it is a safety hazard.
Its also hard to see out the back window with your head so far up you butt.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Oh yeah, and having to remove the FREAKING WINDOW COWLING just to replace the spark plugs?? Oh my God. Obviously Honda doesn't really care about catering to its customers anymore.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:50 AM
If you don't like the car, and you don't like the board.. kindly go fuck yourself, you will not be missed and you sure as shit have not contributed anything of value.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
You got that from 5 posts or are you talking about me? Everyone that posts is a bit self centered and that is call life. I do have a unique point of view like most poster do but that is called experience. My Honda is getting a average of 43 mpg on 10 fillups and no complaining here. SB
Sorry, no, I was talking about sb01, not you. Sorry for confusion.

Yeah that cowling is a real pain to get at the spark plugs. Especially because the plugs are supposedly good for only 100k miles, which means you have to take that cowling off ALL THE TIME :P

Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 PM
You wouldn't believe all the stuff you have to remove to replace the timing belt....

Old 11-05-2012, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
KIA hmmm idk i knw my friend owns one and regrets the day he bought it its all misssup all kinds of problems he thinking of just letting it get repo he hates it so much just say bro just my 2 cents : /

Old 11-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by malraux
You wouldn't believe all the stuff you have to remove to replace the timing belt....
Honda Fits, as well as my Soul, use a timing chain. And when someone posts something in a sarcastic manner such as this, instead of a true rebuttal to refute my points, it shows me that the truth I have posted is starting to get to them.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Wafulz
KIA hmmm idk i knw my friend owns one and regrets the day he bought it its all misssup all kinds of problems he thinking of just letting it get repo he hates it so much just say bro just my 2 cents : /

Couldn't understand a word.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
just read all those words quickly and then let the overall meaning gradually precipitate into your consciousness. :P

Old 11-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
If you don't like the car, and you don't like the board.. kindly go fuck yourself, you will not be missed and you sure as shit have not contributed anything of value.
On the contrary I have contributed several good points about the lackings of the Fit and thus the evidence that says you all were more worried about the badge on the front of your car (like I used to be, as I stated before I was a Honda enthusiast once) instead of actually taking full value of what you were paying for a car and its offerings. For example: "it's a Honda Fit, you'll get a ton of resale value for it when you sell it in 5 years!" So for 5 years, I have to listen to commercial radio that has a 40 song playlist while trying to desperately to coax my car up to insterstate speed on that short on ramp, to get more for it when I sell it. FUll value of what you pay for a car has to do with a lot more than resale value. And you can quote a bunch of critic blowhards all you want, at the end of the day there are several things they glossed over that should be of concern.
Look, I am not totally trashing the Fit- I can't, because I was partially responsible for her getting that car and I want at least HER to like it, and because there is still a part of me that wants to like Honda again, but I tell you what, they sure aren't giving me much reason to lately.

Quick Reply: I'm BAAAACK!!