Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

I Really want a black fit! what do you guys I should do in this situtation??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 08:18 AM
I Really want a black fit! what do you guys I should do in this situtation??

I went into several dealerships seeing if they have the 2015 honda fit ex in stick but there's NONE! and they don't even know when they'll get it they said since it's still new. Well i was looking around and found a nice white fit 2013 with about 6k miles I believe and the price was about 1,6000. Is it worth it to wait until they come out with the new manual models or should I just buy the used fit? My first choice is Black and my second is white, any other color is out of the question. Currently I am driving a 2012 pearl white WRX Impreza. I LOVE MY CAR but the 17mpg, premium gas, insurance is killing me at the moment.

My 2012 WRX Impreza - Imgur

I kinda want to fix up like how I used to have my 2002 SI (EP3), here's some pics also.

My Old EP3 Civic SI 2002 - Imgur

Andddd I'm hoping I can make my fit look something like this! :cool:

Fits I Want! - Imgur

Old 07-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
I will give you my experience. I wanted a white Fit sport in manual. I put my order in and start the waiting game. A month or so later the dealer calls and says White doesn't come in 08's what other color choices do you want. A few more months go by and dealer calls again. "We have a Black 08 Sport auto in if you want to come take a look at it." I agreed and fell in love with it right away, though I really wanted a manual. Dealer tells me its still a few months before they get a black sport in manual in, so I just go for the auto. Was I happy with the car? absolutely I love the car. Part of me though does wish I waited for the Manual and I know the next time I go out to spend $15K+ on a new car I will make sure it has EVERY thing I want.

As for what should you do, thats hard to say. How badly do you want the new Fit? Can you wait for exactly what you want or do you think you will be happy with a slightly used Fit?

Old 07-21-2014, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
As the owner of a black fit I will give you some of my thoughts.

1. When black paint is so shiny and taken care of properly there is no other color that looks as good. The downside is black shows everything - chips, spider webs, water spots, scratches, and is very hard to keep clean.

2. I like the contrast of colors other than black with the black front upper and lower grille, exterior trim, wipers, etc. These things really "POP" against white, red, blue, etc.

3. Black exterior on Fits get the hottest and wax tends to wear off faster.

4. Black exterior tends to be the best and easiest starting canvas for rims. You can match almost any color with black and it looks good. Bronze, silver, white, and gunmetal I feel are the best. And, even black if you like the all black or dark types of rides - paint, rims, tint, and blacked out tailights as well.

So I guess black and white are the easiest colors to combo with IMO. I saw a white Fit the other day with a custom sunroof and I instantly loved the white GD3.

As far as what to do, see if you can find a manual GD3 in black somewhere. I think they look better than the 3rd gens anyway.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
Call up more dealerships further away from you.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
You're gonna miss the EP3 and WRX's power! Black is a big no-no here in Vegas and if you buy a black car everyone's gonna point and laugh. But that doesn't stop some people here, but they realize later on.

I love the color black but all the maintenance required to keep it looking good is far beyond what I want to do.