Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

I love the Fit... but I went xA...

Old 09-20-2006, 07:24 PM
I love the Fit... but I went xA... If you are looking for a Fit, this is a MUST READ!

Ordered MT SSM Sport on 6.10 and last week I decided to get my money back and just go with a xA. There was no build date, no delivery date, and the dealer ordered two fits for me (one MT and one AT because of the problems getting the MT). I decided to say screw this and put in my order for the Scion xA. I’m saving $1700 and will be able to use the money to put back into the car and increase the performance aspects of the vehicle.

Honda really dropped the ball on the Fit. There has been a significant increase in conscious consumers buying smaller more fuel efficient vehicles and should have known the demand would be higher. I can’t say much more about Toyota either, because they did the same with Yaris. I looked into getting a Yaris as well and they do not offer ABS and a few other options in my area that I require on a vehicle if I am to buy it, besides the fact that their wait time is just as long.

In a nut shell… I’m happy for all of you who have them, you are truly lucky to have such a fine vehicle… for those of you that are still waiting.. good luck, you’ll need it, especially if you are looking for a MT.

Buy the way if you are looking to get into a Fit soon… Look up Bosak Honda in Highland, Indiana, they should have at least one SSM AT Fit Sport coming in within the next 2 months. Ask for Shaun Adams. Pass the word on to anyone who is looking.

It’s been real, It’s been fun, But it hasn’t been real fun!

PEACE THE F*CK OUT!!!

Old 09-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
The xA is a worthy car when compared to the Fit. I'm not surprised folks are going for the xA with the Fit's availability being so limited.

Seems to be a common theme, too!
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/8561-i-went-xa-instead.html

Old 09-21-2006, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
If you are still on the forums.

That sucks that you had a hard time getting a Fit. My initial choice for a car was the XA. i was lucky enough to find a Fit. One of my best friends has an XA and it's a beautiful car! We joke that we will race our hatchbacks.

If the Fit did not exsist, my money would be going to Scion/Toyota!!

Enjoy your new spaceship, as it is HOT!!!

(Fit freak & XA fan)

The tagline works with both.

"Hatchback ATTACK!!!!!" (a command, not a statement)

-C-

Old 09-21-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm still checking the forums... I'm still a Fit Freak... just mad that Honda has dropped the ball.... but I'll be happy with the xA... i test drove both the same day and liked them both... very similar... The Fit only won out because of it being "new" (well at least in N.A.).

The xA will be fun, and I'm looking forward to putting a little extra into it to get more out of the econobox.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by stewa2jm
I'm still checking the forums... I'm still a Fit Freak... just mad that Honda has dropped the ball.... but I'll be happy with the xA... i test drove both the same day and liked them both... very similar... The Fit only won out because of it being "new" (well at least in N.A.).

The xA will be fun, and I'm looking forward to putting a little extra into it to get more out of the econobox.
I've seen some modded xA and xB and i like them a lot.

I agree about Honda not producing enough Fits. Though i think it's more of an intent than miscalculation. I'd guess cause of the re-design Civic.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:18 PM
My wait for the xA was over a month, and they ended up selling the car that was supposed to be mine. So I got my money back and got a fit. Luckily, they had one on the lot, so i grabbed it.

It is pretty hard to get any of these little cars now a days. But what is weird, is that you still hardly see them around.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:07 PM
I got my xA on the 26th, order it on the 15th... i really wasn't suppose to come untill late october..... but somehow my dealer found my exact car... MT Salsa Red Pearl with side air bags... fan-freakin-tastic!

Old 09-30-2006, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Enjoy the xA!

Old 10-01-2006, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
The xA has a following in my area and goes for MSRP.
The FIT is in super short supply and goes for $3000+ over MSRP.
As a result they are not really in the same price category- not to mention the base FIT isn't available simply because Honda doesn't make enough to send them to the dealerships.

One dealer told me that he has not even seen a base FIT as they only get in FIT sports and almost all are AT not manuals. Seems that Honda only wants to make the most expensive FIT Sport with AT model.

That doesn't surprise me since Honda also doesn't deliver CIVIC DX in my area that is very very rare. In fact most salesmen don't see them.

If I had to choose a Scion I'd pick the xB first if I was watching my budget. It's got utility but is ugly and underpowered. If I was not concerned about space then the tC would be my choice.

However the FIT has the utility of the xA/xB with the fun to driveness of the tC. I think the fit and finish of the FIT is better than the xA and I think the overall exterior design is nicer with the FIT. Interior design is superior in the FIT compared to any Scion.

If you can get the FIT at MSRP with about a one month wait then it is a no brainer good choice, but if your area is like almost everywhere then you have to make some decisions on what will suit your budget and needs with your timeframe.;)

Old 10-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Same issues here, either the dealers are charging horrible market price adjustments + forced accessories, or the single dealer that sells at MSRP has a backlog until an estimated February date (as of last week). As such, I have also cross shopped the Yaris, xA and xB. The xA is a handy little car, but for those that need at least a modicum of backseat space, watch out. Compared to the FIT the xAs rear seat is tiny, tiny, tiny. I am fairly short at 5-8", but there is very little space to put your feet in, and getting out can be interesting with wedged feet.

The xB, on the other hand, has a somewhat larger rear seating area than the FIT (rather 'spacious for a compact), but you have to love the Box to go with the xB. I might still end up going with an xA (or even xB if I can get it past the WAF) if I can't find a FIT sooner than February. I did not pay over MSRP for my '06 Si, and I am NOT paying over MSRP for a FIT. (No, I am not getting rid of the Si)

Old 10-14-2006, 12:27 AM
i had no wait for my fit i purchased an 03 civic si and hated it so i took it back the next day and got a fit and ive been stuntin since i got it lol i got mine at the end of march no problem

Old 10-14-2006, 01:49 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
damn...well the XA was my last choice, but then came the Fit...i was on top of it like flies on s**t...i had four choices in color and all MT, but you can see what color i chose:cool: i love my car man!!!

Old 10-14-2006, 11:18 AM
yea nhbp was the best choice it looks nasty when its dirty but man when its clean alllllllllllll the ladies jump on me especially when i show em what the seats do

Old 10-14-2006, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
Fit in March?

Originally Posted by having a fit
i had no wait for my fit i purchased an 03 civic si and hated it so i took it back the next day and got a fit and ive been stuntin since i got it lol i got mine at the end of march no problem
How in the world did you get a Fit at the end of March? In the U.S. Honda didn't release it until April 20. Mine arrived at the dealer on April 18, but they made me wait 2 days until they'd allow me to pick it up. I see you're in NJ -- did your dealer somehow get one early and release it? My dealer told me they wouldn't even have the software to inventory the Fits until April 20, so there was no way to let the car go any sooner.:confused:

Old 10-15-2006, 12:35 PM
i had my car do long man ive been doin dumb @$$ things nobody even knew what it was cops would stop me to ask questions i went to a bunch of tuner shops and they were like wtf is that .... i got the car pre released and i was the first in jersey to get it the peopple at the dealer just got the shipment all they had were fit sports at and mt nobody drove 1 i was the first and they didnt come with the rim upgrade or sport grille when i got mine it was just fit sport nothin else

Old 12-12-2006, 03:16 AM
just read the tittle nooo. fit > xA. no offence

Old 12-12-2006, 03:19 AM
sad to hear about your decision, enjoy your xA nontheless

Old 12-25-2006, 02:36 AM
Seen the crash test results on the xA that just came out? Very poor. Fit was in the top of the class.

Old 12-25-2006, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gumpster
Seen the crash test results on the xA that just came out? Very poor. Fit was in the top of the class.
So drive slow and don't crash.

Crashes don't happen that often if you are careful. Hopefully you'll be ok.

Personally I buy only the better crash test cars due to safety being a priority for me. Never can tell when some drunk driver will cross over into your lane head on.

I've got:
2007 Fit Sport
2006 Civic Sedan
2001 Odyssey
2003 MINI Cooper S

In this day there is little excuse for any car maker not to make a very safe crash worthy car. Note that some small cars are very safe while some large cars have poor crash test results.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:17 PM
honda should be filling the void from added demand sometime during the fit's MY08. Since the cars are built in suzuka, it's harder for honda to stream in a good supply, but I've read online that they are already looking to either split an American accord plant with the fit, or build a new one specifically for the fit outright. That should greatly help with the demand situation, but I'm not so sure what effect that would have on the build fit and finish. The new civics are made in ohio, and they are still good. I guess the fit would be no different.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I love the Fit... but I went xA...