Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Anyone "downgrade" to a Fit (I currently have a 7th Gen 2005 AV6 Sedan Accord EX)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
Coming from an '05 STi...yeah it's a downgrade. However my car payment and insurance are MUCH lower and I can actually put my dog and mt bike inside. Gas mileage is much improved as well. I'm happy. Someday I'll have a fast car again, but I want to pay off the Fit first and keep it. :)

Old 11-11-2006, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
i am downgrading in a nutshell coming from a 2006 mitsi evoIX with 320whp, but i know that i will have fun with the fit, just wont break my neck in acceleration. lol

Old 11-30-2006, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bill L
Using Car & Driver results to compare my first generation USDM Mazda Miata MX-5 to the USDM Honda Fit gives the following :

Miata (C&D of 9/89) Fit (C&D of 5/06)
Weight: 2210 lb ------- 2481 lb
Length: 155.4 in 157.4 in
Width: 65.9 in 66.2 in
Height: 48.2 in -------- 60.0 in
HP: 116 109
EPA mpg: 25/30 33/38
0-to-60 mph: 9.2 sec ------ 8.7 sec

What a difference 17 years & VTEC makes—better mileage & acceleration, yet heavier and less horsepower. Heck yes, I traded the roadster in on a “station wagon”, and don't consider it a "downgrade" at all!
It's not really less horsepower. Don't forget that the Fit uses the newer hp ratings which tends to be lower than previously rated cars. The hp is probably the same, but the Fit probably has a lot more torque.

As for my own "down-sizing". The Fit was supposed to be my wife's car, but I can't resist taking it out every chance I get. Maybe it's just the "new car syndrome", and it'll wear off. If not, then be stealing the Fit for myself, and sell my RSX for something more practical because we're planning to have kids one of these days.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:24 PM
i went from driving a 2002 Ford Explorer ("exploder" as my Honda dealer called it; incorrectly, i must say) to an 07 Fit. The Fit seems to hold just as much and actually rides better. Oh yeah, and the gas mileage is money (literally):D. Also, I actually feel just as safe, if not even more so, in my Fit. And to think I was lookin into another Explorer, HA!...Downgrade?? I think not!!

Old 12-01-2006, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member

not by choice, i have went from this car to the 07 Fit which should hopefully be here next week according to the dealer...my friend has a Fit and totally loves the car, and me being a Honda fan (previously owned a 92 civic h/b and a turbocharged 92 gs-r), i'm sure i'll love the Fit as well! but damn do i miss my G35 :(... in a way it works out, since my current situation requires alot of commuting and saving money on gas (the G was a thirsty mofo). do i consider it a downgrade? kinda, but not in a negative way...since my priorities have changed, its a welcome change of a car...but damn do i miss my G, RIP!

Old 12-03-2006, 05:23 AM
Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
I dunno about downgrading man, I got 8 cars at home and I love my Fit the most.
wow i know you from the club lexus forums and i must say you have some very nice cars....kinda shocked the Fit is your fav

Old 12-03-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm going from an '04 wrx with heavy mods to the fit...once i sell the rex, i'll have enough for 25% down, and 3k for mods. with the 25% down, i'll still save 300 dollars a month on payments...not including the 91-->89 octane gas savings and the MPG savings.

it's a smart investment if you're not using the power from the first car as much as you want.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:38 PM
From a 2002 Dodge Intrepid to a 2007 Honda Fit.

I'd call that an upgrade.... :p

Old 12-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by jbrisson
From a 2002 Dodge Intrepid to a 2007 Honda Fit.

I'd call that an upgrade.... :p
I think consumer reports would agree w no hesitation :)

off topic: I read the latest CR for fit. I like what they called it: "the most space efficient vehicle in america".

Old 12-03-2006, 06:29 PM
I read it has slightly less space than a Ford Explorer. That's crazy for a vehicle of it's size.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
Coming from an '05 STi...yeah it's a downgrade. However my car payment and insurance are MUCH lower and I can actually put my dog and mt bike inside. Gas mileage is much improved as well. I'm happy. Someday I'll have a fast car again, but I want to pay off the Fit first and keep it. :)
+1, kinda. i'm pulling 16~18mpg in mixed driving here in so cal and will be working on-site at multiple sites every day.

the sti is fun. it's wicked, harsh, but loves when you pull its hair and slap it on the ass. the sti is the most masochistic car i've ever driven and it's just brilliant.

the other night i drove an auto and a manual fit (both members on here) and loved both. it was a whole different kind of fun. i literally giggled knowing how stupidly simple the car was. sure it's a massive downgrade. my sti had full exhaust, cobb ap stg 2 map, arc intake, strano 32mm front sway, and coilovers. the fit will remain mostly stock haha.

the one gripe i have is I have no idea where to stuff a sub. waiting for the radio bezel is one thing, but i -need- a sub. i'm not willing to give up rear storage for it so my options are very limited.

c/n: downgrade? in brutality and raw sexual pleasure. gain: comfort, MONEY, simplicity, MONEY, quietness, MONEY...did i mention i'd be saving money? not a matter of a car payment as mine is paid off, but the fit makes twice the milage even with the a/c on and is less likely to have evo owners blowing off next to it for 3 straight miles, or 06 sti owners nearly sideswiping it to get it to race.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by jsmonet
the one gripe i have is I have no idea where to stuff a sub. waiting for the radio bezel is one thing, but i -need- a sub. i'm not willing to give up rear storage for it so my options are very limited.
http://www.carsound.com/reviews/subs/wOOx.html

Now you have no excuse not to like it.... :)

Old 12-08-2006, 06:33 PM
lol, coming from my idq12

i'm not sure the woox will satisfy me. i'm def buying my fit between now and early january. it's just a matter of finding a place for everything. i'm tempted to rip out the dash and see if i can stuff some 8" midbass under it, or find out what the door panels will hold

Old 12-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by jsmonet
lol, coming from my idq12

i'm not sure the woox will satisfy me. i'm def buying my fit between now and early january. it's just a matter of finding a place for everything. i'm tempted to rip out the dash and see if i can stuff some 8" midbass under it, or find out what the door panels will hold
It'll suffice. This coming from someone who had Rainbow SLC's and Diamond Audio components in his Legend. I'm stuffing one under the driver's seat and one under the front passenger's seat. Trying to keep it from getting in the way of everything else and I don't want to sacrifice trunk storage.

Old 12-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Good luck sticking anything under the front seat, it's like a flippin skateboard ramp under there from the backseat, possibly to angle the floor upwards for foot comfort of the rear passengers, I dunno. LOL!!!

But I dropped my ipod down in between the seats and it slid down to my back seats... w00t!!! lol

Old 12-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by 137
Good luck sticking anything under the front seat, it's like a flippin skateboard ramp under there from the backseat, possibly to angle the floor upwards for foot comfort of the rear passengers, I dunno. LOL!!!

But I dropped my ipod down in between the seats and it slid down to my back seats... w00t!!! lol
lmao....I forgot the position of the floor plan with the gas tank under there. But I'm a creative dude and I can come up with something :D.

Old 12-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Adrenergic1

not by choice, i have went from this car to the 07 Fit which should hopefully be here next week according to the dealer...my friend has a Fit and totally loves the car, and me being a Honda fan (previously owned a 92 civic h/b and a turbocharged 92 gs-r), i'm sure i'll love the Fit as well! but damn do i miss my G35 :(... in a way it works out, since my current situation requires alot of commuting and saving money on gas (the G was a thirsty mofo). do i consider it a downgrade? kinda, but not in a negative way...since my priorities have changed, its a welcome change of a car...but damn do i miss my G, RIP!
I hereby declare you totally obligated to purchase some type of forced induction to make up for your loss of the G :D haha...

Old 12-09-2006, 01:43 AM
driving a rsx type-s now with 210hp wanting to trade it for a fit, i would love to keep the rsx and have a fit but not possible. i love the fit because of the interior room. i think my car payments and insurance will be lower too. not totally crazy about how the fit looks but i think it can look good lowered and better rims

Old 12-12-2006, 03:13 AM
fit > accord sedan

Old 12-12-2006, 03:15 AM
not really a downgrade, two cars in two completely different segments
my ex v6 coupe i consider more on the luxury coupe side with power if needed
the Fit is a badass daily driver car thats also fun and can be crazy
i love driving my girlfriends Fit. the Accord feels a bit more civilized for sure, but the Fit has more of a refined fun factor

Quick Reply: Anyone "downgrade" to a Fit (I currently have a 7th Gen 2005 AV6 Sedan Accord EX)