Calling All Pa Fit Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 08:43 PM
dealer process

The big thing I found out is if the dealer has a down payment they'll probably bend over backward to get the car that you want in. I went to Scott Honda (too far east of you) and they asked at first for $500 down. I told them no way since I earn interest on that money. They took $200 and the car arrived in about 5 weeks. Mine was a black auto sport, though. Not sure if yours would take longer or not.

T

Originally Posted by JimmyKragen
Hey everyone,

I love this site and the forums in particular. I am in the market for a Blaze Orange Metallic Sport, 5 speed. I think I've found one way out in Mechanicsburg (near Harrisburg). Any advice or suggestions on the buying process? Any dealers you've found to be good to deal with in western Pennsylvania. I'm willing to drive a few hours to get my Fit. Hopefully I'll have a pic of my Fit to post as my signature soon! Thanks.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Talking new here

Hi all:

So the story how I got into the Fit - it's a short one; My 94 Camry turned into a money pit! haha.

I ended up buying at Scott in West Chester. Black Fit Sport MT. It had 6 miles on it when I picked it up. Now it has 1k and change... I'm very happy with it. I was seriously considering a BMW, but I think that was an emotional thing and this was a smart thing. I have a stop and go commute anyways, so 300 hp would just accelerate me to the next red light. Also I am traveling quite a bit, so the Fit is nice to leave at PHL, though I still worry about dumba$$ SUV drivers that ding doors..

I had an 86 Accord LXi, and to me this new Fit car really feels the same. I really loved that car, and I feel like the Fit has captured that cars soul, haha. That car never let me down one time. I got it with 103k and sold it with 187! And even the week before it was sold I was in VT, ie, I was confident enough to 7 hour road trip it.. I really had a better experience with that Honda than the Toyota..

As for the MPG that LizardKing is getting.. I have been getting a 34-36, stop and go. Have you told the dealer about this? To me it would almost indicate some type of problem or something, I dunno... if you already have addressed this in another thread apologies in advance -

Old 07-17-2007, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
wow, we need more owners haha

Old 07-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by dank24
wow, we need more owners haha
I agree! Lets get this forum going already!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
ggg

where is elkins park? I am from wilkes barre.

some weird stuff happened on my street this week. My waitress from a pizza place i have been going to for 15+ yrs moved in a couple houses up from me. She saw and liked my fit, and she went out and bought a Red sport AT. Looks pretty sharp.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:22 PM
I just found this site so I figured I'd say hi.

I'm expecting to get my Fit tomorrow afternoon. I went to Ebersole Honda in Lebanon to get mine. I originally went to Jones Honda in lancaster but they were nasty and wanted to give me $500 for my money pit Jetta. So I went to Ebersole and they've been super nice. I haven't had to wait too long, went in Saturday and its being delivered tomorrow (Weds). I can't wait to get it!

Old 07-24-2007, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Nice! make sure to pust up some pics bro.

An for anyone who is interested. I am selling a brand new pair of A-Spec front and rear strut tower bars for $105 picked up from wilkes barre, and $115 shipped. MSRP $130 shipped.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by dank24
where is elkins park? I am from wilkes barre.

some weird stuff happened on my street this week. My waitress from a pizza place i have been going to for 15+ yrs moved in a couple houses up from me. She saw and liked my fit, and she went out and bought a Red sport AT. Looks pretty sharp.
Elkins Park is just north of Philadelphia.

When I first bought my Fit, I saw very few, ever. Now I see up to 4 additional ones in the parking lot at work, including one of my co-worker's, and pass several each day, including a few VBP sports, like mine!

Old 08-05-2007, 09:17 PM
hey all just got my fit two weeks ago nbp M/T live in denver no not colarado its by lancaster and i work in exton so if any one wants to meet up some time let me know
hey lizardking how often are u in kop maybe meet up ater work or somethimg

Old 08-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Well we're trying to get a meet together in Philly here, https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/penn...et-philly.html if it ever happens

Old 08-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Finally getting pics up.

Fit - a photoset on Flickr

Old 08-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Darkcambria
Well we're trying to get a meet together in Philly here, https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/penn...et-philly.html if it ever happens
Moved meet-related posts to Fit Meet In Philly thread (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/penn...et-philly.html)

Old 10-05-2007, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
Checking in... Berks county, NE of (but not affiliated with) Reading.

I think Philly must be a fuel economy hole. My lifetime average so far is 41.5 MPG, the one time I spent a while in (south/central) philly, I got my worst tank ever of 35.4.

My last tank, 42.5 MPG, involved a traffic jam and shuffling 4 people between Trenton, Yardley and Newtown for a night. Either I'm hitting some really high numbers on the highway portions, or I'm doing something just right while driving in traffic.

Anyway, we should get a Berks/Lancaster/LHV meet going or something!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by RichXKU
Checking in... Berks county, NE of (but not affiliated with) Reading.

I think Philly must be a fuel economy hole. My lifetime average so far is 41.5 MPG, the one time I spent a while in (south/central) philly, I got my worst tank ever of 35.4.

My last tank, 42.5 MPG, involved a traffic jam and shuffling 4 people between Trenton, Yardley and Newtown for a night. Either I'm hitting some really high numbers on the highway portions, or I'm doing something just right while driving in traffic.

Anyway, we should get a Berks/Lancaster/LHV meet going or something!

Thats some nice fuel mileage!! I've been getting 35-40 roughly. Only put in a few tanks so far (<2000 miles) but average seems to be more like 35.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Thats some nice fuel mileage!! I've been getting 35-40 roughly. Only put in a few tanks so far (<2000 miles) but average seems to be more like 35.
Still very good. Auto or Manual?

Old 10-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Manual. In getting the Fit I finally traded in the last automatic we owned. 5MT all the way!

Old 02-18-2008, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member
this pa thread is dead

Old 02-18-2008, 02:55 PM
This PA forum is dead unfortunately

Old 02-20-2008, 01:01 PM
This PA forum is dead unfortunately
It never took off

Old 02-26-2008, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
We should have a meet and greet somewhere around scranton, PA in the summer, or Philly for some cheese-steaks (then freaking go shopping with the wife bahahaha)

Quick Reply: Calling All Pa Fit Owners