For Sale - Local Pickup Only Individuals may advertise items for sale for local pick up only.

Gauging Interest: HID Projector kit ROUND 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
this is looking like a really good deal! count me in

ydnality - H4, TYPE B, White A/E, 4300K

Old 06-21-2010, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Just wanna know if those who sign up previously are still interested in getting the projectors. I know it sbeen a while but until we get 20+ people, I cant get this GB going.

In case I forgot to mention, these kits comes with everything so you do not need to spend on getting a seperate HID kit for these projectors. 225USD includes shipping from Canada...

Having said that, I am stuck in HK right now (cant get a return flight until Oct... T.T) so i may ship these projectors directly from HK via EMS. Any changes in pricing due to shipping, you guys will be the first to know.

Those who have signed up previously, please PM to confirm if you guys are still interested. This is what I have as of now...:

Signup list:
--------------
1) JasTonE - H4, TYPE B, Yellow A/E, 10000K
2) MSILVEST04 - H4, TYPE A, Blue A/E, 6000K
3) ydnality - H4, TYPE B, White A/E, 4300K

Thanks and hope we can make this GB happen =)

Last edited by Guinness; 06-21-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Signup list:
--------------
4) M4psycho - H4, TYPE B, White A/E, 4300K

Old 06-21-2010, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
wahhh i thought you'd be back for the summer... i guess not

Old 06-22-2010, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wobuffet
wahhh i thought you'd be back for the summer... i guess not
I will be back in Summer, just dunno when~ I'm stuck in HK cos i cant get a return flight (stupid redeem tickets). Good thing is, I can keep you folks update about car parts.

Maybe I'll come back when you guys can host a Summer BBQ~

Old 06-22-2010, 03:29 PM

Add me in the list too...

H4, TYPE B, Yellow A/E, 10000K

Signup List
4) M4psycho - H4, TYPE B, White A/E, 4300K
5) jdmgab - H4, TYPE B, Yellow A/E, 4300K

Old 07-20-2010, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
come on! more of you have to want projectors! +=x

Old 07-21-2010, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MajorWang
ok heres my 2 cents on this batch of projectors

so just some notes before i get started...
-no, i am by NO means a professional in the automotive aftermarket scene as either a mechanic/body work tech or any sort of parts consultant/manufacturer, i am just an enthusiast WITH HIS OWN OPINIONS
-most of wat i have to say is my own subjective view
-and yes, my car is dirty and it needs to be washed

front-ish view

top view

side view

angel eyes

cut-off against a door (forgot to do a highbeam shot)

HID lighting, side view

HID lighting, cockpit view (on street.. i did it in a safe manner)

alright.. so i do wish i took some more pics (pre-install) but this should make do.

the actual product
-bright
-sturdy construction (at least it feels like it, they arent bricks but they have some weight to it)

dislikes/quirks:

-kind of a weird cut off.. would've liked to see a straight cut, but this one cuts off very abruptly so its no big deal

the install (at Benzta Auto Body)
-very clean job done (as far as my eyes can tell)
-honest
-lots of communication

dislikes/quirks:
-took a while longer than expected (as u saw in the top view that ring was supposed to be chrome, however the masking tape started to peel the chrome off, so they blacked it out- a rational and understandable decision -no big deal)
-could've aimed the beam a bit higher, but im not blinding anyone.. so thats ok as well

*notes*
-
the install does require them to open up ur headlight housing but the guy that installed it for me (brian) is pretty confident it wont fog up and he garunteed his work (in other words if they fog up i can bring them back to him) and since its raining for the next few days this will be a good test
-the angel eyes r tied to the parking lights (or w/e they're called) so u have no daytime running lights.. i suppose u could ask them to wire it differently but guinness made a good point- since they're always on, wat if they burn out? pita to replace them..
-i may not have made it apparent but they included a headlight black out service in the installation fee

*again these r MY opinions, if urs differ.. thats fine, no need to nerd-rage about it*
(I trimmed the quote a little bit)

I know this thread is a little old, but I wanted to mention something about the cutoff.

The (mostly) horizontal line with the angled up turn is the "older" cutoff pattern of H4 bulbs (and probably others too). The reflector creates this pattern. This is for left hand drive cars to not blind oncoming drivers (to your left) but illuminate objects on the curb (to your right).

That being said... the H4 bulb that WAS in my Fit produced a mostly flat line (because of the reflector itself). Similar to HIDs that go across horizontally and then "step up" at about to middle before continuing horizontally.

The projector I put to replace it, isn't specifically for HIDs, nor am I using HIDs at the moment (just halogen H1 bulbs). Produces the flat left, angled right cutoff.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3867651/3 <-- pics of the headlight and the cutoff pattern.

The point where it turns, is the "center" of your lights. Who ever gets/has these lights will need to aim them properly. Yes, I'm saying the headlights in the quote are too far to the left. The only people that should get blinded by your lights, if you're on flat land, are people to your right... and then only if they're looking at you or through their left, side mirror.

As you can see from one of the pics from my cardomain account... I put out light pretty far. It looks brighter/whiter than it really is because of my camera... but, you will see that it is further than the picture in the quote.

p.s. a good indicator of whether your aim is "correct" (or at least better than horrible)... as you approach anything, assuming you are on a completely flat surface, your cutoff should slowly move up where it's MAX height is when you almost touching the object with your car. From 25 ft away to 0 ft away, it should move up about 2 inches. If you approach something, again, on FLAT land, and the cutoff moves down, your aim is too high. The cutoff should not be moving side to side, except for a slight "move out" (they should aim slightly,very slight, to the center line of the car itself).