Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

GD3 Spoon Sports Catback

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Thumbs up GD3 Spoon Sports Catback

Hi. I am selling my Spoon Catback exhaust system off my 07 fit. This is the best performance exhaust for the GD3 hands down. Has a great sound to it and it is a quality piece. Made of stainless steel. I purchased it from AJ racing in B.C Canada about 2yrs ago. I am selling it cause the car is going back to stock. If you were to buy this set up new it comes in two seperate piece's, not a catback system. I will not part it out so dont bother asking. This system new will set you back 1,300 not including shipping. I am selling mine for 800.00. I would prefer someone local but I will ship if I have to. If I do have to ship it the buyer is responsible for the shipping costs. I will get some quotes on shipping then if need be. Pm me if you are interested or have any questions. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Name:  CIMG0404.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  37.6 KB
Name:  CIMG0405.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  37.0 KB
Name:  CIMG0406.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  36.8 KB
Name:  CIMG0407.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  36.9 KB
Name:  CIMG0408.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  37.6 KB
Name:  CIMG0409.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  35.2 KB
Name:  CIMG0410.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  34.8 KB
Name:  CIMG0411.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  34.0 KB
Name:  CIMG0416.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  29.8 KB

Old 12-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Is there a Spoon badge? Why is the pipe diameter almost the same size as the cannister? My friend has a DC2 version with a badge and the pipe is much smaller.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:51 PM
No there is no spoon badge. Real spoon exhaust systems have no badges on them. If you don't believe me ask jason at aj racing. As far as the pipe diameter and the canister size I don't know. I'm sure every application is different due to different engine sizes. This exhaust is official. Again if you want more info on the badging call or pm jason at aj racing. I just talked to him about that this weekend and he told me that the gd3 spoon canisters have no badges. Also when this exhaust is on the car the can is tucked a little under the bumper because its made for the jdm cars.

Originally Posted by onePiece
Is there a Spoon badge? Why is the pipe diameter almost the same size as the cannister? My friend has a DC2 version with a badge and the pipe is much smaller.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Actually... there are 3 version of real Spoon exhausts.

Version 1 - Early model. Plain style.
Version 2 - Same as above but with bolt hole in exhaust tip for silencer installation (Looks like this one).
Version 3 - Same as Version 2 but with etched Spoon Sports badge on the muffler body above the tip.

The reason this is questioned is that there was alleged knock-off sales of J's Racing and Spoon Sports parts from A&J Racing. It's really hard to tell unless you see the parts next to the real thing.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Thumbs up

Tofuman you are correct. Jason at AJRacing did say that most of the fakes do carry the spoon badging. The one I am selling is a legit spoon exhaust. Just go on the internet to compare pics. I know this is a problem in the industry with cheap knock off's. But doing the picture comparison should confirm that it is the real deal. Also mine has that hole in the tip for the silencer. I also have the silencer as well. Just forgot to post a pic of it. I will post a pic of that too.

Originally Posted by Tofuman
Actually... there are 3 version of real Spoon exhausts.

Version 1 - Early model. Plain style.
Version 2 - Same as above but with bolt hole in exhaust tip for silencer installation (Looks like this one).
Version 3 - Same as Version 2 but with etched Spoon Sports badge on the muffler body above the tip.

The reason this is questioned is that there was alleged knock-off sales of J's Racing and Spoon Sports parts from A&J Racing. It's really hard to tell unless you see the parts next to the real thing.

Last edited by Hondady; 12-08-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:29 PM
I did not know that AJRacing was selling knock offs! When was this?

Originally Posted by Hondady
Tofuman you are correct. Jason at AJRacing did say that most of the fakes do carry the spoon badging. The one I am selling is a legit spoon exhaust. Just go on the internet to compare pics. I know this is a problem in the industry with cheap knock off's. But doing the picture comparison should confirm that it is the real deal. Also mine has that hole in the tip for the silencer. I also have the silencer as well. Just forgot to post a pic of it. I will post a pic of that too.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:16 PM
I've been doing some research on the issue of AJR making fake spoon products and I didnt really find much. It was mainly aimed at J's Racing. I also found this as well. Click on the link below and check out the distributors for Spoon. My question is if AJR was making fake Spoon stuff then why the hell are they still Spoon's distributor in Canada. This info coming straight from Spoon's site. Makes no sense to me. All I know is that I had never had any issues with AJR or any of the products I purchased from them.

SALES BASES | SPOON OFFICIAL WEB
01-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Coconutz

Why the fuck is people saying AJ is not the distributor for spoon anymore!? wtf is going on...do your research people, seriously.....

SALES BASES | SPOON OFFICIAL WEB

This is from the official website! if AJ did copy and produce fake spoon parts i'm pretty sure they would close & stop distributing to A&J Racing. Makes you look like a fool for saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
i can verify this. i talked with edmun from opak about this a few months ago and what i got from the conversation is that aj racing's contract with spoon was up and instead of having two north american distributors, spoon just made opak the sole distributor of spoon sports products. then i talked with one of the techs and they said that aj racing was doing some not so nice things. so maybe edmun was trying to be political about the situation or the tech was mistaken.

Son you didn't verified shit . .

Last edited by Hondady; 12-09-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Bump for a great exhaust!

Old 12-14-2010, 03:04 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
sup larry.

i can vouch this was my Gen 2 axle back off my TW GD3.

GLWS Bro. Long time no see lol.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by GD3-Fit
sup larry.

i can vouch this was my Gen 2 axle back off my TW GD3.

GLWS Bro. Long time no see lol.
Whats up Ricky! How's that DC2 treating you? Thanks for backing me up on this exhaust issue. I didn't think it would be that hard to sell a gd3 spoon exhaust on the fit forums! A complete catback at that! Shit we where one of the first fit owners on this forum for cryin out loud! At least in the U.S!

Last edited by Hondady; 12-15-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Bump for a great used spoon catback!

Old 12-16-2010, 10:12 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
DC is good. got a lot of parts sitting in the garage waiting to go on in the Spring. might add turbo or B18C to that list if i get promoted soon.

i'll hit you up later.

someone buy this genuine Spoon catback. you won't regret it.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by GD3-Fit
DC is good. got a lot of parts sitting in the garage waiting to go on in the Spring. might add turbo or B18C to that list if i get promoted soon.

i'll hit you up later.

someone buy this genuine Spoon catback. you won't regret it.
Sweet! I love your car. So fresh and so clean! B18C NA worked! Keepin it real! Yes someone purchase this genuine Spoon Catback. I dont know what this whole thing with AJR is because you would think, if they were making knock off's and got caught. Wouldn't there be some kind of lawsuits against them. Also wouldnt they be finished as a business right now? I know they are still on the forums here. Dont you think they would have been band? Also this company has been around for quite some time. Do you think they would risk everything trying to duplicate J's and Spoon exhaust? Sounds like a bunch of b.s. to me. I guess if people want to pass up a great exhaust at a awesome price thats on you cause you believe everything everyone says on a forum. Personally I dont care cause I will just keep it and put it back on my car! Not trying to sound like an ass but I take offense of people accusing me of selling a fake spoon product when I know it's real! I've pretty much had this thing ever since the fit has been in the states. Bought my car in Nov of 06 got the exhaust in 07.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:06 PM
bump for spoon!

Old 12-21-2010, 10:48 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
bump it up

Old 12-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Bump for an awesome exhaust.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Bump! Still for sale!

Old 01-01-2011, 01:27 PM
bumpin it up!

Old 01-05-2011, 01:47 AM
bump it up!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:47 PM
I still have this awesome exhaust for sale!

Quick Reply: GD3 Spoon Sports Catback