Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

FS: 2015 Honda Fit LX, 6-spd Manual, Warranty - $14,000 OBO (Houston)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 04:10 PM
2015 Honda Fit LX, 6-spd Manual, Warranty - $14,000 OBO (Houston)

2015 Honda Fit LX, 6-spd Manual, Under Warranty - $14,000 OBO
VIN: 3HGGK5G55FM737130

--- Please note, I still need the Fit for all of April, and the first days of May, but you can certainly view it now ---

Very good condition. Except for some normal wear and tear, the car is practically new.
EXTERIOR - Normal wear and tear: 1) Paint chips, mainly on the hood; 2) Small scuff/scratch on rear bumper (driver's side).
INTERIOR - Minor wear and tear and one minor cosmetic defect: 1) Very small scratches on silver-colored trim by shifter and by one of the AC vents; 2) Dashboard is not completely flush on driver's side near the A-pillar (dealer tried correcting this, but was unable to. Fix could be attempted again under warranty).

- Power windows/locks, A/C, Rear View Camera, Cruise Control, Bluetooth, USB, the Fit's Magic Rear Seat (lots of space for a small car).
- The 2015 and 2016 Honda Fit are the same. Please check Honda's website for all the specifications for the Honda Fit LX with 6-speed manual transmission.
- I am the First and Only Owner. I bought the car brand new from Spring Branch Honda in Houston on January 2015. I own the car outright, and have a Clean Title.
- Honda's Full Warranty is good until Jan2018/36Kmiles, Powertrain Warranty is good until Jan2020/50Kmiles.
- Approx. 14,000 miles.
- Tinted windows.
- Floor mats.
- I have tracked every single fuel-up - so far averaging 40MPG - see here: 2015Fit (Honda Fit) | Fuelly

Please feel free to message me with any questions. Thanks.

Last edited by 2015FIT; 04-11-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:48 PM
Fellow forum readers. Would you have any feedback on my ad? It's been a week and I feel that responses have been really low (2 total) regarding the ad - this includes this forum, my Craigslist ad, and my cars.com ad. The car is practically new, under warranty, and priced below what a dealer would charge, What can I do to create more interest and sell it?
Thanks.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
I was going to say it could be price, but I don't see any Fits price under 15.6k (even as a '16 Civic can easily be had new for 17k or so).

It is most likely the color + 6MT

Old 04-16-2016, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2015FIT
Fellow forum readers. Would you have any feedback on my ad? It's been a week and I feel that responses have been really low (2 total) regarding the ad - this includes this forum, my Craigslist ad, and my cars.com ad. The car is practically new, under warranty, and priced below what a dealer would charge, What can I do to create more interest and sell it?
Thanks.
I would not even mention the normal wear and tear. It's not that your hiding it but it's up to the buyer to see it. For example the dash misalignment, no need to point it out. Rick chips, every has them... Pointing it out may scare the buyer into thinking what else is wrong?

Old 04-16-2016, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I will keep the ad in this forum the same, but have modified my craigslist and cars.com ads with your suggestions.
2015 Honda Fit LX, 6-spd Manual, Warranty
I also think that the color and transmission may be playing a part, but oh well, it's too bad that my color and transmission preferences aren't popular. I've also lowered the price to $13,900 and added that it is negotiable. I also mentioned that I'm selling it because I'm moving far away.
I'll see how it goes. I was trying to only use free listings, but may pay to post in Autotrader and/or Ebay? I'll also try some dealers and Carmax to see how much they offer, maybe just maybe they'll have a decent offer.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
I totally agree with the input above. You shouldn't focus a reader on the defects that you irrationally focus on because of your OCD .

You should simply state, "Excellent condition. Except for some normal wear and tear, the car is practically new."

I'd also suggest dropping the price so it is $13,999, simply because dropping a penny (or a fraction of) simply works.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:12 PM
Thank you all for the replies and suggestions.
I ended up selling the Fit through a service called Beepi - they actually offered me a tad more than what I was asking, so I'm happy. They were also very prompt and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend them for selling or buying a car.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
Great news.. congrats!
So is it some kind of consignment or did they just pay you up front??

Old 05-20-2016, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by jondotcom
Great news.. congrats!
So is it some kind of consignment or did they just pay you up front??
They first do a full inspection of the car, and then they later e-mail you with an offer. If you accept, then they post in their website, where they guarantee that they will sell it in 30 days or, if that doesn't happen, they will buy it from you for the price they offered (so, at most, you wait for 30-35 days to get paid). You get paid the same offer no matter the amount they sell it for. There is no cost to the seller, and you keep driving the car until it sells and/or they buy it from you. The inspection was very thorough and they were easy to work with. I don't think it's nationwide though, only in certain states right now.
Another thing, they only accept cars that are, at max, 5-6 yrs old, and with no accidents or mods.

Last edited by 2015FIT; 05-20-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Does Beepi take the car? Do the potential buyers still view the car at your house or by appointment? Does Beepi take a cut up front if the car sells?

Old 06-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by acutturi
Does Beepi take the car? Do the potential buyers still view the car at your house or by appointment? Does Beepi take a cut up front if the car sells?
- You get to keep and continue using the car until it is sold.
- The potential buyers do not get to view the car before purchasing (yes, I know that sounds odd to some but it's all via internet). They do have the option of returning it without penalty, but if they do this, it is not your problem since Beepi will keep it and you would have already been paid.
- Beepi will pay you the offer they give you at the beginning, doesn't matter if the car ends up selling for more or less money. It's a solid, no haggle offer for you.
- If they don't sell the car within 30 days, Beepi buys it from you for the the offer price. That's what happened to me. They are still selling the car, but I don't have to worry about it since they already bought it from me.
- Feel free to talk to them via phone, e-mail, or chat at beepi.com. They are available 24 hours and won't pressure you at all. They were actually quite nice.