Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Fitfreak Advertisement Misleading?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Fitfreak Advertisement Misleading?

I know Fitfreak.net has to advertise to stay online for free... but is it too much to ask for a little integrity? This is a blatent scam and it would be a shame if even one member or even a passer by fell for this.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Remember that Fitfreak forums was purchased by another company, so now that company handles advertisements on fitfreak. i dont really pay attention to the ads anyway. just the ones on the top right.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Remember that Fitfreak forums was purchased by another company, so now that company handles advertisements on fitfreak. i dont really pay attention to the ads anyway. just the ones on the top right.
Yupp, we were bought out and with that came the new ads.
Just use your common sense. Most FitFreaks would know that, that ad is a whole bunch of bologna. Just try to ignore them, it works for me!

Tyler

Old 04-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
We sold our integrity?

Common sense is a must when looking at anything, but my common sense is telling me when you knowingly allow a scam to run avertisements on your web site you are no better than the guy who is ripping people off.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
I have yet to pay attention to a single online ad, so it doesn't bother me. Except for the ones that are animated or multi media types, then I just hate them because they make the site load slower.

Other than that I am a Marketing MBA's worst nightmare because I don't buy into most ads. I am old school and do all the research on my own first before I make decisions. All the money you spend on your fancy ads do nothing for me.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:46 PM
OMG, There's ads on Fitfreak.net? whoa!

Adds are just about everywhere in the internet. I'm immuned to 60% of them. Some are just too ridiculously funny that you just have to laugh, but don't need to click. At least Fitfreak doesn't register me for spam, that's when I get mad.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:41 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i don't mind ads here and there, but ads like that one are just trashy, no?

Old 04-03-2008, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
there are ads on the website? OH YEAH i have firefox with AD BLOCK PLUS that removes them permanently. I totally forgot the website had ads hahaah.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
there are ads on the website? OH YEAH i have firefox with AD BLOCK PLUS that removes them permanently. I totally forgot the website had ads hahaah.
Same here.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
WTF?

There are adds now for F#cking "Vampire Freaks".....

Yah, the goth outcast website that was directly involved in that case here in Alberta where a 13 year old and her 22 year old boyfriend murdered her little brother and the parents. Also where are those lunatics that go shoot up schools hang out..... glad to see we have been demoted to that level in one week.

Hi, can we seriously stick to adds that are not SCAMS and promote these f@ggy little outcast f#cking websites. This is F-ing retarded.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
i dont even pay attention to those adds.
so i could careless heh

Old 04-03-2008, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
We sold our integrity?

Common sense is a must when looking at anything, but my common sense is telling me when you knowingly allow a scam to run avertisements on your web site you are no better than the guy who is ripping people off.
money>integrity

as said before, ignore them.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
apathy<everything

When you ignore something that's just wrong you're not doing anything other than to promote the exact thing you find annoying and are trying to ignore. It's a large part of the reason why there's so much rampant marketing sticking its $hit covered head into almost every aspect of our lives these days. Looks like I may have to start another ad battle again, 'cause I can already see where the new company is heading and it's not pretty.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
Hmm . . . lets see how far I get this time. Feel free to jump in if you're feeling brave, banner's hosted off my website

Old 04-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I am so happy somebody else cares

I will join the fight as well!! bottom line is while 95% of us know the difference, these adds are obviously getting somebody or they wouldn't be here.... I won't stand for Fitfreak members getting ripped off.

This is wrong and I demand scam advertisement gets removed from this site!!

It detracts from the credibility of this site, it's members and our integrity as people!!!!!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 04-12-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:18 PM
I agree with both sides...

I know most ppl don't even pay attention but bottom line is new users pay close attention to everything on the website and when they see things that seem like spam/scam/bs they are just going to assume the ppl running the place are all the same. Does it really matter that someone might assume something so stupid? Yes it really does because if it detours one person it is a bad thing....You can't always pull the excuse of the smart ppl worth having here should know better and the ppl who dont we dont need them. When you start isolating users then your already making a bad point.

I've been apart of a few websites and I know how tough it is and sometimes when your goal is to only make money it tends to overlook the main focus of the site. Either way I dislike viewing that stuff myself but I know someone puts work into this website and they want to get something out of it.