Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Ability to change thread titles

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Ability to change thread titles

Alright well im not sure if it is a big deal to some but i would like the ability to change thread titles on threads that i have created and i find it somewhat un-needed to bother a mod to change it for me. Alot of times if i post up pics or something it would be easier on multiple page threads to change the title to "pics on page 7". Again it may not be a big deal to some but a possible suggestion so we dont need to bother the mods for a simple title change anymore. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:53 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
i agree. i dont see why we cant edit the title of a thread that we started.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Could be helpful if a thread changes direction midway through. However, a PM to a moderator could solve the problem almost just as fast.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by cavie187
Could be helpful if a thread changes direction midway through. However, a PM to a moderator could solve the problem almost just as fast.
True but for a thread you started and can edit why cant you adjust the title as well. Mods can do this yes but do you really need to bother them over it?

Old 04-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
True but for a thread you started and can edit why cant you adjust the title as well. Mods can do this yes but do you really need to bother them over it?
They got nothing better to do. They are moderators on internet forums for god sake. lol

Old 04-15-2008, 07:08 PM
They got nothing better to do. They are moderators on internet forums for god sake. lol
Again this is true but i dont like relying on people for something i could and should do myself. Know what i mean? If you look at the principle of it we should be able to do it ourselves. Thats all im sayin

Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Again this is true but i dont like relying on people for something i could and should do myself. Know what i mean? If you look at the principle of it we should be able to do it ourselves. Thats all im sayin
I hear ya, but if you don't give the mods something to do every now and then they feel used and unwanted. Pretty soon they are crying at 3am asking "why you don't love them" and "how come we never just cuddle anymore?"

oops, might have gotten a bit personal there, but the point stays the same. They have to feel important somehow otherwise they will begin to make rules up just out of spite because they have to do something with their time besides the dishes, laundry, and picking the kids up from soccer practice -there i go again- ....sorry.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:20 PM
I hear ya, but if you don't give the mods something to do every now and then they feel used and unwanted. Pretty soon they are crying at 3am asking "why you don't love them" and "how come we never just cuddle anymore?"

oops, might have gotten a bit personal there, but the point stays the same. They have to feel important somehow otherwise they will begin to make rules up just out of spite because they have to do something with their time besides the dishes, laundry, and picking the kids up from soccer practice -there i go again- ....sorry.
Here it comes again. "Yes that is also a true statement" haha. Sorry i keep doing it but its getting fun. I see your point but how many times have you actually PM'd a mod about changing a thread title. I know i have PM'd Tool twice. I know that they dont have a crap ton of stuff to do but what is giving the threadstarter power to change his titles really gonna do to a mod. Not much imho because they still have to lurk through all threads and posts to be sure everything is on track,no burning people, locking threads, moving posts, etc..... We arent taking very much power imho but yes i do see your point but i feel mine is better. Sorry i had to say it. haha. You know im just messin with ya.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Not a problem. I will just PM TOOL and tell him what you are saying about him in here.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I hear ya, but if you don't give TOOL something to do every now and then he feel used and unwanted. Pretty soon he is crying at 3am asking "why you don't love him" and "how come we never just cuddle anymore?"

oops, might have gotten a bit personal there, but the point stays the same. Tool has to feel important somehow otherwise he will begin to make rules up just out of spite because he has to do something with his time besides the dishes, laundry, and picking the kids up from soccer practice -there i go again- ....sorry.
Man you better stop that before Tool finds out what's going on here!

I tried to stop him Tool, but he was like a mad-man!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Not a problem. I will just PM TOOL and tell him what you are saying about him in here.
What are you talking about i didnt say anything about Tool, just that i sent him two PM's about changing thread titles and i feel that bothering Mods is not needed. I think your possibly taking this the wrong way. Remember admin is the one that makes the calls on site changes not mods or members. If they feel that it is a good idea they will change it. If they dont then this thread will just sit here and collect dust.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:30 PM
What are you talking about i didnt say anything about Tool, just that i sent him two PM's about changing thread titles and i feel that bothering Mods is not needed. I think your possibly taking this the wrong way. Remember admin is the one that makes the calls on site changes not mods or members. If they feel that it is a good idea they will change it. If they dont then this thread will just sit here and collect dust.
It was a joke dude. check my other post.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Man you better stop that before Tool finds out what's going on here!

I tried to stop him Tool, but he was like a mad-man!
Quit trying to get my thread locked and changing the posts. Thats certainly not cool

Old 04-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Retired Moderator
LOL! Dude i was cracking up!

But forreal, Josh dude you know i dont mind changing your thread titles. I like to have things to do around here. Just hit me up whenever. Dont feel shy!

Tyler

Old 04-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Quit trying to get my thread locked and changing the posts. Thats certainly not cool
I'm not trying to get your thread locked. He can see that I was the one that posted that (I made it VERY obvious so you don't get in any trouble).

If anyone has any problems with it I will edit it out for said party.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm not trying to get your thread locked. He can see that I was the one that posted that (I made it VERY obvious so you don't get in any trouble).

If anyone has any problems with it I will edit it out for said party.
Thats not needed. I saw you were joking around but last time i brought up a valid point with a suggestion thread to the admins it got locked for getting out of control and i dont want that to happen again. I would actually like to see one make it to the admins without getting locked and see if i actually have a valid point or if im just bitching.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Thats not needed. I saw you were joking around but last time i brought up a valid point with a suggestion thread to the admins it got locked for getting out of control and i dont want that to happen again. I would actually like to see one make it to the admins without getting locked and see if i actually have a valid point or if im just bitching.
No problem. I'm done messing around now. Did TOOL respond about changing the title yet (other than in here)? He said he didn't mind.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
LOL! Dude i was cracking up!

But forreal, Josh dude you know i dont mind changing your thread titles. I like to have things to do around here. Just hit me up whenever. Dont feel shy!

Tyler
I know its no big deal for you to change the thread titles but i just think it would be more convinient (spelling) if we could do it ourselves. I thought for sure i was gonna get anouther post locked. haha.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Retired Moderator
I see your point Josh.
I dont know why members cant, i think its just the server does not allow it. On all the forums ive ran on vBulliten it has not been allowed.
Us mods need things to do, so dont hesitate to PM us.

Tyler