Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Why is FitFreak website so slow?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Why is FitFreak website so slow?

I frequent many other websites and by a huge margin FitFreak is the slowest of all. Next closest is probably twice as fast with many sites nearly 10 times as fast. Different computers, connections and isp service same thing. I have 15Mbps service at home and 22Mbps service at work and still the pages here are painstakingly slow to load.

What is the solution? Buy more bandwidth on the servers? Upgrade host software? How much does each of us need to donate to fix this? Count me in for a small donation to help.

_

Old 04-25-2011, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
I have disabled the signatures--that helps--Some of the signatures have enormous photos & this forum does not limit their size or the size of avatars as other forums do to help with bandwidth

Old 04-26-2011, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
I have disabled the signatures--that helps--Some of the signatures have enormous photos & this forum does not limit their size or the size of avatars as other forums do to help with bandwidth
Thanks for the suggestion but didn't help for me. I even went back and disabled avatars and images also but no change either. After thinking about it these would only help if speed issue was on my end, i.e. computer or internet speed. FitFreak speed issue is on server end or due to software so disabling those features has no effect.

Any moderators or administrators have some input on this? I can't believe others haven't posted on this either. Is everybody satisfied with the subpar site speed? I'm not complaining to complain, I'm hoping to bring about some improvements to the site. And fully aware and willing to help support with some cash donation if that is what is needed.

_

Old 05-22-2011, 08:07 PM
i get the same thing. sometime ill click on "forum" and my comp wont even load it up. i have a few different comps i use so i doubt it the computer

Old 05-26-2011, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
Its driving me nuts.

Last edited by Neebs; 05-26-2011 at 04:45 AM.