Tanabe Racing Development USA
Made in Japan, made in Tanabe. With over 20 years of experience in the development of quality automotive parts for performance application, we take pride in all our products engineered to the strictest of tolerances, produced with the highest quality materials, and made within our very own advanced ISO9001 (International Organization for Standardization) & JISQ9001 (Japanese Industrial Standard) certified manufacturing facility located in Shiga-city, Osaka-prefecture, Japan. Race Tested and engineered to perfection, get an edge over the competition. Fuel the racing spirit!

First Look: Tower Bar (Front and Rear)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 08:55 PM
FIT Product Manufacturer
The one effect of a three point bar has that a standard two point does not have is for forward and aft movement, predominantly on braking. Unfortunately, the three point design does not work on all vehicles, and many require the firewall to be drilled.

As an OEM grade manufacturer, we do not produce any parts that require you to permanently modify your vehicle. All of our parts are designed to allow the car to be returned to it's original condition if needed.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:24 AM
any word on a fitfreak edition strut bars? i'm really interested in them...specially the rear cuz it's easier to see...if i didn't have tint haha

Old 06-13-2006, 06:55 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by Tanabe USA
The one effect of a three point bar has that a standard two point does not have is for forward and aft movement, predominantly on braking. Unfortunately, the three point design does not work on all vehicles, and many require the firewall to be drilled.

As an OEM grade manufacturer, we do not produce any parts that require you to permanently modify your vehicle. All of our parts are designed to allow the car to be returned to it's original condition if needed.
no offense, but that sounds like a real cop out to me

first of all, if you don't want to make a three point bar, you can at least make a one piece.. it still does not need "major" modifications

second, other manufacturers have adapted their design to work with minimal modifications for a three point design, if both 2 and 3 point area available, those who do want to "go back to stock" can use the 2 while the rest of us can use the 3

-joe

Old 07-31-2006, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
I want my tanabe!!!!...... 168 vs. 98 it is a no brainer!!

Old 07-31-2006, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Question

Would there be any point in just putting one on the front? I'm not so sure about putting the rear one on because it would interfere with the "magic seat." Would just the one be an improvement or would it be a waste?

Old 08-01-2006, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit2bowner
Would there be any point in just putting one on the front? I'm not so sure about putting the rear one on because it would interfere with the "magic seat." Would just the one be an improvement or would it be a waste?

I think it would definitively help because the front end receives great stress while hard cornering. The rear one is very important but if you want the front one only it would help and alot. besides this you would feel it if you corner really hard at the point the fit starts to bend. I f you only commute, then is more a matter of a cosmetic and self desicion to put it or not.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by carlosalicea
I think it would definitively help because the front end receives great stress while hard cornering. The rear one is very important but if you want the front one only it would help and alot. besides this you would feel it if you corner really hard at the point the fit starts to bend. I f you only commute, then is more a matter of a cosmetic and self desicion to put it or not.
how is the rear one "very important"?

-joe

Old 08-01-2006, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sillypuddy
how is the rear one "very important"?

-joe
It is very important. As someone stated here " put your chasis as an open box", if you flex it it would bend, but if you have it reinforced with a stick or if the box is filled, then you can not bend it (is less flexible).

the fit as any car will suffer some stress when put in a hard cornering situation. If your chasis is more rigid (i.e. with strut braces) then the suspension is more able to do its job more predictable. .....

result : better handling. Though I am no engineer but it makes sence, and it is prooven. You have to know that there are a lot of variables in a suspension set up, and I really don't know them all.

Point: braces are good.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:13 AM
if you watch Best Motoring, spoon owner explain that you want a rigid floor but a semi-rigid frame, contrary to what you said..

-joe

Old 08-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Old 08-01-2006, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sillypuddy
if you watch Best Motoring, spoon owner explain that you want a rigid floor but a semi-rigid frame, contrary to what you said..

-joe
I agree, Extremes are always bad. Like I said there are tons of possible set up, and don't know all the variables. What you need to achieve is like I said " a predictable chasis behivior"

In this case, putting strut bars, front, or front and rear, I belive is not going extremes, and should help in the Fit's handling.

For example: If I put a to rigid front end and dont improve traction by using the right tires and camber adjustment. instead of decrease understeer, I could possible worse it. A good thig to do could have bad results. Lets not become too technical ( I would definitively loose a disscusion on that matter). There are so many opinions and possibilities.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I have installed a set of these and love them!

Old 01-07-2007, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Please tell us more as to how it transformed your car after you put them on!

Also, would you be able to post some close up pics as to how its mounted to your car please?!

Old 01-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Here is more info on the bars.. a few more pics..
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...m-price-3.html

I will tell you this, down the road from my house there is a curb about.. 85degree turn, it got a 30mph sign.. I can easily take that turn at 55mph with no squeeling tires or anything I have yet to try to go any faster..

Old 05-23-2007, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
Wink

Originally Posted by Tanabe USA
We manufacture the tower braces with a hard anodized red coating...

...although it is always possible to do other colors in limited runs. Doing a limited run would require a quantity prepaid order on the other hand

Perhaps if enough FitFreak members were interested, a Special FitFreak edition could be produced. In the past, the tower braces were a simple polished aluminum finish.
I want BLUE!!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
What was the difference before and after with the braces?

Old 07-11-2007, 12:07 PM
FIT Product Manufacturer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by coldstorage5
whats the point of the bars??/ do they really help in handeling??
The strut tower bar is arguable one of the least expensive upgrades that can provide a very high degree of benefit that is felt immediately after installing. Often one of the first modifications performed on a vehicle, the strut tower brace improves handling and stability of a vehicle. The Sustec Tower Bar has been very popular due to its low price and high functionality. By connecting the strut towers, and creating a balance, the shocks are prevented from independently moving and causing small changes in suspension geometry.

In other words, yes.

Tower Bars are currently IN STOCK!
Contact the forum vendors for inquiries!

Old 12-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Banned
I recently installed the rear strut bar and am having some problems. Its always making a clacking sound. I thought it was the seats hitting the brackets, but then I folded the seats down. To my surprise the sound didn't go away.

It only seems to be making that sound when I go over bumps in the road. *I think this bar is a P-O-S!

Update: 1/8/09

Great! Its been over 2 weeks after contacting Tanabe & speaking with Nat. No RESPONSE. Excellent customer service. I <3 it. If this is how customer service is given, how about wholesale accts.? I have a different impression now than when I met w/a sales rep. at the SEMA booth.

I should of just stuck with J's for all my parts!!!

Last edited by junktea1; 01-09-2009 at 02:50 AM.