Any pics of any previous TO Fit gatherings?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 01:43 PM
acc
Any pics of any previous TO Fit gatherings?

Just wondering if there had been Fit meets in the past? Like to see some local members cars.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by acc
Just wondering if there had been Fit meets in the past? Like to see some local members cars.

There has been some 'small' ones, but back then, there really weren't much Fit drivers. Im in the works of trying to do something for the spring time, when we all swap into our 'summer modes'.

Attached are a few pics... aren't the best shot.. but... better than nothing!

EDIT: looking at these pictures again, we really need to get together in the spring for some real pictures, cause those are just crap!! (pic quality wise)

Old 02-17-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm down for a meet this spring/summer. Would love to see you guys in the flesh. I'm driving a stock Sport though.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Stock cars become modded cars

Even if you plan to leave it stock... its still good to have more people in the community!

Old 02-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Nah. I ain't going all out with my Fit. After the car is paid off, my eyes are set on HIDs, and maybe, just maybe lighter 15" wheels. I bought the Sport to detract me from buying things like bodykits and wheels, so I'm pretty satisfied at the way it looks. I just want to see better at night. As for engine stuff, there's really no point since I drive like a grandma anyway.

Originally Posted by LiL Wee FIT
Stock cars become modded cars

Even if you plan to leave it stock... its still good to have more people in the community!

Old 02-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Maz
I plan on switching over to 'summer' gear as soon as the stuff comes in I dunno how the weather's gonna hold up, but this winter hasn't been all that bad so I'll take the chance. If anything I'll just take it in for a car wash before the meet up. See you all soon

Old 02-19-2007, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
Count me in (when ever spring comes)

Old 03-04-2007, 02:13 AM
Atleast u got a sport, seeing as this was suppose to be a car which was suppose to replace the family runabout i opted for the LX model as opposed to a sport. My reasoning was that extra 2 grand would be more of less wasted when being driven by my parents or sister who have no appreciation for cars and anything related to them. But no, a month after we already bought the car they drop a huge bomb on me saying im gonna be the one driving it from now ... so i didnt get the manual tranny i wanted ... or sport trim

so far the only modification i have is a scratch on the rear bumper which some idiot who couldn't park gave me ... and lied about it in my face at first markham ... planning on repairing that and a few other rock chips in spring b4 i do any other mods which will likely to be just limited to a T1R intake, cat back or full exhaust, sport body kit if i can find one at a good price and new rims/tires

really looking forward to see other fit owners in the spring time, definetly a go for this get together

btw what type of engine oil do u guys use, im debating on whether i should go ELF 5w30 (recommended by local mechanic), Mobil 1 5w20, or Amsoil 5w20. Ive got a seperate thread in the do it yourself/maintenance forum so if you've got any suggestions or inputs please post there

Old 03-04-2007, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Oh man, must suck to know that the sport trim was in your hands reach. But no worries! The LX its still great!

Anyway, for engine oil, I personally just use castrol 5w30. Theres no point to use Mobil 1 cause its only a group 3 syn, like Castrol. But between ELF vs Amsoil.. I'll personally use Amsoil. What I've 'heard' is that theres nothing special about ELF, its just an european oil company....
Just my 2cents...

Old 03-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Oh man, must suck to know that the sport trim was in your hands reach. But no worries! The LX its still great!

Anyway, for engine oil, I personally just use castrol 5w30. Theres no point to use Mobil 1 cause its only a group 3 syn, like Castrol. But between ELF vs Amsoil.. I'll personally use Amsoil. What I've 'heard' is that theres nothing special about ELF, its just an european oil company....
Just my 2cents...
really, on mobil website it says m1 supersyn is PAO based

Old 03-04-2007, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Mobil 1 used to be Group IV syntheic, now its only a Group III. Mobil1 used to say that its Fully Synethic or 100% Syn or something, now its not there anymore. Some even say that Castrol Syntec is better than Mobil 1. But the reason I chose Castrol is because of its cost compared to Mobil 1. IIRC Castorl is like $36+tax?

Old 03-05-2007, 08:10 PM
The advantage that you have is you can opt to convert to a JDM body style. For me, I'm liking that JDM front bumper, but I'm pretty much set on keeping my body style stock. The only thing I'm thinking of right now are lighter wheels and HIDs which is probably as far as I'd go in terms of modification. As far as the auto is concerned, I have physical reasons for choosing auto, but if it weren't for the paddle shifters, I'd probably stick to manual. Having said that though, after 800kms on the Fit Auto, I think I've made the right tranny decision.

As for oil, my first and foremost concern is oil weight. In this case, 5w20. Second, in terms of brands, I'm leaning towards Mobil Supersyn (which is Group IV last I checked, but I could be wrong) for its ease of availability. If I can get Amsoil or Redline on a regular basis, then I'd probably choose those. If all else fails, Honda 5w20 (which is probably nothing more than Castrol Syntec relabelled).

Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
Atleast u got a sport, seeing as this was suppose to be a car which was suppose to replace the family runabout i opted for the LX model as opposed to a sport. My reasoning was that extra 2 grand would be more of less wasted when being driven by my parents or sister who have no appreciation for cars and anything related to them. But no, a month after we already bought the car they drop a huge bomb on me saying im gonna be the one driving it from now ... so i didnt get the manual tranny i wanted ... or sport trim

so far the only modification i have is a scratch on the rear bumper which some idiot who couldn't park gave me ... and lied about it in my face at first markham ... planning on repairing that and a few other rock chips in spring b4 i do any other mods which will likely to be just limited to a T1R intake, cat back or full exhaust, sport body kit if i can find one at a good price and new rims/tires

really looking forward to see other fit owners in the spring time, definetly a go for this get together

btw what type of engine oil do u guys use, im debating on whether i should go ELF 5w30 (recommended by local mechanic), Mobil 1 5w20, or Amsoil 5w20. Ive got a seperate thread in the do it yourself/maintenance forum so if you've got any suggestions or inputs please post there

Old 03-20-2007, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
There has been some 'small' ones, but back then, there really weren't much Fit drivers. Im in the works of trying to do something for the spring time, when we all swap into our 'summer modes'.

Attached are a few pics... aren't the best shot.. but... better than nothing!

EDIT: looking at these pictures again, we really need to get together in the spring for some real pictures, cause those are just crap!! (pic quality wise)

Let me know when the next meet is...I'm in!