Utah Fit Freaks

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
Utah Fit Freaks

Hey all (if there's anyone out there),
I haven't posted much on this site, but love to drop in every few days and check out the latest pics and threads. I love this Fit. I don't own one yet, I drive a '94 Mustang GT. I traded it straight across for it with my old '95 Civic EX coupe. I had done springs/shocks, muffler/cat, intake and shifter. I miss that car. I miss the lightweight go-kart feel and good gas mileage. 2 years later and I'm wanting another Honda. I sat in a Yaris 2 weeks ago at Menlove Toyota, but I couldn't FIT. I dropped by Willey Honda, to pick up the plates to our new Odyssey EX we bought 3 weeks ago. I was in the week before and they didn't have a Fit. I just happened to ask and yes they did have one. So, I sat in it and the FIT was much better on my 6'4" 200lb frame. The car definitely needs to be lowered and needs some nice 15" wheels. It was a Base Auto model selling for $15,200. The sales lady said the Base manual model is $800 cheaper at $14,400. She said it takes about 3 months for one to arrive from the time you order one. Nuts! But, probably worth it and enough time to sell my Mustang in the used car market.

Anyway, where's all the Utah Fitters?! There's gotta be someone around? Anyone planning to take their car to the Miller Motorsports Park track this year? That's my plan, in whatever car I own/drive is to make it to the track.

Chris

Old 02-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Utah fits

Get mine in 2 weeks or so. Cant wait . No plains to race it at miller sports park. That is what the RC51 is for. + 1 or +2 wheels, springs, tint, maybe JDM tails. Might look into turbo or JR charger kit but that is very iffy.. BTW I am getting(should I say my wife is) a storm silver metallic AT sport. Traded in our 06 Civic for it.

Anyone else live in Utah? Love to hear what you have..

Old 12-14-2007, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
theres me , i have a bom, at, dropped, and tinted, anyway where at in utah do you guys live? and do you have any idea how much it costs to take your car to miller? cause i heard it wasnt very cheap? it would be great to hear back from you guys, i thought i was the only one on here cause when they had the map on the main page of fitfreak i was the only utah one on it.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
To run at Miller for the first time, its like $100-150 or so and you do in class and on track training with an instructor and then on your own.
Then after that, its somewhere around $150-250 or so to run and you get 6-7 20 minute sessions throughout the day. My buddy does it.
I'm in Farmington. I'm driving a "grandma red" '98 Civic sedan LX with TE37 fakes in Bronze. Needs to be lowered.
Chris

Old 12-15-2007, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tite Fit
To run at Miller for the first time, its like $100-150 or so and you do in class and on track training with an instructor and then on your own.
Then after that, its somewhere around $150-250 or so to run and you get 6-7 20 minute sessions throughout the day. My buddy does it.
I'm in Farmington. I'm driving a "grandma red" '98 Civic sedan LX with TE37 fakes in Bronze. Needs to be lowered.
Chris
Thats not a bad price, i heard it cost way more like close to $500, but i glad that it is not that high maybe i will do it next year in the summer, so do you have plans to buy a fit anytime soon? and have you had a chance to drive one yet cause i would say it would be so much fun to take it to the track, the fit handles so good. what all is done to your civic?

Old 12-16-2007, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
I've got new wheels/tires (TE37 fakes by SSK in 16x7 size with 215/40/16 tires). Then it has a muffler and a K/N with a removed air silencer. Not much. This is my inbetween car until we get the minivan payed off. An '07 Odyssey.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
I thought I'd post in here again. Getting interested in Fits again. My wheels will fit a fit, so that's a bonus.

Any new Utah Fit owners around?
Chris

Old 04-02-2008, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Just picked up my new Fit yesterday from Willey Honda. Technically, I have to share it with my girlfriend, but until she learns how to drive a stick it is mine. Anyway, glad to be driving a Honda again. I had a 99 civic si back in the day. Currently also own a Forester XT.

My first mod will be a hitch for my bike rack.

Jason

Old 04-14-2008, 03:25 AM
Hey there. Name's Nick. I picked up my VBP Fit Sport on Thursday. I love the car. It's my first manual transmission and I'm getting still learning the finer points of clutch-work, but have already enjoyed a couple trips up and down Cottonwood canyon, big and little. I'm hoping to slowly buy things for my Fit over time. Eventually turning it into the perfect, most monstrous little Honda there ever was. Might take a couple years, but I'm excited.