Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Washington Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/washington-community/)
-   -   Official fit meet in wa. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/washington-community/33074-official-fit-meet-wa.html)

kylerwho 11-06-2009 03:05 PM

you know the controllers dont do anything except make it jump to full throttle by putting a little pressure on the pedal right?

i never saw any value in these but its just my opinion.

ekonetics 11-06-2009 03:11 PM

Yeah I know. Except it helps with lag from drive by wire.

kylerwho 11-06-2009 03:28 PM

ok. as long as your informed. i dont think there is that much lag. what i would really like to try is put your ge8 throttle body on my gd3 since it would be a 5mm increase so my throttle response would jump up.

scorpmatt 11-06-2009 03:40 PM

i've never noticed any lag with the DBW setup on my fit, maybe the GE8 is a little different *shrugs*.

I'm gonna hit 64k mi on my car today!

SpokanejdmGD3 11-06-2009 06:15 PM

I never have noticed lag either. Only thing I ever notice is some brake lag but even then it is minimal.

Oh and hi! guys. How has everyone been for the last few months? Been busy with work and not having time for social life but finally calming back down again. Seems like everytime the business gets a new client my life ends for short period of time.

scorpmatt 11-06-2009 06:51 PM

got myself a new job in Mukilteo, so my commute just went through the roof. Will be moving north either december or january.

Fit has gone to 64k, by the end of my commute today. Still needs front brakes done. None of my coworkers has a Fit. :(

At least though, its a m-f job, so i get weekends off. :D

ekonetics 11-06-2009 06:56 PM

I feel it every once in awhile but I'm not going to buy it right now. I'm trying to go upto Canada and pick up a couple of things instead. The eco mode on it would be nice to have but I'm good on that.

Congrats on the job Matt!! What would you be doing?

Kyler hit me up sometime when I'm on winter break from school which starts after December 11th I think and we can test it out.

Anything new Mike with your car situation?

SpokanejdmGD3 11-06-2009 07:18 PM

Not really. Just still selling it. Gonna pick up the Mirage I sold to my buddy when I got the fit. Probably keep it and drive it for a year or so to get a good down payment and then go for the NSX again.

Congrats on the job Matt. I have rotors if you need rotors.

ekonetics 11-06-2009 07:25 PM

You got any pics of the Mirage? I've been seeing this green NSX around my area all the time. I want one at some point in my life.

scorpmatt 11-07-2009 01:17 AM

mike, what brand/style rotors?

all, im building, repairing, troubleshooting DVRs for cctv use. troubleshooting does cover phones, like a help desk.

Poochmike 11-07-2009 02:13 AM

Hey Mike, where in Spokane do you live? I'm from over there, just going to school here in Seattle

SpokanejdmGD3 11-08-2009 11:00 AM

Matt - the rotors are DBA 4000 series rotors. They are 2pc vented and slotted rotors. I have pictures of them in my FS thread.

Poochmike - I live just down the hill from Joe Albi stadium, where Francis turns in to 9 mile road.

Eric - I'll post some pics of it the way it was when I had it. Not much has changed really but he has added some Evo parts to make it look alittle better.

Poochmike 11-08-2009 11:49 AM

Cool man, I lived in the Indian Trail neighborhood, pretty close to joe albi :D

scorpmatt 11-08-2009 12:20 PM

mike, i'd buy em from you but I don't want/need slotted rotors. thanks anyways.

kylerwho 11-08-2009 06:05 PM

i just got done meeting poochmike and his girl itsy. they picked up my stock rims.

i will hit you up sometime eric so we can test out the throttle body theory.

where you movingto matt?

good to hear from you mr. spokane, so your fit all parted out? what is left?

i have decided that the fit will be my wife's car and im going to start searching for a chapionship white dc2 type r.

scorpmatt 11-08-2009 06:27 PM

i'll be moving to the everett area for sure. any more specific than that i dunno right now.

kylerwho 11-08-2009 07:29 PM

ah... everett is a fun place. there are some killer back roads up there.

SpokanejdmGD3 11-08-2009 08:21 PM

Yep fit is all parted out now. I only have the DBA rotors and the intake manifold left. I put the rotors up on ebay.

scorpmatt 11-08-2009 11:13 PM

kyler, deffinately some good roads up there. :)

mike, i wish I could get the rotors off you but yeah... damn the slots. lol

Poochmike 11-08-2009 11:28 PM

Nice meeting you and your wife Kyler, thanks again for the wheels. I gave them a good cleaning when I got home :p