The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

speeding ticket

Old 02-17-2007, 03:13 AM
speeding ticket

nooo, i got a speeding ticket for doing 140kph on a 100kph in Ontario

anyone here with experience fighting off speeding tickets ??

I'm betting on the officer not showing up but if he does my defense is basically gonna question the validity and credibility of his claims, like how well he remembers the conditions that day, what i was wearing, the color of the car, bla bla bla and also by noting how a radar reading woulda been tough to get as i was in a pool of cars. If he guessed my speed it would be even easier to get off.

on the bright side i got pulled over and pulled away in under 8 minutes so hopefully he doesnt remember me and ill try to postpone the court date so far that he has no idea who i am

any other sudgustions ??

Old 02-17-2007, 03:26 AM
uhh well this is going to seem a little obvious but very easy... go the speed limit lol i mean seriously wheres the fire?

Old 02-17-2007, 03:46 AM
where's the fun in that ??

besides the current speed limits were set back in like the 70s and were kept low because of inefficient cars and the oil crisis

today its easy to go safe and be clean to the environment going 70 even 80mph, the only reason they keep the current limits in place is so they can get revenue from speeding infractions, it wasn't even like i was going excessively fast, anyone who's ever been on a 400 series highway knows no one keeps the limit, everyone drives 20-30km/h over with people on the fastlane doing 40-50 over without problem, it's just who is unlucky enough to be spotted by a cop

when i got pulled over i was in the middle of the pack and it just so happens that i was the one singled out, this is ofcourse not a defense per say as it does not excuse me from breaking the rule ... however stupid the rule is

not to mention the fact that fines are a really stupid way of enforcing a law anyways, but i wont get into the details of that here

now, any actual tips ??

Old 02-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
where's the fun in that ??

besides the current speed limits were set back in like the 70s and were kept low because of inefficient cars and the oil crisis

today its easy to go safe and be clean to the environment going 70 even 80mph, the only reason they keep the current limits in place is so they can get revenue from speeding infractions, it wasn't even like i was going excessively fast, anyone who's ever been on a 400 series highway knows no one keeps the limit, everyone drives 20-30km/h over with people on the fastlane doing 40-50 over without problem, it's just who is unlucky enough to be spotted by a cop

when i got pulled over i was in the middle of the pack and it just so happens that i was the one singled out, this is ofcourse not a defense per say as it does not excuse me from breaking the rule ... however stupid the rule is

not to mention the fact that fines are a really stupid way of enforcing a law anyways, but i wont get into the details of that here

now, any actual tips ??
You keep fighting the powers that be..... im sure they'll keep writing tickets

Old 02-18-2007, 03:42 PM
if you want fun, the highway is not the place. go autocrossing or something.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
well from what ur saying...everybody goes faster then the speed limit so that means you do it too, thats like saying if everybody jumped off a bridge u would do it too.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
well if everyone jumped off a bridge it wouldnt affect me, but if everyone's doin 140kph and im doin 100 ... that does affect me cuz id get killed

in reality everyone was doin about 120 and i get kinda scared by confined spaces (trucks to 3 sides)

and **** i got another ticket today for being in an HOV lane when i was alone ... i thought HOV lane was only restricted at peak hours wtf ... AHHHHH so freakin ***

Old 02-19-2007, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
The only time a HOV lane is restricted to time is when it is posted on the HOV signs.

There is a highway in my area where its a minimum of 3 people in the car, 24/7. Oy.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
book a court date, try to get the points dropped or the size of the fine reduced.Tell them you were having a bad day and that there is no excuse for what you did (usually works).The officer is booked the day of the court date for all the tickets they wrote (they are paid time and a half they like to show up) most of the time they will give you a break unless you pissed them off.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:10 PM
can you clarify what you mean by "The officer is booked the day of the court date for all the tickets they wrote"

all the tickets they wrote that day or wut ?? i dont understand

Old 02-19-2007, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
An officer will go to court a few times a month booked in advance for people that want to despute their ticket.So when someone wants to fight a ticket they will be booked the same day the officer has booked for court.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
I view speeding tickets as a cumulative bill. Your ticket isn't going to be 500 bucks, but its probably been 500+ days since your last ticket. Every time you speed, put a dollar into a jar somewhere. You know you were breaking the law. You know there was a penalty for speeding. You were caught, and now you have to pay for it. Its like you know doing engine mods will probably shorten the life span, but some people do it anyways... then cry when their engine stops working one day.

I've seen the cops around here pull over 30+ cars one day. It was a parking lot on the sides of the road.

PS: if you ask for another date when you get your court date, you stand a better chance of the officer not showing up.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
I've gotten around a dozen tickets in the past few years. None have ever been worth fighting IMO. An attorney I consulted on one occasion even told me just to pay the fine unless my license or job is in jeapordy. Thankfully, due to a re-occurring clerical error only a couple tickets ever got on my record. The one ticket I did fight I just ended up paying more.

One piece of advice, if you move to a new state where you have no traffic violations, if you get a big one and are summoned to appear in court, plea no contest...adjudication is often waived and you just pay the fine and court costs.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:26 AM
nooo, i got a speeding ticket for doing 140kph on a 100kph in Ontario

anyone here with experience fighting off speeding tickets ??

I'm betting on the officer not showing up but if he does my defense is basically gonna question the validity and credibility of his claims, like how well he remembers the conditions that day, what i was wearing, the color of the car, bla bla bla and also by noting how a radar reading woulda been tough to get as i was in a pool of cars. If he guessed my speed it would be even easier to get off.

on the bright side i got pulled over and pulled away in under 8 minutes so hopefully he doesnt remember me and ill try to postpone the court date so far that he has no idea who i am

any other sudgustions ??
I know that's way too late for advices, I joined this forum just very recently, but how did it go with the ticket? Of course I'd have had some advices for you, but now is too late for you, you have had 15 calendar days to request a trial date or just pay the fine and automatically get convicted and the traffic violation shows-up in your record for 3 long years... and if it's not a secret, where did it happen?
Chris

Last edited by CB19; 04-19-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
efff speed limits. I seriously think I win the title of most aggressive Fit driver on this forum. Those who have seen me drive know what i'm talking about lol

Old 04-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by integradriv3r
efff speed limits. I seriously think I win the title of most aggressive Fit driver on this forum. Those who have seen me drive know what i'm talking about lol
Depends what you mean by this aggressive driving if it's just speeding but always use signal to change lanes (left-right and right-left), never try to slow the lane behind you, never drive in the left lane w/out passing somebody, never talk on the phone (or other stupid things including read the paper instead of paying attention to the road ahead) while driving, never had a traffic accident (because you have had a very good and strict driving instructor), etc., well in this case I consider that you are just a source of revenue for your local government and some good RD and knowing very well your surroundings will pretty much fix the problem...
Chris

Old 04-19-2007, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Question

I seriously think I win the title of most aggressive Fit driver on this forum. Those who have seen me drive know what i'm talking about lol
Like people that brag about how good they are in bed...those that truly are, need say nothing.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:41 PM
i actually got pulled over once for going 100km/h in a 100km/h zone...but i guess it was my fault.. i was in the fast lane goin buot 120 when an opp pulled up behind me.. naturally i slowed down a bit and he flashed his lights..said i was going to slow..i mentioned that i was goin the limit and he told me to go faster or stay in the slow lane..wtf? he just let me off with a warning but from my impression of the incident.. it was as if he wanted me to speed

Old 04-19-2007, 06:43 PM
i requested trial date for both my tickets already

first one is comin up in a month

ooo what advice !!!

Old 04-19-2007, 07:40 PM
i requested trial date for both my tickets already

first one is comin up in a month

ooo what advice !!!
If you got the ticket (s) within the Toronto area, including 400 series hwys, I advice you to ADJOURN the trial and request another court date so you will mess-up with leo's court schedule, mostly he/she will have to show-up in court just for you so 50-50 odds that you will walk scott free, all charges withdrawn if he/she won't show-up in court... but there is a special procedure to adjourn the trial, if you want details just let me know...
What are the tickets for, speeding and the 2nd one for what?
Best of luck.
Chris

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: speeding ticket