The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

Minor need to rant

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 09:30 AM
Hey Goobers - A Happy New Year to you!

Snowballs be slushballs if that's all you have to throw... lucky it didn't hit a window - I had that happen once and you never can catch the buggers...

How's 'bout a resolution and a big dose of Jai yen and starting 2012 on a calmer foot
I'm concerned about you my friend, though I do enjoy your rampant tails. Hate to think I would miss them.

More of that photo series maybe.

peace brother
K_C_

Old 01-01-2011, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Hey Goobers - A Happy New Year to you!

Snowballs be slushballs if that's all you have to throw... lucky it didn't hit a window - I had that happen once and you never can catch the buggers...

How's 'bout a resolution and a big dose of Jai yen and starting 2012 on a calmer foot
I'm concerned about you my friend, though I do enjoy your rampant tails. Hate to think I would miss them.

More of that photo series maybe.

peace brother
K_C_
It did hit my window! It probably would've broken the glass if it had been colder (iceball). After I got hit, I stopped and saw the splash mark on the window. Then I backed up and pulled into the driveway as they start to "run"... One of them mooned me and they ran around the house. After a minute or two, the showed up and acted like they weren't the ones to do it. It was dark, so I actually thought the one the was talking to me looked like an "adult" until I got closer. By then I had already spoke as if I was still looking for the "brats." so I had little choice but to let it go... And left with a warning, next time I see them, I'm calling the cops.

Starting 2012? So are we forgoing this year already? Hahahaha.

I'm REALLY itching to buy those JDM base tails. I also need to wire up the overly bling LEDs and halos.

And of course, the even more expensive change, new tires, 205s. I'm actually wondering if even wider tires or a spacer (for the rears, 205 in front), would adversely affect the wheels/suspension. The reason I'm even thinking about it is because I do like the "flush" look (in the back at least), but I don't want to upset the suspension. Then again, according to another thread, any change to the tires (going up) results in a less "active" feel.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
When I go to Wallie World I always park in the very last spot where no one can park beside me and then I pull over to leave a good one foot distance for the other car. It gives me good exercise to have to walk the distance instead of parking close to the store and getting dented.

Cat

Old 01-01-2011, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
When I go to Wallie World I always park in the very last spot where no one can park beside me and then I pull over to leave a good one foot distance for the other car. It gives me good exercise to have to walk the distance instead of parking close to the store and getting dented.

Cat
Except that I've seen a number of post on this forum where people have done exactly what you said at Wallyworld, only to come back to their cars surrounded and possibly with a few dents anyway.

I've parked at Target or movie theathers doing that to find the one newcomer parked right next to or on in front of me, and this is with hundreds of open spots. @.@

Going to my previous post, scratch the "even wider" tires, 225s won't fit on the stock wheels, and its near impossible to find decent looking wheels, let alone one that is wide and has the same offset as stock.

That being said, my thought is... when it comes time to get new tires, I'll get 205s and see how it looks. If I get spacers for the rear, I'll keep it small with a 5mm one.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Getting lighter wheels and staying with stock sized tires that will work well for your driving style is the way I went.... The wheels are wider with more offset so I had to mess with the inner liner inside the front fenders... I have acquired 2 sets of after market en wheels and tires and change them around from when doing tire rotations and marvel at how different my car looks and handles... I figure that about the time I start getting bored with it I need to rotate the tires instead of buying more stuff to bolt on it... Unlike others that are wanting coil overs to lower their cars I want some to raise it up a little.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Getting lighter wheels and staying with stock sized tires that will work well for your driving style is the way I went.... The wheels are wider with more offset so I had to mess with the inner liner inside the front fenders... I have acquired 2 sets of after market en wheels and tires and change them around from when doing tire rotations and marvel at how different my car looks and handles... I figure that about the time I start getting bored with it I need to rotate the tires instead of buying more stuff to bolt on it... Unlike others that are wanting coil overs to lower their cars I want some to raise it up a little.
Nah, I want the wider tire to get the Fit to feel more planted on the highway, I'm getting the same feeling that I get when I had the Mirage before my brother got used BMW wheels for it (it was a larger diameter) and new tires to go along with it (didn't pay attention to these things at the time, but pretty sure it was wider). After the change, the Mirage felt better on the highway. It doesn't worry me, but nonetheless, I don't like it one bit.

I'm kinda in the same boat about raising it a little, just another half inch and the front underspoiler can safely clear these stinking curbs at work when I park at an angle. I do deliveries, so it's a pain to think about it.

What's the offset for the GD? I know GE is +53, and for a moment I forgot you had a GD, was wondering where the heck you found something with even MORE offset than that?!? lol

Old 01-03-2011, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thefit09
People are annoying and bad drivers, fact of life, lol. On the way home today I had an oddly high number of people in the fast lane going under the speed limit who did not oblige and move over to the right. I don't know how it is in other states, but it is expected for cars to move over here in Texas. Very frustrating, but you just got to keep your cool.

I've never heard of people flashing the green light sensors. That would be retarded if that's what she was doing.
In Vegas they move aside all the time! I was so happy driving to and from Vegas just because of the fact that they know how to move over lol. So fun hitting 115mph for half a mile

CA sucks, people are always on their phones and never EVER move over..

Old 01-03-2011, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
The craziest thing about cell phone drivers (they certainly aren't driving their cars) is how they will tailgate you at any speed while maintaining a focus on the rear of the car in front of them and not the road ahead.. You can move to the shoulder so they can get around you and they remain just off of your rear bumper following you onto the shoulder.... I think that drunks are a pain in the ass but cell phone addicts are much worse..

Old 01-04-2011, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
I must say I'm a better driver when I'm drunk (ofcourse I would say this, because I was drunk )

I do take turns with more ease though

Old 02-23-2012, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
time to resurrect this thread... cause i was getting pissed off at this SUV driver.

I get on the highway... I speed up (and lane change).

I end up a very short distance from an SUV that is CLEARLY going slower than the two adjacent vehicles. I don't think I'm tailgating, but even so, it's fairly obvious to me, that I shouldn't stay in this lane.

So, I double lane change to pass him (and the adjacent SUV that is slowly, but surely passing him)... and I'M SPEEDING UP EVEN MORE (at least 15-20 mph faster than when I was behind the first SUV).

And yet, I barely have enough room to pass the "slow" SUV, despite passing the faster SUV, because he decides that NOW, he wants to speed up.

It feels like he intentionally sped up to prevent me from lane changing back into the left lane (I wouldn't have, if I didn't have to also pass multiple cars in the middle and right lanes). Then, once I sped up to a few car lengths ahead and backed off the throttle (cruising almost as slow as when I was behind him)... he suddenly slows down until he's a 1/4 mile away when I get to my exit. The stupid thing is... my exit is only 4 miles from when I get on the highway.

WHY, OH FREAKING WHY, do I always have to deal with this crap ass type of driver?

If you're gonna go slow... go slow. If you want to go fast... go fast. What is so fucking hard about that?

Of course, earlier in the day... I was constantly stuck behind people that absolutely refused to even go at speed limit. The part that bugged me... it felt like they RUSHED to get in front of me (rolling through stop signs! squeezing in front of me from their turn). I hate that... I mean, it really does seem like they rush to get in front of me. I wouldn't care, so long as they CONTINUED to GO without forcing me to slow down. Am I the only one that, even though a car is far enough away for me to pull into the lane, but I know I would be going slower than them. And so, I WON'T pull in because I don't want to slow them down.

This one woman, who happened to be visiting the house I was delivering to (I didn't know until halfway through handing over the food and getting paid)... stopped FOUR times, in the span of 25 feet. I kid you not. By the third stop, I had enough room to turn into the driveway. The driveway loops by the front door. I pull up to the front door... and guess what that woman does.

She pulls into the OTHER end of loop, meaning one of us will have to back out to get out! Luckily, she realized the silliness of it before getting out of her minivan, and backed out and went behind my car.

They say chivalry is dead... well, I think so too is common sense and courtesy.

I just don't get it.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Goobers, you just described what it is like driving in North Dallas...

Old 02-24-2012, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Goobers, you just described what it is like driving in North Dallas...
No kidding, it's like that all over DFW with the insane construction going on for every major freeway. What Goobers describes is how my mornings usually are, if I'm not already stuck in a traffic jam. There's always someone driving super slow in the fast lane.

Although my morning sucked, I was able to maneuver through traffic better today because there were more open gaps. So I'm cruising in the fast lane at 75 with no cars in my lane for a quarter mile. As I get closer, this truck decides he can't take any more of driving behind a slower car in the middle lane and abruptly lane changes without speeding up as I'm approaching. Really, he couldn't wait until after I passed? Meanwhile, the car in front of him also changed to the right lane (tired of being tailgated?), so I don't even slow down to get around this jackhole and back in front of him (as to avoid the slower cars in the middle lane). After I get back in front, he finally decides to speed up trying to catch up to me but I'm long gone. After that, I had a couple of times where I had to do double lane changes again to get ahead of the slow drivers in the fast lane.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
what fuck was that just now?

So I pull up to a T intersection, all stop.

On car is coming from my left and makes a right turn just before I stop. No biggie.

A van coming from my right starts going, since he was already stopped.

I try to turn left on my "right of way" but get promptly cut off by an ass in a Nissan 350 (I think) that was right behind the van. Fine, I pull in behind him.

Look in my rear view and an escalade suv is about to ram my ass.

THEN, some guy in a Jeep goes flying by, passing the lot of us.

Of course earlier, I watched some guy slowly run a red light and nearly get smashed into by the suv that had the green light.

Have all these people lost what little they had of their minds?

Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
First post on the Wasteland.

Goobers - If you think you have it bad where you are, I invite you to drive a week in Manila. It's at least 10x crazier.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator
10x? more than 100x! not only do you have to watch out for cars, u have to watch out for speeding buses and cut thru 3-5 lanes of traffic. the jeepneys that are made of solid steel that don't care if they hit u (no insurance and ur the only one whod get damaged). suddenly appearing "mini" motorcycles coming from all sides. random pedestrians jaywalking. people pushing "push carts" hauling recycled stuff. random people knocking on ur window for money. pedicabs and tricycles.

if u can drive in Manila, u can drive anywhere.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
if u can drive in Manila, u can drive anywhere.
Been there, done that...

Goobs, need to cut back on the coffee... OR picking on big SUVs Hope you have a better day!

Last edited by Subie; 12-11-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Like I've said before...one reason why I attend trackdays is because of the relaxation factor. I kid you not.

Driving north to Clark or Subic, it's immediately noticeable that the asshole factor in other drivers definitely wanes the farther you get from Manila or Quezon City. Couple that with a trackday community of gentleman racers from the old school, and you have a strange recipe for calm.

It actually makes me dread driving back home the same night, because the inverse happens. The more kilometers I log approaching Manila, the more frequently I find myself dreading the craziness.

In the US you're blessed with wider roads, at the very least. I have family in San Francisco and South Pasadena in CA and Maple Valley in WA, and while I understand the traffic sucks just as hard, at least it ain't as claustrophobic as back home!

Last edited by Type 100; 12-11-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Driving in America is incredibly easy.

Although, I've never driven in LA, just Chicago.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Driving in America is incredibly easy.

Although, I've never driven in LA, just Chicago.
I would describe LA freeway driving as a calculated crazy. Generally, everyone is driving way too fast in heavy traffic, but SOMEHOW it all makes sense. Slow drivers stay out of the fast lane for fear of getting rammed at 90 mph (405? lol). Everyone follows a little too close and does a little too much of everything, but it's an organized calculated chaos and you can usually predict what everyone is doing before they do it.

Chicago everyone drives so slow, but I guess i'm just used to the big boulevards now, your streets are so small with exception to the 'burbs.

Bay area? I have never seen so many random retarded maneuvers in my entire driving career. 55 in the left lane? ALWAYS. And don't forget to not move over, EVER. White lines? MADE TO BE IGNORED. Double white lines? Fair game to cross any time. Checkered onramp shoulder? Also fair game, but make sure you fly 90mph up the exit lane before you cut over at the last minute to pass traffic!!!

Just my rant lol

Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Bay area reminds me of WI.

No one plans ahead.
No one thinks of other drivers.
Left lane is slow lane v.2

Quick Reply: Minor need to rant