1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 04:04 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Searching for a noblesse rear wing. Anyone know if any of the three in the states are for sale?

Old 01-20-2015, 01:16 PM
Did the first oil change yesterday. I was dreading it because Hondas in my past have put the filters in a terrible location, high on the back of the block where oil will drip on the axle and exhaust when removed. When I got the Fit in the air I was pleasantly surprised to see the filter low and on the front of the engine. Thanks, Honda!

PS 5W20 oil feels like tap water compared to the heavier stuff I use in some of the other vehicles in the fleet.

Washed the car, too. The orange looks spectacular when it's clean, which isn't nearly often enough.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
It's my birthday today. Thanks for the present random civilians!

Anybody selling a right SSM mirror or a pair of JDM LED Power Folding mirrors? Thanks.

Name:  zHTQYTQ.png
Views: 11
Size:  476.5 KB

Old 01-20-2015, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
bummer bro

happy birthday, i am truley sorry for your lots. i don't have a mirror to sell ya. jdm would be sick tho. i wanted to do it but would rather not splice into the electrical. and after seeing your pic, idk how it breaks like that but i wouldn't wanna have to replace a jdm one next time. cuz if your neighborhoods are anything like mine, i see the cars parked on the streets around my house... they all facked up from sideswipes lol.
Originally Posted by Super Mario
It's my birthday today. Thanks for the present random civilians!

Anybody selling a right SSM mirror or a pair of JDM LED Power Folding mirrors? Thanks.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:11 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by los_creeper
happy birthday, i am truley sorry for your lots. i don't have a mirror to sell ya. jdm would be sick tho. i wanted to do it but would rather not splice into the electrical. and after seeing your pic, idk how it breaks like that but i wouldn't wanna have to replace a jdm one next time. cuz if your neighborhoods are anything like mine, i see the cars parked on the streets around my house... they all facked up from sideswipes lol.
what david said!

Old 01-21-2015, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the bday wishes guys. After doing some research it seems like the wiring for JDM mirrors is a PITA. Guess I'm buying a singular right mirror off of ebay for $50.

I park on the main road while the wifey get's the inside assigned spot. My car gets beat up by other cars and people all day. Just filed a comp claim for getting keyed last month. Looks like this time the jerks pushed the mirror too far forward and the metal brackets ripped out of the plastic. I could just use some Mighty Putty to secure it back but I'd lose the option to fold the mirrors. This'll do for now.

Name:  IeVcgvp.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  306.9 KB

Old 01-21-2015, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Meh, got bored so I took a picture of my Mugen earplugs.

Name:  qJXYgzj.jpg
Size:  35.3 KB

Last edited by EightyFour; 01-21-2015 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Getting a free new rear bumper, pass. rear tail light and rear applique after a coworker backed into my Fit last night. Fortunately, it was just those 3 items damaged on initial inspection.

When I get the new rear bumper cover back from paint and get ready to install, I'll be checking the for any signs of damage at the rear quarter under the tail light. I for damn sure don't want this thing to start leaking.

In the meantime, I'm currently on the hunt for a JDP rear lip. If anyone has one that they would like to get rid of, want to possibly get a group going for JDP rear lips, OR can contact JDP please let me know.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Getting a free new rear bumper, pass. rear tail light and rear applique after a coworker backed into my Fit last night. Fortunately, it was just those 3 items damaged on initial inspection.

When I get the new rear bumper cover back from paint and get ready to install, I'll be checking the for any signs of damage at the rear quarter under the tail light. I for damn sure don't want this thing to start leaking.

In the meantime, I'm currently on the hunt for a JDP rear lip. If anyone has one that they would like to get rid of, want to possibly get a group going for JDP rear lips, OR can contact JDP please let me know.
+1 for the JDP rear lip add on to the Sport

Sucks to hear about the small accident, at least you're not out of pocked on repairs.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3.fit@gmail.com
+1 for the JDP rear lip add on to the Sport

Sucks to hear about the small accident, at least you're not out of pocked on repairs.
Awesome! I'll try to keep tabs on this and see if we can get a group production going on if we get enough interest.

It's a little bit of a bummer (especially since I was going to detail it this weekend) BUT I've been trying to look at the brighter side of things for the past few weeks. First thing that came to mind was, "I can install JDM tail lights and the JDP lip while the bumper is off".

Old 01-23-2015, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
I just picked up a newer set of the sport wheels =)

Old 01-25-2015, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
fuck radio

all about dat antenna delete lifestyle now

Old 01-26-2015, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  PRbOUJn.jpg
Size:  148.8 KB

Got some swag from Japan.

The Top Secret titanium badge is easily one of the nicest badges I've ever seen. Real top quality!

Old 01-26-2015, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
all about dat antenna delete lifestyle now

I got one on the car I bought this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281571711917?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D281571711917%26_rdc%3D1

Old 01-26-2015, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3.fit@gmail.com
a set of Polarg gold bulbs to hold me over until I save enough for my retrofit

Be careful there GE.fit@gmail.com there seems to be a defect in all your product. They all have a person holding an iPhone eched in them.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Sigh... just realized my JDM third brake light is out. I checked the fuses today and didn't see anything blown. Gonna see if I can find my oem one and test to see if it's something else or if it's just a defective JDM brake light.

My tiny parking lights are also being weird. Occasionally they'll work when I lock my car but other times they don't even come on when the alarm is armed. Gonna have to check that out as well...

My battery is getting weak. I've had it sputter on me a couple times now. I think I'm going to do the 51R conversion this week.

Oh... and just for shits and giggles, my check engine light came on today while I was tinkering with my fuse box. Greeeeeeeeeeeeat! Now I gotta figure out what's up...

Old 01-30-2015, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
I reinstalled my oem 3rd brake light and it still doesn't work consistently. If it's not the light problem or a fuse problem, it's probably something to do with wiring or the connectors which I have no idea about.

Any suggestions? I'll prob have to end up going to Honda and see if they can fix it. Wonder if they can fix my parking lights too...

I checked with a local gas station and they said my engine light was for something to do with the o2 sensor. Great. Now I'll have to get that fixed sometime soon.

On a positive note: finally did the 51R battery drop in. I took off the mounts for the preexisting battery and just placed in the new one.

Name:  KP7j9Jt.jpg
Size:  154.6 KB

Old 01-31-2015, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by umut melek
I put the new front bumper lip , searching Types bumbers...

Hi what lip is that? In need of a new one..

Old 01-31-2015, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ALLDAYKK
Hi what lip is that? In need of a new one..
That lip won't fit our model, he has the GD1 I believe while we have the GD3 in the US.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Got my 3rd brake light fixed today. Turns out it was just the brake light switch. It was a relatively cheap repair.

Also, my parking lights were just burnt so I replaced those as well.

Next week, I'm bringing it into the shop again to get my o2 sensor replace.

Oh well, at least now I can relax this weekend.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?