1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

MR. LS400's 07 MR GD3 (Sophia)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Nice build, minus the headaches Does the Racepak accept the stock signals from the flash pro/the oem sensors or does it require racepak sensors? I am not sure as I haven't searched, just asking these questions to give you a general direction to maybe?

Old 03-12-2017, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by idrivemyself
Good to hear, some things aren't worth hanging on to. I haven't had door leaks on a GD yet but I can say that the 3M weather strip adhesive is good stuff. If we were a bit closer geographically I would offer to diag your setup, having it done remotely just adds time and some frustrations. Hopefully Hasport gets it sorted soon! Thanks for the luck, my swap is still a month or two away. I'm still amassing parts and trying to decide whether I want to tackle a JDM CL7 or JDM EP3 K20A swap. CL7 has many perks but getting the VSS sorted is the potential headache... You're right about the headaches being worth it on the first drive though! I'm pretty hellbent on running the stock cluster too, so dual ECUs is in the cards. But we'll see, I haven't even bought an engine yet.

What are your reasons for standalone? Just the cluster issues? Already having Hondata puts you squarely in the driver's seat. IMO find someone local with solid wiring knowledge and save the money on going standalone. I'm sure you've already put more $$$ into the swap than anticipated.
I am using the 3m Butyl weather stripping and that stuff works awesome! We had some pretty nasty storms here a few months ago with some heavy rain and flooding so it took its toll on the factory door liner sealant. Everything is all good now. I appreciate the offer for the help. We have narrowed the issue down to the CANbus system. The issue is that the Can system on the Fit is operated through the factory ECU and it is wired into the car on the TSX so unless there is a way to wire it into the Fit the TSX ECU isn't going to provide the signal the gauges need. I am also using a Z3 tranny and the VSS is operated through a signal and the Fit/TSX are mechanical so if you use the CL7 trans you might not have an issue with the speedometer? I don't mind going standalone since my ultimate goal is to build the Fit into a racecar. I am going to ditch as much as I can with only keeping all the legal light functions, wipers and heat.

Originally Posted by axlline
Nice build, minus the headaches Does the Racepak accept the stock signals from the flash pro/the oem sensors or does it require racepak sensors? I am not sure as I haven't searched, just asking these questions to give you a general direction to maybe?
The Racepak accepts the stock sensors, the issue is with the CANbus system. Since the Fit and TSX's systems operate differently there is no communication with the gauges. I have been working with the local shop here Rameybuilt and Hasport to figure out the issue so it is just a matter of time now. Where are you located in VA?

Last edited by MR. LS400; 03-12-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
In my case dual ECUs will be the ticket along with a VSS translator to drive the Fit cluster. I want to keep it Secret Squirrel on the inside... If you're going racecar with yours, then yep, to hell with the factory stuff and standalone that setup!

Old 03-13-2017, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MR. LS400
I don't mind going standalone since my ultimate goal is to build the Fit into a racecar. I am going to ditch as much as I can with only keeping all the legal light functions, wipers and heat.

The Racepak accepts the stock sensors, the issue is with the CANbus system. Since the Fit and TSX's systems operate differently there is no communication with the gauges. I have been working with the local shop here Rameybuilt and Hasport to figure out the issue so it is just a matter of time now. Where are you located in VA?
Standalone sounds like the quick(sorta) answer, I'm sure Shawn and Hasport will figure it out. I'm in VA Beach. I have a 3rd gen now and I am just noticing the CANbus in my limited searching for information.

Last edited by axlline; 03-13-2017 at 10:10 AM.