2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by g95pteg
any up close shots of how the 3m carbon vinyl looks? im definately doing that on my car.. love the way this looks.. any reason to do it on the modulo garnish instead of just straight on the bumper? guess its easier also what are you dropped on?
Well, the Modulo Garnish do have different "diffuser" pattern and make
that part of the bumper looks more "pronounced"

Here is the close up pictures of mine, I know it is not the carbon wrap looks, but it should show you the different "diffuser" pattern:
Name:  DSC08668_zpsea5843a5.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  47.2 KB

Originally Posted by MEATBABY
^ Well he wants the garnish, so that's why.
Dang BMW you actually have a tool specifically for compressing the brake piston HAHA!
Hi MEATBABY,
Yeah, I read the Honda Fit Factory Service Manual, and they specify
the need to have brake piston compressor tools, so I bought it to make
it easier to change the pads,
beside the tools that I bought had the capability for 4 or 6 piston brake caliper, and I plan to install a 6 piston front brake caliper as soon
as budget allowed (and I had not secure the budget for the past 18 months hahaha)...

Old 01-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Hi,
May I know, Which exhaust shop do your modification?
I might need to modify mine soon too.
Thanks,
Sure, Custom Muffler & Brakes in Hawthorne ask for Junior

Auto Repair : Custom Muffler and Brakes - Hawthorne, CA, phone: (888) 351-7442

He is a long time Honda guy so he will take care of you!

Originally Posted by Nerdsrock22
Installed the Modulo garnish. I chose to wrap mine in 3M carbon vinyl
Looking good, loving your Enkei's too

Old 01-09-2015, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I<3MYGE8
Some people may think it looks tacky but i love the look. Where do i go about buying one of these a/t knobs?
Or installing them
It's not tacky so much as a cry for help. I'd recommend a good 12 step program.

Old 01-10-2015, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit Charlie
It's not tacky so much as a cry for help. I'd recommend a good 12 step program.
That is a bit harsh... I can understand the want to change the shifter to something that looks nicer. I don't think he is trying to trick anyone into thinking he drives a manual, but I have to say the A/T shifter looks so gosh dang ugly!!! Why can't it actually be crafted instead of some plastic wrapped in pleather.

To the guy looking for the A/T shifter. Look up speed ball A/T shifter adapter (the tiny one, there are 2). You can screw on a regular shift knob and add a shift boot.

Its your car, as long as you like it then that is all that matters!

Old 01-11-2015, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
Back on few months ago, when i pushed the dow Urethane adhesive into the front bushings, and then replace them, did also left side of the back Rear Axle Bushing unattended... I live in China, too many fake stuff, and buying some stuff from overseas, seemed quite expensive (but easier perhaps), thats why I went "nasty" and this is why:

I did most of my Sound deadening ( floor, roof, doors, whole
trunk, Engine bay (Factory Insulator out, Included dashboard upper lid), thick tubbing into the door seals ( both inner and outter), Undercoating 3M paint (including fenders), Lower back Grommets completed ( missing after purchase) and upgraded KYB shocks x4 ....But the noises coming from the gaps/uneven roads here, was just annoying... something that no sound deadening improved...

I considered this project ( thanks to the Poster). An I had a great improvement... softness on the ride... with the front/Left bushings filled. Since I am a man of science, the Right unattended was the test,to see if this really made any difference...

For the last 6 months i been hearing the loud "clank" noises from the unattended Right Back Axle bushing...that reminded me how good this DIY is... and I kept pretending for the last months that I had no time to get messy again...

But now I have done it, instead of using the "gun" i opened the "guts" of the Dow Poly package ( which, lucky me, was not dried -surprised-), covered my hands in 3 pairs of rubber gloves and sqqqquueeezee the stuff in... I repeat, i went down on the car, grab Poly with my hands and sqqquuueeeezzzeee it into the Bushing.....

I have a new level of softness ... took 3 days to feel hard now in winter ( after 24 hours it felt too soft at touch).

I am convinced that this is a MUST DIY... Seems the 3rd Gen changed the front lower arm but kept same rear axle bushings....(?)

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ng-fill-2.html

Last edited by camivill; 01-11-2015 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
That is a bit harsh... I can understand the want to change the shifter to something that looks nicer. I don't think he is trying to trick anyone into thinking he drives a manual, but I have to say the A/T shifter looks so gosh dang ugly!!! Why can't it actually be crafted instead of some plastic wrapped in pleather.

To the guy looking for the A/T shifter. Look up speed ball A/T shifter adapter (the tiny one, there are 2). You can screw on a regular shift knob and add a shift boot.

Its your car, as long as you like it then that is all that matters!
I agree. As long as the car isn't compromised in some serious way, there is no wrong way to modify a car. If other people find your car to be in poor taste, that's their problem.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
Installed this today:

Name:  20150111_115014_zpsf998c38c.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  70.1 KB

Also did a ghetto grill block. I cut up a lawn edging I had lying around and covered up the upper half of the lower grill. I also took some aluminum tape and covered up the vents feeding the air dam for the intake. Let's see if it makes a difference or if they stay on.

Old 01-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Administrator
Woke up this morning to both a sinus infection and the TPMS malfunction indicator lit up on the dash

Will call the dealer if they can replace it under warranty otherwise I will spring for a new sensor (or sensors) depending on what the saved codes are

Old 01-13-2015, 09:38 AM
Everything is perfect

I am making no changes I love the car as is, just put on a few stickers on the back to personalize her.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by g95pteg
any up close shots of how the 3m carbon vinyl looks? im definately doing that on my car.. love the way this looks.. any reason to do it on the modulo garnish instead of just straight on the bumper? guess its easier

also what are you dropped on?
Sorry it took so long to respond.

I wanted the garnish, and it was painted a silver color, so this was the cheapest option. I also wanted some carbon (look) up front to match the JDP spoiler in the back.

The car is lowered on T1R Basic coilovers.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:29 PM
Grill update

Hi, I just buy from eBay de mugen grill. Next step is paint and installation

Old 01-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
Installed this today:

Also did a ghetto grill block. I cut up a lawn edging I had lying around and covered up the upper half of the lower grill. I also took some aluminum tape and covered up the vents feeding the air dam for the intake. Let's see if it makes a difference or if they stay on.
That's great.. Mine has the same emblem. The only difference is that is not that red. Is like a different tone of red.. Where you get that one?

Old 01-13-2015, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by RolandoB16
That's great.. Mine has the same emblem. The only difference is that is not that red. Is like a different tone of red.. Where you get that one?
i got it from the For Sale forum..

Old 01-14-2015, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
My K&N Air Intake arrives

Old 01-14-2015, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
Installed this today:

You swapped out the carbon fiber sticker for the emblem?

Any reason why?

Old 01-14-2015, 02:10 PM
2009 honda fit base

Can someone help me out? I want to install fog lights on my base honda fit but some people have told me that I can use Acura RSX fog lights to do it. I already bought them and I already have the person who's going to install them but I see everybody uses some other kind of fog lights. Are the rsx alright? do they fit? Or should I buy some other?

Old 01-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by FitStir
You swapped out the carbon fiber sticker for the emblem?

Any reason why?
Wasnt a perfect fit and had to trim it. Never stuck on completely and would come off if it got caught on my sleeve.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered the OEM door visors and all-weather mats. I won't be doing any wild/expensive mods as my budget is allocated elsewhere with 2 kids approaching college.

Still love the Fit though. Oldest thinks he is getting it in a few years...

Old 01-14-2015, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Monica Soto
Can someone help me out? I want to install fog lights on my base honda fit but some people have told me that I can use Acura RSX fog lights to do it. I already bought them and I already have the person who's going to install them but I see everybody uses some other kind of fog lights. Are the rsx alright? do they fit? Or should I buy some other?
Never heard of rsx fogs on base. I am curious to see that. Keep us posted and maybe a diy for others

Old 01-14-2015, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Monica Soto
I never realized how much more expensive the GE fog lights are compared to the GD. The GD aftermarket ones are like $50-$80 and a set of OEM Honda ones can be had for between $80-$100.

I don't think the RSX fog lights are a direct fit for the GE. The fog light bulb assembly itself is the same. They share the same part number for many Hondas too.

The RSX part numbers:
08V31-S5D-1M101 FOGLIGHT ASSY., R.
08V31-S5D-1M102 FOGLIGHT ASSY., L.

Are the same as the following:

I dont recall every seeing aftermarket fog light OEM style kits for the GE but almost every dealer still carries the OEM Honda kit:
08V31-TK6-100 | Honda Fog Lights (Fit) - Bernardi Parts

The RSX aftermarket kits are between $50-80 so if you try it, best of luck.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?