2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help installing tein s tech

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 08:59 PM
I need help installing tein s tech

I have no installation. Do the front bumpstops need to be cut. And if so how much cutting.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Anyone? I'm begging you... Thx.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
Nope don't cut them. I know it says you might need to but don't.

Also patience is a virtue.

Old 04-03-2016, 02:30 AM
Well even worse so we figured out what u stated but now both wheel splines are out of transmission. I'd like some insight to give his grandfather who has a old 6sec 8th miler to help him since the boot are covered in rubber. Thanks. I was doing this 30mile from home . so I was very nervous being a paraplegic with no car to get home. Thx.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:54 AM
.ok so we found out the problem. Well they did any way. He drove me home at 0230. It was a wheel bearing. Now since the wheels have been off the VSA, ABS, BRAKE are on. Do I need to have my dealer who loves when I mod my car, bring it up there when I get my oil change rest or is there an easier change because pulling battery did not fix because during the wheel issue it sounded like when my S2000 had bad shafts which it doesn't now. Just the normal knocking from the Cusco 2-point mid-brace bar. Tranny knocking at initial start-up. Hit me up if questions. BTW the bump stops didn't need to be cut. The handling is great on S-tech's. Lowered very even with my 10in sub/box. Next is front strut bar.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:57 AM
I'm on s techs for my Ge. they're cool but i think they're a bit soft when it comes to cornering.. currently saving up for bilstein b14

Old 04-09-2016, 06:07 PM
hi! im new here but i've been seeing the site everytime i search things related with honda/fit jazz. well, anyways, i have installed tein s tech on my GE06 L13(ASIAN MODEL) and i was just not satisfied with the drop. as far as cornering is concern, it depends on how fast your fit is running, how tight the spot is and which gear are you in. it will eventually slide or drift if you're hitting the road 60?70?km/h on a curve and your probably on the 4th gear.

and btw, the reason lowering springs are made is to have your ride the sporty look and a bit of comfort on with the stiffness of the ride. to be honest, nothing beats the stock springs. its just the matter of LOOK's VS COMFORT. Mind me Telling you guys my story. since i had done one stupid thing before concerning your question about cutting your spring. i had my stock springs cut before (DUMBASS, what was i thinking before. LOL) since some of my friends have their springs cut. the thing is, their cars were like honda sedan VTI, SIR(that's what we call them back here) and to think their coil springs are twisted like 8-10 times so cutting a piece would not really hurt the ride and comfort that much. well, our stock springs are wayyyyy different since as far as i remember, the coil was like 6-7. i have like 2 coils taken off my springs. EVENTUALLY, the car was totally sick and wicked on LOOKS but oh my my!!! the ride was so bumpy and as if i was jumping inside my car everytime i hit some un-proportioned part of the road while on mid throttle(50km/h). it was really a pain in the butt, LITERALLY speaking. so eventually, i decided to get TEIN STECH. i was saving money at that time to get me some mods for my car but the funny thing is, i was thinking to save more if i just have my springs cut and get more mods. NOT!!! it was double jeopardy since i had to replace my springs and well, of course, i also spent money having those stock springs cut. i just paid for something to be USELESS. Well, Charge it to experience. it happens. so just a friendly advise, if you would really want to have the sporty look and comfort, Go with the LOWERING SPRINGS. But If Not, you might also want to check on COILOVERS. i hope my stupidity helped you decide

Last edited by NIR777; 04-09-2016 at 06:34 PM. Reason: more infromation added
Old 04-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Did a track day on them recently. They handle good and make the car pretty flat but can be a little stiffer and firmer imo. I have after market wheels and is not satisfied with the drop as well.. The front sits a lot higher than the rears

Old 04-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by PaeGe8
Did a track day on them recently. They handle good and make the car pretty flat but can be a little stiffer and firmer imo. I have after market wheels and is not satisfied with the drop as well.. The front sits a lot higher than the rears
i thought i was the only one who noticed the stance on that. i was a bit surprised as well with the out come of TEIN since you are correct regarding the gap. front is higher that rear. i was expecting a nose dive before. i was even asking the mechanic if its really supposed to look that way hahaha. and the funny thing is, the mechanic said "YES, Its Because your TEIN springs are just new. give it time to rest and you'll see the difference" hahaha ^_^