2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weapon R mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Weapon R mods

I am a 2009 Fit owner. The manual transmission vehicles I have owned in the past have been pretty straight forward when it comes to tuning. AT vehicles however, leave me thinking cautiously when tuning. I owned a 2003 Accord, V6 and AT, and had a Weapon R Secret Weapon intake, as well as a Weapon R intake manifold on it. Throttle response improved dramatically. The transmission, however, was built to handle more than my Fit's AT was. I want to add both the intake and the manifold to my Fit, for better lower end power, both for safety response and for a little bit of boogie. Does anyone out there know what mods can be fitted to an AT Fit without putting the transmission in jeopardy? I would like to eventually aftermarket the entire intake/exhaust systems in my Fit, but the last thing I would want to do is blow the transmission on the family car. Also if anyone is interested in purchasing a 2008 STi wagon with 86k miles in the Atlanta area, let me know.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Intake, Headers and Exhaust and call it a day.

You are not gonna get a lot out of these little engines. You may get a bit better sound but especially on an automatic you won't get much performance gains.

Besides forced induction there isn't really much to do or worth doing.

I think every fit owner knows that these aren't fast cars, but as long as you can do 80 on the freeway then thats good enough for these little guys.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Intake, Headers and Exhaust and call it a day.

You are not gonna get a lot out of these little engines. You may get a bit better sound but especially on an automatic you won't get much performance gains.

Besides forced induction there isn't really much to do or worth doing.

I think every fit owner knows that these aren't fast cars, but as long as you can do 80 on the freeway then thats good enough for these little guys.
Don't forget a lightweight crank pulley as well as lighter wheel/tires.