2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

best bang for the buck for Lowering and better handling?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 10:54 AM
best bang for the buck for Lowering and better handling?

New here and don't have a fit yet but I'm trying to price out some lowering springs and what else would be needed to keep a good alignment ( camber bars etc). I'm not sure exactly what is required on the fit vs the acura I have now regarding lowering. I was just looking for springs (1" drop) and wider tires/rims. Coil overs are over budget.
Any help is appreciated.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
As far as bang for the buck I think a Progress rear sway bar is tough to beat. It's easy to install with a jack, stands, and simple tools and gets rid of a lot of the body roll and makes the car feel more planted in corners. The bar is the only mod I've done to my suspension and it works very well even at stock ride height.
For springs I've read that a lot of people love the Swift springs and they seem to work well with the stock shocks.

- Dustin

Old 01-27-2015, 02:22 PM
thanks!

Old 01-27-2015, 02:33 PM
If you are only looking to lower 1" and keep your stock shocks, I would say Swifts are your best bet. They are linear rate and pair well with the OEM shocks, and don't put the suspension geometry too far out of whack from stock.

You don't really need anything else like camber correction, but adding a little camber in the front with camber bolts is a good idea handling wise. I don't know what kind of Acura you have now, but if it's an older one, the Fit is a different animal, and has it's deficiencies compared to the older Hondas.

Do some searching on here, there's some good suspension discussions if you want to get into it.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
+1 on the camber bolts. I completely forgot about those when I replied earlier. I installed SPC camber bolts on mine and just had it aligned a few weeks ago. It's not as dramatic an improvement as the sway bar was, but it definitely made a difference.....stonger turn in when turning quickly and better traction once you're in a turn and the car's weight has shifted. I'm running 205 width tires on mine and the camber adjustment (it' dialed it at -1.1 degrees on both sides) really helped the "rolling over" feeling I was getting with the wider tires on the narrow stock sport rims as well.

-Dustin

Old 01-29-2015, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member
Xtina - where in Canada? I am running Swifts and RSB.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Xtina - where in Canada? I am running Swifts and RSB.
I'm just outside Toronto. I have a csx currently but it's getting older and rust makes me anxious so I want to get a fit since it reminds me of my 04 civic. go cart party!

Old 02-12-2017, 12:57 PM
so what about the back of the car with a 1" drop. how does affect the camber?

Old 02-12-2017, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=Wanderer.;1289291]If you are only looking to lower 1" and keep your stock shocks, I would say Swifts are your best bet. They are linear rate and pair well with the OEM shocks, and don't put the suspension geometry too far out of whack from stock.

You don't really need anything else like camber correction, but adding a little camber in the front with camber bolts is a good idea handling wise. I don't know what kind of Acura you have now, but if it's an older one, the Fit is a different animal, and has it's deficiencies compared to the older Hondas.

Do some searching on here, there's some good suspension discussions if you want to get into it.[so what the rear interms of camberwith the 1"drop]

Old 02-12-2017, 01:04 PM
so what about the rear with the 1" drop. how does that affect the rear camber?