3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Mugen Style Grille

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Mugen Style Grille

CF-Spec Carbon now offers (link at bottom) what I believe to be the closet and cheapest thing to reaching the absolute pinnacle of JDM styling that is the Mugen Front Sports Grille part number 75100-XMK-K0S0. Seen here:

Name:  mugen-fit-3_1200.jpg
Views: 5506
Size:  95.8 KB

Just a bit of back story on my quest to get my hands on this authentic grille made of unobtainium as far as cost could possibly go: apart from getting this through a Japan/Americas distributor I found a willing Ebay salesperson to quote a price of $540 (prices are in USD) + $87 shipping. So this would put the grille in my arms for around $630. HOWEVER as the FitFreak MacGyver Myxalplyx pointed out the JDM grilles DO NOT fit our USDM front bumpers. Read more here:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...nt-grille.html

Therefore a bumper swap would be needed. They can be done and may become easier as the car ages. Here Spoon does the swap:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ema-build.html

Price ranges really go off the charts here. The time spent tracking down one in good condition with matching color etc...If memory serves other models of Fits have been around the $1000 mark. Together about $1600 (as of Spring 2015). The thought of spending this much time, effort, and money and losing it to a fender bender really makes going after a legit Mugen grille merely a Pyrrhic victory. I'd be too afraid to even drive it.

Which brings me back to topic: CF Spec Carbon's Mugen style offering. Here are the pictures they sent when I queried about them releasing such an item

Name:  cf-carbon-grille.jpg
Views: 2579
Size:  56.4 KB

Name:  cf-carbon-grille2.jpg
Views: 4058
Size:  104.1 KB

The top photo looks a lot like the ones sold on Ebay - cheap shiny plastic. First strike. The bottom one matches the car pictured on the grille's page on their site albeit a different angle. Second strike was this photo looked familiar to me. (Keep in mind this is what they sent me personally) I did a Google image search which resulted in this exact photo having been posted here:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...k5-taiwan.html

Now, the image they actually use for the product display on the web site does not show up anywhere else. CF Spec does say on it's site they have a location in Taiwan, and the poster of the above linked thread does say he has a friend who can get the JDM parts... but it still seems sketchy. Anyone bought from them before?

I still need to verify with CF Spec if this is specifically for the US market Fit. And if they have any pictures not taken from other websites...Will return to post my results.

They also mention they'd have a front bumper lip available. It isn't on the website yet. And they have a sponsorship program available now for the GK but the program starts when the customer orders $1500+ items.

Here is the link to the Mugen style grille: Front Grill - CF-Spec Carbon

TLDR: dudes at CF Spec got a replica Mugen grille lol

Old 04-18-2015, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator
CF SPEC imports TDM (Taiwan Domestic Market) Parts. As far as genuine, YMMV. Unfortunately, the grill and the lip won't fit your USDM bumper. Ask them to sell u a TDM/JDM bumper and u'd be good.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
Ahhh damn. Well, good to know. They should change the name from Mugen Power to Mugen Desire. I want this thing so bad!