General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by onzedge
Swifts on a Fit -- very cool stuff.

You are missed at the other place.
/\ I agree with Mr. Onzedge! Swifts on a Fit =

Ken, at my request we killed the old thread and I started a new one.

You're missed!!

Old 08-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
will get better snaps later on using my DSLR... didn't have much time to do a test drive today as i had to get back to family stuff, but the short 20min drive was very enjoyable. the ride is nicely firmer but not jarring at all, no rubbing that i could tell so far, and no looseness feel when changing lanes. no need for swaybar. this is the SWIFTS springs.

plus the dropped look with the 17's is just perfect for me. i was finally able to make my car 'mine' after driving it for 6 days feeling 'just doesnt quite look like something kenchan would drive.' hahaha

special thanks to VANCT for the inspiration.

the install itself was real easy. placing the tower nut back on the driver side was a tad tricky at first, but i just taped the nut to my open wrench, place the nut on top of the threaded shaft, turned the wrench cw as far as i could, pulled away the wrench from the tape & nut, and just turned the nut by hand until i had enough resistance to use the ratchet wrench.

for the front knuckle, to prevent CV joint separation, i used the factory scissors jack under the knuckle to support. i have 2 hydraulics so i used my second one on the other side of the car to temporarily raise and release front swaybar torsion, and just unscrewed the nut to separate the endlink from the strut. real easy. start to finish it took maybe 1.5-2hrs to do all 4.

i put a dab of black enamel tape where my spring compressor thread rubbed the bottom spring seat on the strut. you can see that little swab with black paint in the earlier posted pict. hahaha

Old 08-18-2012, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
so next week i hope to have the ivtec decal to complete the look minus tint...which i will need to wait until early sept.

still need to do the #74 bulb swap to blue LED's for the cup holder area, and to make my ignition key ring. for this i need to open up my 09's fuse box to see where i tapped it. lol...it's been almost 4 years since i did the mod so i cant remember. hahaha

Old 08-18-2012, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
Swifts on a Fit -- very cool stuff.

You are missed at the other place.

Originally Posted by mike410b
Ahh, it feels good having kenchan back on ff.net
hey thanks, mike. i hope to have the '12 finished soon. so far im really liking the car. will take it out some more over the weekend to break in the tanabe and swifts. especially the tanabe i need to put more miles on as it's still smoking from the oils and gasket inside. hahaha. that's my way of calling 'new car smell.'

Originally Posted by Happytheman

You're missed!!

Old 08-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
will get better snaps later on using my DSLR... didn't have much time to do a test drive today as i had to get back to family stuff, but the short 20min drive was very enjoyable. the ride is nicely firmer but not jarring at all, no rubbing that i could tell so far, and no looseness feel when changing lanes. no need for swaybar. this is the SWIFTS springs.

plus the dropped look with the 17's is just perfect for me. i was finally able to make my car 'mine' after driving it for 6 days feeling 'just doesnt quite look like something kenchan would drive.' hahaha

special thanks to VANCT for the inspiration.

the install itself was real easy. placing the tower nut back on the driver side was a tad tricky at first, but i just taped the nut to my open wrench, place the nut on top of the threaded shaft, turned the wrench cw as far as i could, pulled away the wrench from the tape & nut, and just turned the nut by hand until i had enough resistance to use the ratchet wrench.

for the front knuckle, to prevent CV joint separation, i used the factory scissors jack under the knuckle to support. i have 2 hydraulics so i used my second one on the other side of the car to temporarily raise and release front swaybar torsion, and just unscrewed the nut to separate the endlink from the strut. real easy. start to finish it took maybe 1.5-2hrs to do all 4.

i put a dab of black enamel tape where my spring compressor thread rubbed the bottom spring seat on the strut. you can see that little swab with black paint in the earlier posted pict. hahaha
Fit looks great man! Keep up the good work. Six days of ownership? You've done more on yer Fit in six days than some do in months!

Old 08-18-2012, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Fit looks great man! Keep up the good work. Six days of ownership? You've done more on yer Fit in six days than some do in months!
hey thanks!

took some snaps today... afterwards took it for another short test drive to see if my setup would rub. no issue still over pretty bumpy roads with dips and humps. very happy with this setup.

i need to move my factory wheels down into the basement...

then i will be installing my recaro booster (#3) in my G. completely forgot i had one extra one. hahahahaha.

some picts here.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:14 PM

You're missed!!
hey mr. Ken-chan!!
!Wow! Had to come all the way over to Fitland to see a pic of the ride!! Very cool

Old 08-18-2012, 03:23 PM
got the wheels cleaned up tonight. (the 4th one isn't in the pict but i have it..lol)

and got my factory bits (leather knob, cf trim, sills) along with the 12v usb adapter as well. the wheel locks will be used on my factory wheels in the winter time.

Never had anything nice enough to worry about somebody stealing it (ref:wheel locks) -how many does mr. Kenchan have?! Lots! Lol
Thank goodness i live in rural area where my wheels really have no other good use-4-wheelers and 4-wheel drive trucks abundant-

Old 08-18-2012, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
woot, gotz the blue led's in the mail this pm so installed for the cup holder area. it was like 10pcs for like $5 or something. super cheap.

and also found the ivtec decal in the mail so woot! installed.

also fixed the rattling recaro booster seats. no more rattling over bumps. was annoying the hell out of me.

so the only thing left is ignition key ring...hummm... that's too quick. i need to find more projects.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackcherry20
hey mr. Ken-chan!!
!Wow! Had to come all the way over to Fitland to see a pic of the ride!! Very cool
hey, ms.blackcherry! thanks. im really liking this new Fit.

Never had anything nice enough to worry about somebody stealing it (ref:wheel locks) -how many does mr. Kenchan have?! Lots! Lol
Thank goodness i live in rural area where my wheels really have no other good use-4-wheelers and 4-wheel drive trucks abundant-
actually on these enkei wheels im not worried at all. i doubt anyone's going to steal them. the total cost of 4 wheels and 4 tires is less than one nismo wheel + advan sport on my Z, or the one SSR 3pc wheel + S04 on my G. hahahahaha.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:21 PM
hey mr. Ken-chan!!

I agree -- that is a very nice looking Fit. Why did you make me sign up here?

Old 08-18-2012, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
I agree -- that is a very nice looking Fit. Why did you make me sign up here?
thanks, mr.onzedge. welcome! this thread has been my home since 2007.

i post Z stuff too.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:29 PM
thanks, mr.onzedge. welcome! this thread has been my home since 2007.

i post Z stuff too.
Mr. Kenchan -- so you kind of follow the "mod all-at-once" approach? For me, I like to do one thing at a time to prolong the "gee, this car feels better" feeling.

On a personal note -- the "other place" is just not the same without your input. Have you completely abandoned it?

Old 08-18-2012, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Mr. Kenchan -- so you kind of follow the "mod all-at-once" approach? For me, I like to do one thing at a time to prolong the "gee, this car feels better" feeling.

On a personal note -- the "other place" is just not the same without your input. Have you completely abandoned it?
mr.onzedge- usually when i buy these kinds of cars i do like to mod it to make it 'mine' quickly. it's been one week since i took delivery and i FINALLY feel like i bought the car i wanted. wish honda would just sell these cars in the RS trim here with everything included from the factory.

the other place... ive not deleted my profile and pictures and threads i made so i have not completely abandoned it. i just haven't visited there since the rude post by one of the mods there. and allowing some members to keep posting that should be permanently banned. place turned me off.

i do miss you guys so please invite them here if you'd like. basically my blog is about cars including Fits.

OH AND WE REP HERE TOO!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
couple of handy tools i recommend when you do the mods ive done so far:

here is the ratchet i used on the front tower nut through the service hole.
if you can't buy the entire set, just get the 17mm ala carte.

Amazon.com: GearWrench 9901 12 Piece Metric Flex-Head Combination Ratcheting Wrench Set: Home Improvement Amazon.com: GearWrench 9901 12 Piece Metric Flex-Head Combination Ratcheting Wrench Set: Home Improvement

handy for working on endlinks and most suspension bits where you dont have room to fit a standard wrench nor socket as you need to hold the shaft with a hex key.

Amazon.com: SK Hand Tool 89450 75-Degree Offset Double Box Spline G-Pro Metric Wrench Set, 5-Piece: Home Improvement Amazon.com: SK Hand Tool 89450 75-Degree Offset Double Box Spline G-Pro Metric Wrench Set, 5-Piece: Home Improvement

my impact had plenty of torque to do the Fit's suspension. you will need more power to do other cars, but for most work it's good to have a 3/8 drive impact.

Amazon.com: Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2651-20 18-Volt M18 3/8-Inch Compact Impact Wrench with Ring (Tool Only, No Battery): Home Improvement Amazon.com: Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2651-20 18-Volt M18 3/8-Inch Compact Impact Wrench with Ring (Tool Only, No Battery): Home Improvement

i use a metric impact socket set from Sunex... cheap and durable. dont forget adapters and wobbles.

Amazon.com: Sunex 3329 29 Piece 3/8-Inch Drive Standard and Deep Metric Master Impact Socket Set: Home Improvement Amazon.com: Sunex 3329 29 Piece 3/8-Inch Drive Standard and Deep Metric Master Impact Socket Set: Home Improvement

the others like torque wrench, non-impact sockets and ratchets, you can fine pretty much any autoparts or hardware store. i use primarily Facom ratchets, SnapOn torque wrenches, along with a variety of SK, GearWrench, Wiha, Wera, and Craftsman tools.

for doing the exhaust..dont forget this. lol your rubber hangers are stuck onto the hangers and this stuff makes it very easy to slip it out of the hangers.

they also started selling pen applicators which is a smart idea for doing small areas.

have fun modding!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Now seems like a good time for an update on the Z!

Old 08-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Kenchan! I'm back! No escaping the BC20! Come visit us too occasionally-K?!
Got some K&N filters from alcheng-excited! Pintsize said install is no prob-lol-we will see!
Your Fit is looking hot man!

Old 08-18-2012, 10:39 PM
mr.onzedge- usually when i buy these kinds of cars i do like to mod it to make it 'mine' quickly. it's been one week since i took delivery and i FINALLY feel like i bought the car i wanted. wish honda would just sell these cars in the RS trim here with everything included from the factory.

the other place... ive not deleted my profile and pictures and threads i made so i have not completely abandoned it. i just haven't visited there since the rude post by one of the mods there. and allowing some members to keep posting that should be permanently banned. place turned me off.

i do miss you guys so please invite them here if you'd like. basically my blog is about cars including Fits.

OH AND WE REP HERE TOO!
reps are the bezt! Mizz you in "the other" forum....you are right though-some mods are rude and immature- AK back soon-personal private messages may ensue...
Anyway-i miss you there-no prob seeing u here instead!

Old 08-19-2012, 08:55 AM
couple of handy tools i recommend when you do the mods ive done so far:

here is the ratchet i used on the front tower nut through the service hole.
if you can't buy the entire set, just get the 17mm ala carte.

Amazon.com: GearWrench 9901 12 Piece Metric Flex-Head Combination Ratcheting Wrench Set: Home Improvement

handy for working on endlinks and most suspension bits where you dont have room to fit a standard wrench nor socket as you need to hold the shaft with a hex key.

Amazon.com: SK Hand Tool 89450 75-Degree Offset Double Box Spline G-Pro Metric Wrench Set, 5-Piece: Home Improvement

my impact had plenty of torque to do the Fit's suspension. you will need more power to do other cars, but for most work it's good to have a 3/8 drive impact.

Amazon.com: Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2651-20 18-Volt M18 3/8-Inch Compact Impact Wrench with Ring (Tool Only, No Battery): Home Improvement

i use a metric impact socket set from Sunex... cheap and durable. dont forget adapters and wobbles.

Amazon.com: Sunex 3329 29 Piece 3/8-Inch Drive Standard and Deep Metric Master Impact Socket Set: Home Improvement

the others like torque wrench, non-impact sockets and ratchets, you can fine pretty much any autoparts or hardware store. i use primarily Facom ratchets, SnapOn torque wrenches, along with a variety of SK, GearWrench, Wiha, Wera, and Craftsman tools.

for doing the exhaust..dont forget this. lol your rubber hangers are stuck onto the hangers and this stuff makes it very easy to slip it out of the hangers.

they also started selling pen applicators which is a smart idea for doing small areas.

have fun modding!

Good Stuff, Mr. Kenchan.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Now seems like a good time for an update on the Z!
hahahaha. for the Z, i haven't done much lately after getting a new set of wheels earlier this summer and a new biggie type-r shift knob from TWM.

i still have my WEDS wheels and im thinking about getting new tires wrapped next season. currently it's running Continental DW's and they aren't bad, just not great. i'd like to have a tad more road feedback.

the TWM shift knob is fantastic. i run the regular type-r knob by TWM on my G. it's been great the last 7yrs with that knob. my G turned 8 the other day and now into her 9th year. still luv the car like the day i brought her home 8 yrs ago. i pulled her out for a nice drive today. i plan to keep her for another 2yrs and probably replace with a new Fiat500 Abarth. i hope by then fiat has all the bugs worked out.

i want something small next time around so that i can make room to put my kids bicycles and my future bike in the garage along with my Z. i also want to keep the wheel sets for my cars in the garage. right now there are 4 stacks in the basement taking up room. and i know for sure i will be getting more sets of wheels in the future.

Kenchan! I'm back! No escaping the BC20! Come visit us too occasionally-K?!
Got some K&N filters from alcheng-excited! Pintsize said install is no prob-lol-we will see!
Your Fit is looking hot man!
hi ms.blackcherry great to hear you got new drop-in's. those are great. i use them in my Z as well.

reps are the bezt! Mizz you in "the other" forum....you are right though-some mods are rude and immature- AK back soon-personal private messages may ensue...
Anyway-i miss you there-no prob seeing u here instead!
i shall log in later on in the week to see what AK has to say. AK's been real nice to me from the get go.

Good Stuff, Mr. Kenchan.
thanks, mr.onzedge!

the nissan dealer that blew off my offer for that juke i test drove has been calling me to come back. hahaha, too late! stupid him, i told him while i was there to tell his manager that my offer was final and will walk out if he doesn't take it right then and there. i gave him plenty of reasons why his boss should take my offer and i urged him to get his manager to sit in while we worked out the price. they must've thought i would come back or something. a big LOL

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?