General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
alcohol usually warms me up instead of cooling me down. hahahaha. hope you got some rest.

wife said she's got the GE washed today. great news. one less car to wash on the weekend. lol. i looked at the GE this am and it looked filthy...brown and all ikky. (should be white).

it's high 40F's and sunny today so not bad. hope to drive home again with the window cracked open. i like hearing my G's exhaust. otherwise no car action.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know what the high is supposed to be but the thermometer on the porch says it's 79 degrees right now... This isn't at all normal and has to be some kind of record... It's too warm for more than 1 beer today... I skipped out on having a drink last night and hit the sack at 4:30 AM... I'm glad I don't have a job because I wouldn't last long at anything.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, the weather has been really weird in Texas...this is the warmest winter I can remember. I'll probably be washing my car outside this weekend...in shorts.

Hopefully it's not a sign of how hot this summer will be, we had enough of that last year. We had a blizzard of a cold winter (at least by TX standards) followed by a record breaking hellish summer, so maybe this year it will be the opposite with a mild winter and a cool summer. There's probably no chance in hell that will happen.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
dang, that's warm! ... borderline hot.

wheew, just got back from a quick biz trip. the fog this am did not help with my flight...almost missed my connecting flight. lol.

anyway, im glad to be back. the crappy rental they gave us was like a boat ride from hell with its soft suspension. hahaha.

looks like snow this weekend for me so i guess i will clean the G again using the no-rinse wash. wish i could at least wash the salt out of the nooks and chassis...

while waiting for my flight was checking out picts i took of my cars last summer. can't wait for spring. i heard the darn groundhog saw (or didn't see) his shadow today..watever it was 4more weeks of winter.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
The most comfortable Texas summer I recall was in 1989.. It could possibly happen again but it isn't likely..

Old 02-03-2012, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
there was a winter like this year back 20yrs or so ago that i remember....perhaps that was 1989... it was warm enough i went out cycling with my buddies on xmas eve. hahahaha.

this am commute was pretty sad. not sure wtf these 2 idiots were thinking but they were racing each other or competing to get ahead of one another. i stayed far back trying not to get hit by them... yet i passed them doing speed limit eventually. lol

then one of them stuck to my arse a few moments after so i switched lanes and let him pass. another 2 blocks down again, i pass both of these idiots while doing speed limit. im not even trying to pass them...hell, i want to keep away from them. they just suck at driving or something. hahahaha.

TGIF! left work early today since i got back late yesterday from the trip. and bucket washed my G. wooot! she's clean again.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
drove the GE this am to run some errands. my head was in a cloud (alert, but not fully functional...lol) so it was kinda nice letting the car shift itself while i drove kinda slow.

finished the errands and just relaxing today. wife's been pretty busy running other errands today in the GE as well. im glad she got it washed the other day. too tired to wash the car today even though it's sunny and 36F.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
no car action today. looks like it's going to be winter temps again this week... about 15F at night time.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
morning commute was smooth. very light traffic. perhaps lots of folks hungover.

no car action today, just looking forward to my drive home. i need to start thinking about wat to get my wife for v-day...hummmm....

Old 02-07-2012, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
asked wife if there's something she'd like for v-day. she said that's a nice gesture and prefers i dont spend too much money on a gift. hummm... need to do some online shopping.

no car action today. little snow this am. no issue. looking forward to my drive home.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
stopped by the drug store tonight to pickup some cough drops for my kids... first time ever in 8yrs i parked my G at a drug store. lol. yah my car is old and may not monetarily be worth more than a used Fit, it's still a nice machine in my head and in like-new condition, not replaceable now in this condition since no longer built. hahaha.

that was the longest/scariest 6min i had spent in a while. lol came out scratch/ding/broken window free. wooot! i really need to get another car like the Fit for my daily tasks. this is rediculous.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
not much car action today, looking forward to my drive home.

i got another micro usb flash drive to use on my Z through amazon. it's by SanDisk called Fit 8GB or something... hahaha. and good reviews so hopefully this one will last longer than one year like the ebay one i bought.

the pioneer HU in my Z has the usb port on the front panel as i use it to charge my mobile from time to time.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
nnnnnnnn...... went to pickup my kid after school as i usually do in my G and the parking lot was PACKED.... i was like crap. usually there are barely any cars parked, just a few at curb side. even thought about asking my wife to swing by to pickup our kid in the GE. lol

a lady parked her huge suv next to my car and i was pretty sure i got a ding looking at how close she parked her car. but luckily no ding. was so frikken happy. hahaha

Old 02-09-2012, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
no car action today. hope to clean my car over the weekend again using no-rinse.

looks like winter's almost over looking at 40F's next week in the day time.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
woah, looks like my statement triggered snow. Lol. Will be a fun drive home i guess....

Old 02-10-2012, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
just got back home... was only about 2inches at most but the blowing snow made it a little deeper in some areas. overall no issue driving the G.

there were other FR cars like a few benz that were slipping and sliding especially while turning... you bought a $40K car, get some damn snow tires to go with it. lol or at least get their 4matic or watever their awd system is called.

looks like another round of light snow on monday....so no car cleaning this weekend.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
was 7F am no issue firing up the GE to run errands this am. not much car action today...been cleaning the house.

need to plan my mods for this season soon.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
I would happily buy a used car from you, Ken. You take such good care of them.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
I would happily buy a used car from you, Ken. You take such good care of them.
Hahaha, thanks.

Today had to run one more errand before supper so took the GE as usual. Some youngster douche in dad's large new Audi sedan stuck to my arse while I was doing speed limit with everyone else. He found an opening and blew past me and cut me off as he stuck a pass. I was like wow kiddo, you have a snot hanging from your nose. I just igonored him, switched lanes while coming up to traffic. Ended up passing him and 15+ cars while slowing down waaay below speed limit without even trying and left him in the dust. .

Old 02-12-2012, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
hey are rayban wayferer's still considered cool? i found mine from like 20yrs ago. hahaha. i cleaned it up real well and will use in my car. sun's starting to get in my eyes with later sunset.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?