General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
TGIF!!!

hey if the weekend holds up at high in the low 40F, im going to wash my G and GE using the good ol' washbucket method.

yesterday i got this new keyboard for my music stuff and while i wanted to support local stores there was no way in hell i would be able to fit the thing in my G. lol... it would fit fine in my GE with the 40 split on the rear seat, but too much of a hassle re-scheduling with the wife and taking care of the kids how to get the GE in the evening hours during the week. so OH WELL. hahahaha.

so for those local stores im sure they LUVS the Fit cause people can buy bluky stuff from them. they should offer more discounts for locals with Fits, or offer free delivery, imho! cause regardless of local or online, i will get wat i want. they loose business to people that have sport coupes by not offering us a smarter solution. hahaha.

i guess the good part is that the local UPS/FedEX always gets my business by deliverying stuff to me.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
this am while driving to work i passed by a body shop that was unloading like 5-6 cars off the tow trucks together. i bet it was a chain reaction accident nearby... the front and rear of the cars were smashed (not too bad) and you can sort of tell which car started it all. hahahaha. i bet the cars were just starting to accelerate from the light when the idiot hit them from behind. too bad it had to happen on a friday for them. hope they are all okay.

still looks like the temps are going to hold for Sat/Sun. will try to wash my G and GE and reinforce the sealants on them using PrimaHydro.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
uhhhh... not sure what the hell happened, but it's snowing this am so no car washing today. lol hahaha.

had to run some errands this am and took the GE. with its WS60 snow tires it drove through snow like nothing happened. while i absolutely hate its AT, the car did quite well at the stores. i like the very good visibility as it is so much easier to drive this car in tight spots (aka xmas shopping crazy parking lots) vs my G35C.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Great to hear! I'm anxious to drive in the snow with my snow tires! It snowed the day after I got my Fit and I drove about 40 miles on the stock all season and it wasn't too bad. I got my snow tires quite some time ago and of course it hasn't snowed since!

Old 12-18-2011, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Yah, snow tires are definitely worth the investment.

Washed my GE and G today using hose and bucket. Woohoo...!
So welcome to see the paint under the ikky film of dirt and salt.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
oh noes, more snow and freezing rain tomorrow. hahaha. oh well, at least my car's clean for one day.

this am saw a stock black 370Z base with base wheels. even that looked stunning on the streets while most cars out (including mine) are snow-prepped with ugly snow tire set. lol. a stock expensive looking benz coupe even looked like a boring normal person car next to the 370Z.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
looks like freezing rain this late afternoon for a nice slippery commute home... yikes.

tomorrow it's all rain again. man, can't wait until this week is frikken over (thurs).

Old 12-20-2011, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
i was checking out some online stores to buy coolant for my G and while the gallon jug costs only $10-11, freight is like $20 via UPS ending up at around $30-31. granted it can do 2 drain and fill since it's concentrated, i didnt feel like paying $30 for a gallon of coolant.

thinking i'd get a better price locally at my stealership, i hopped on over there only to find it was $27 with tax... lol so i saved a whoppin' $4. WTF, i should've just bought online and saved my time. hahaha.

but that wasn't the part that bothered me. while my G35C is scratchless, dentless, perfect condition other than a few very tiny chips on the front bumper it's a 7.5yr old car. and that made me feel poor while at the infiniti dealer. like im driving a 2nd or 3rd hand 'used' car. lol im the original owner btw... some kind of psychology mind control thing going on at those places. hahaha. j/k actually, it's the factory 18 wheels with snow tires that is making my car feel like that. put my SSR's back on with those grippy S04's and she's a different animal.

but i did like the fact that everyone including the receptionist and cashier were well dressed, attractive, and well mannered like you'd expect from a dealer that sells cars with some prestige.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
2 more round trip commutes, a fillup, and im going to put away my G until first week of Jan. hahaha. which means im going to be driving my GE as much as needed.

this am, for the first time after a month, i peeled up the car cover on my Z. i needed to grab something from the trunk.

over the holiday im going to check out my service manual on the Z on how to replace the faulty steering-lock assembly on my build. GT-R's had the same problems and now the early model Z's are experiencing the same issues.

also got a new shift knob from PasswordJDM (very new from their latest lineup) so going to try that as well. im not sure yet if i'd replace the titanium nismo knob i have in my Z for good, but will see how the new one feels.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Gotz my G gas, one more trip to the hair place and my G is done for the year.

I may wash it again this weekend if temp holds... or just do SprayOnCarWash again.

Happy Holidays !

Old 12-24-2011, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
no car action this weekend but looks like it's going to be above 40F on monday. looking forward to that... hoping to get some work done.

hope you guys have a nice holiday weekend.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Woot, worked on my Z yesterday and washed my G and GE. Even took the Z out for a quick spin
Filled her up again and put her in hibernation.

Today running errands in the GE.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
No car action today but got a lot of things done at home.

Tomorrow taking out the GE again to run more errands. Will be stopping by Sears to pickup some tools.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
... nor not... wife took the GE to work today. lol hahaha.

this am i did a quick spot wipe down on the G since i saw a few water spots from the bucket wash i did a couple of days ago.

i guess i will go shopping tomorrow to my local sears for tools. want to get a couple of spare sockets to keep in my car and will look for a few plier type tools.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
took the GE to the mall today with the kids and wife. got new tools today. actually just a spare socket and a couple of accessory bits for my 18v cordless driver.

did some other shopping for the kids as well, shoes and some clothes. wow local stores suck. online shopping FTW! the stores we went to today the clerks were just too damn stupid and slow. just got tired waiting for our turn after waiting in line for 20-30min with barely any movement. we decided to abandon our shopping cart and moved onto the next store cause things they sold, we can buy online with no waiting... and probably even at a lower price. local store managers need to push harder if they want to compete.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
No car action today. I've not even stepped outside.

Have a happy new year!

Old 01-01-2012, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Happy new year!

Old 01-02-2012, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
added coolant in my G this am. unlike honda's bottled coolant nissan's is concentrated so used my water bottle to mix 50/50 with distilled water. had to add a decent amount as my reserve was at low.

going to do a full drain and fill come spring time and will check water level in the battery as well since i will be opening a fresh gallon jug of distilled water anyway.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
was 12F this am.... cold... temps are now around 24-25F. wheew. hygrometer at home was at 30% so started running our humidifier. winter is here...!

im happy to notice that i can tell that the sun is setting now a tad later than before (duh, past 12/21). this is encouragement that winter is almost(?) over!

Old 01-04-2012, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
dang, we're almost at 40F again today. weather is crazy warm this winter.

i hope snow doesnt get dumped on us... i have a feeling this is like the calm before a huge crazy storm come next 3-4wks. yikes. if weather holds to the weekend i guess will bucket wash my G and GE again.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?