General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
woot, the drive this am to work was nice. finally my G feels like she should. the S04's stick like glue in the rain.

going to give her a wash maybe tonight or tomorrow depending on weather this week.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
with DLS i was able to wash my car before sundown last night. woot!

will get more rain later this week but oh well. i have more cleaning supplies coming to me from Griot'sGarage.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
washed my garage floor this evening and also did some spring cleaning inside the garage. organized my shelves and tool case to make room for the new tools. was able to make more space so i guess i have some more room for more tools. wooot!

so i got all my car and tool bits today. will be getting some remaining Griot's supplies tomorrow, it looks like. perfect timing cause it's going to be in the 70F's this weekend. im going to wash my GE and fully clean the interior.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
woot, got my Griot's stuff today. now i am all set for Spring.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
nice day out and motored my Z. dont have time to swap the GE's wheels today..wife's taking the car out on errands all pm. so will probably work on that tomorrow or maybe next week sometime during the week.

got some gas on the way home to freshen up watever's left in the tank since pre-hibernation. by next fill i should be able to get rid of most of the old gas.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
motored my z this am again and did a full QD afterwards. was a good drive.

got rain this week so will postpone the GE's wash until next weekend. i will try to get the snows off this week... excessive wear during warmer temps and i need to lower psi.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
rain later on today... hope it's dry on the way home.

GE needs a wash and some TLC for sure. going to attack that hopefully this coming weekend after swapping the wheels sets. my kids help me wash the rubber floor mats usually and coat them with Prima Nero dilluted 50/50 with water. it's a water based dressing which dries matte. makes the floor mat look like new without being greasy like armorall crap.

i frikken hate armorall.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
drive home in my G was nice. 70F and sunny. lots of cheap cars going fast for some reason...better than slow i guess just as long as they dont crash. not sure wat's so fun about going fast in rush hour traffic though. just a waste of gas and brake pad being the first one at the next light...and im sure they're the folks that complain about gas prices too in their chevy cruize or kia or equivalent.

i cruise normally. just the kinda guy i am. why rush a great thing?

Old 03-20-2012, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
added a new shoe rack in my utility room to house my pilot's and other shoes.

i noticed more and more shoes are offered with rounded heels. even this casual shoes i got from nordstrom the other week (leather casual) has rounded heel so i can use as my driving shoes. very cool. im not much of a shoe collector so just thought that was cool. maybe this has been going on for decades. who knowz. lol

looking forward to my drive home.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
it's been real nice out the last 4 days... but cold front on the way with t-storms expected...but at least slightly cooler temps. was 80F+ today and for me, when the sun is strong it's too hot. well, not inside my G, but in the GE it's kinda hot.

with the cooler temps i think i can easily do the GE wheel swap maybe on sat.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
Another nice day out.... not sure where the t-storms went. my car needs a wash to rid the dust soon... the GE looked filthy. definitely needs a wash this weekend.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
Rained just enough to dirty the car. Sucks. Oh well.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
more rain today....and even better new (sarcasm ofcourse) got road construction starting next week on part of the commute. crap. my car's never going to be clean for the next 2months minimum. fak. oh well, so it goes.

TGIF!

Old 03-24-2012, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
woot, washed the GE today, swapped to summers, cleaned the interior, etc. looks kinda like new. hahaha. really need to put some sealant on the paint. it neither sheeted or beaded water. was like a typical non-car person car...aka my wife. hahaha.
temp were too low today to do the polymer app.

also washed my G as well. did a lot of home improvement projects today. going to start off tomorrow motoring my Z.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
Perfect day out to be motoring. 60F and sunny almost no wind. had a good time.
Going to bring down the GE's snows to storage in a couple of min. Need to stop by the store to buy some faux plants to place in the living room.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
hummmm... my wife took the GE this pm and hasn't come back yet so i guess i will hunt for faux plants next time. lol she's out at some art store with the kids and they must have found some fun projects to work on or something. with my wife a 'quick stop at the store' could turn into a 3hr shopping spree. hahaha. i dont care, really. she deserves to have fun.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
anyway my wife came home with one of the faux plants we wanted so that was cool of her.

no car action this week.... probably need to wash the cars this coming weekend as more rain is expected. and with construction starting near work my G will be a mess.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
so yesterday i worked on replacing my z's intake clamps from worm type to t-bolt. looks good. not that it's a huge deal but i was able to check my MAF and throttle body for any sign of oil from the K&N filter, etc so that was good. (no sign ).

it's been pretty dry the last few days so my GE's looking pretty good so far. expecting rain tomorrow so will have to wash it again on the weekend. i re-torqued the lugs twice and will retorque again over the weekend to be sure. it's backed out just a smidge.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
looking forward to motoring my Z tomorrow. hopefully weather cooperates.

the commute this am was kinda crappy with all this spring-break traffic heading towards the city but at least i didnt have to take my G today. took the GE since i had to park at a public garage. some of those ramps are steep. no issue on the GE, but not sure with my lowered G.

TGIF! can't wait to finish off some of my last paper work and head home.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
motored my Z this am. also did some maintenance on my garage door. every spring i pull both cars out of the garage and wd40 all hinges and the large pully springs. per the garage technician, just doing this every year can extend the life of garage doors, openers, and springs considerably. i also check torque on all nuts/bolts (not sure of torque rating, but i just use my small 1/4 drive and turn until snug) and inspect each caster/roller for wear.

and i use some white lithium grease on the vertical part of the rails. this ensures that the casters slide if they start to break apart and relieves burden on the opener so that i can get replacements in the mean time.

looks like rain tomorrow so i will clean my Z's wheels.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?