Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Kendall Honda Eugene, OR

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Thumbs down Kendall Honda Eugene, OR

I went in to test drive a new Fit today. I was already pretty much sold on it, but wanted to drive it to be sure. Took it for a spin, totally love it. So I tell the salesguy that I want to order one and put down a deposit.

First off, they say they want $1000 over MSRP. I start to bring up that "wow thats more than everybody else" but he looks in the little notebook and sees $17730 for a 5MT sport. He asks the other guy "Is this with the $1000?" The guy says "yes". So know I know I'm dealing with a 'tard.

So we go thru all the paperwork and its time to pay a deposit. I ask what the minimum deposit is, he says "We usually do $1000." I said WHAT!? kinda loud and he replies "well, we can do $500 if you can't do $1000."
I told him that about a month ago, I spoke to another salesman who said that we can do as little as $50 for a deposit. This guy just kind of looked at me like I was from Mars.

He disappears for a minute and comes back - "well, we're putting in an order next Friday, so if you can get in a deposit by then..."
I said ok (whatever) took his card and left.

I bought my 08 Civic from them, and they were douches. They continue to be douches, even though this guy is quite aware of how much money they COULD make off of me.

To Hell with Kendall Honda; I'll drive to Portland.
Any Oregonians have any good Honda dealerships to share?

Old 09-11-2008, 11:01 PM
bummed

I was bummed reading your post. As a state Oregon was cool as hell (unless you went over the cascades and headed east, don't do that) and Eugene in particular was extra cool. A college town like college towns are supposed to be. Go to portland but never leave Oregon, that place is cool. Sorry about the dealerships. I'm sticking with the theory that there are cool people and DICKS every where you go it's only the ratio that varies. Oregon has LOTS of cool people!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love Oregon and Eugene, but the people at this dealership are kind of @$$holes. I do love being an hour and a half from any type of terrain you can think of - desert, ocean, mountains, ski slopes..

Old 09-12-2008, 12:26 AM
coolness factor

Originally Posted by iommichild
Don't get me wrong, I love Oregon and Eugene, but the people at this dealership are kind of @$$holes. I do love being an hour and a half from any type of terrain you can think of - desert, ocean, mountains, ski slopes..
In America it may be the coolest state if you love OPTIONS. Unfortunately when the "coolness factor" gets higher then usually so does every aspect of the cost of living including car prices. If you came to Missouri, and it's not that bad, rent is low, grocery prices are relatively low, car prices are low but if you want to see a cool concert or buy state of the art merchandise prepare to go online. Oregon is cool without a doubt but that might well mean a stiff markup over MSRP (the coolness quotient). Stay there it's worth it!