Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Holtz Honda Rochester NY

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down Holtz Honda Rochester NY

I had to leave NY to buy a Fit. That being said, when I bought them they were brand new and in high demand. Neither Holtz nor Dick Ide could seem to get one for me at all in any semblance (months) of reasonable time ... but again, they were high-demand.

I ended up taking it to Holtz for several services. At first (under warranty), they were fine. Neither good nor bad. I quickly outpaced the warranty and then began to do my own service. Once they changed the oil even though I asked them not to, putting regular instead of synthetic back into the car, they charging me for it. I went to their collision center when something almost lodged under my car on 490. They took a while, but got the job done. Unfortunately, this was winter, and when summer rolled around, something was wrong (the system was EMPTY), but said it wasn't their fault, there must be a leak. It took more than a year and a half of taking it back in to have them test for the leak, look for the leak, refill it with UV-friendly refrigerant, etc... before they finally determined they had replaced my compressor with a defective one.

They swapped out the defective one and tried to charge me. This saga had gotten old by then. I got the regional manager involved and he expressed "regret" which meant nothing, and then when I tried to get some sort of compensation for the poor service, my time, and my troubles, he offered 10% off of a hood protector. (I had also pointed out that my Fit was chipping on the hood, but no other fit I had noticed was, and I had 'sold' several of my friends on Fits.)

The icing on the cake is that they didn't even refill the system once they had exchanged the defective compressor. I know this because the following summer (the offered discount was in February) I took a roadtrip across the country ... with air conditioning. I learned just how hot the mid-west is in August. When I returned and asked them to check the system, they told me it was empty. They then proceeded to check the system for weeks, but could not find a leak - except this time, the system was HOLDING the refrigerant and not leaking ... leading me (and one of the service personnel with whom I was now on a first name basis) to the conclusion that the compressor must have indeed been the issue, and that they must simply not have refilled it when they finally did put a good compressor on there.

Avoid, avoid, AVOID!!!!!!
(The only reason I kept going back was that they had done the work in the first place, and I was not about to go pay someone else to fix their error.)

Old 07-19-2013, 11:28 PM
report then to Honda. only way to make them improve themselves

Old 10-17-2013, 03:16 AM
Yeah, you might wanna call the Honda about it.