Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

DOUBLE CLICK problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member
Claymore,

I don't have the problem you've described on my home computer so these may be of limited help but try:

DoubleClick.com || Privacy - Opting Out
DoubleClick.com || Privacy - Dart Ad Serving
and
DoubleClick.com || Privacy

These links will at least let you opt out from doubleclick snooping.

It would also help if you posted your configuration (browser, security software, OS etc.) and versions.

I have seen this behavior on my work blackberry. The firewall controls on my work internet connection are much stronger than at home and the ads are actually blocked on the blackberry. It may be that your security is too strong and by blocking any input from doubleclick, you are forcing the browser to try fill a new request to the doubleclick servers when you hit the 'back button' rather than reloading the old request from memory. Indicate if you've made attempts to completely block doubleclick connections on your firewall or used some type of browser add-on or third party software to block all doubleclick traffic.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned
Outstanding advice thanks. I had blocked all doubleclick cookies in IE7 but then went back to letting them in and still have the same thing blocked or unblocked in IE7 internet option under the privacy tab now nothing is blocked set at medium (all default settings).

I'm running IE7 with all updates, XP home with SP2 and all updates, Zonealarm firewall with microsoft one turned off and AVG 8.0 for virus scan, windows defender for other scans, Kaspersky labs for total system scans, trendmicroscan, etc. No viruses, no trojans no problems, except this one on FF.

I tried your links and guess what they all come back as "Internet explorer can not display the webpage". I think you have hit on the problem users outside the states are being blocked some how by doubleclick and it makes repeated attempts to connect.

I do NOT have any programs that block cookies or doubleclick specifically just normal IE7 with all settings to default, not too high most on medium.

If you can reach those sites and I can't I think that is the problem for some reason the way this page is set up doubleclick isn't working right or they are blocking the adds for whatever reason to addresses out of the USA. thanks for the help