1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

USDM Front bumper options

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 02:55 PM
USDM Front bumper options

...So, after salivating over how adorable, aerodynamic, and just Right the JDM/EDM bumper looks (this one https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8a/bd...12692167a9.jpg) I did some research, and quickly realized that apparently you can't just run out there, holla at a dude on ebay, get one and slap it onto your USDM fit - instead it's a whole front end conversion. Thanks to @slowandsteady for making a much more detailed inquiry into this matter before on this forum, the responses to his question were quite informative.

And so this brings me to you guys, My question is - what Bumper options we have here in US, that don't require any other mods - just bolt the new one on and go? We obviously have the stock USDM bumper with the continuous horizontal mouth, that's one. And then there's one just like it but with two oval foglights (i'm guessing that's a Fit Sport bumper?).

The reason why I'm asking is that I am about to purchase a used Fit - going to pick it up in 2 hours. As part of the deal the seller is offering to replace the curb-damaged stock front bumper at a mechanic's rate in a nearby bodyshop, and says that this is a good oportunity to throw on any bumper you want, although it might cost you extra time and money if it's rare or coming from overseas. The bumper will be replaced and painted to match the car. I'm hesitant to ask for anything except stock, or maybe the one with the little foglights, because I don't know if anything else will (pardon the awful pun but..) FIT.

what do you all think?
much obliged,

----------------------------
0l0id