1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Honda Fit Jerk -CKP Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 04:53 AM
Honda Fit Jerk -CKP Sensor

Hi Everyone,

Long time reader first time poster.

I have recently started experiencing sudden jerks while driving my Jazz. When they happen the revs don't drop and feels like car will stall. Most common time it happens is when I change from 1st to 2nd gear and few sec after it happens (between 2000 to 2500 rpm).
Also happens while in 3rd and 4th gear but not as often.

The other day the ECU had a code P0339 - CKP sensor Circuit intermittent interruption.

I replaced the sensor but problem is still there.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue and if so how did you overcome it? Are there any other things you suggest to check/test?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Old 04-30-2022, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by spikestar
Hi Everyone,

Long time reader first time poster.

I have recently started experiencing sudden jerks while driving my Jazz. When they happen the revs don't drop and feels like car will stall. Most common time it happens is when I change from 1st to 2nd gear and few sec after it happens (between 2000 to 2500 rpm).
Also happens while in 3rd and 4th gear but not as often.

The other day the ECU had a code P0339 - CKP sensor Circuit intermittent interruption.

I replaced the sensor but problem is still there.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue and if so how did you overcome it? Are there any other things you suggest to check/test?

Your help is very much appreciated.
Did you find a solution for this? I've got the exact same problem.
cheers

Old 04-30-2022, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Honda JP
Did you find a solution for this? I've got the exact same problem.
cheers
The issue was worn sparkplugs. I also replaced exhaust side coil packs because they can also cause the same issue. Hope this helps

Old 05-05-2022, 02:32 AM
Worn plugs/coils often seem to be implicated in crankshaft position sensing issues on these. The CKP wiring runs right next to the ignition coil wiring and can apparently pick up interference, and the presence of 8 coils and (not very long-life) plugs on the i-DSI engines is a surprise to some owners and mechanics! This page on Springbok Photography suggests opening the wiring harness and rerouting the CKP wires to increase the distance from the coil wires. I've done it to my GD1 as a precaution.

Old 05-05-2022, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
Awesome discovery guys. Thank you very much.

Old 05-14-2022, 05:28 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by spikestar
The issue was worn sparkplugs. I also replaced exhaust side coil packs because they can also cause the same issue. Hope this helps
Amazing! Thanks so much for the reply.
Got a new set fitted and it seems to have completly fixed the problem.
Thanks again
JP

Old 05-14-2022, 05:30 PM
I will look into this if it starts again.
So far just replacing the sparkplugs seems to have done the trick!
Cheers
JP

Old 08-21-2023, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by screwtop
Worn plugs/coils often seem to be implicated in crankshaft position sensing issues on these. The CKP wiring runs right next to the ignition coil wiring and can apparently pick up interference, and the presence of 8 coils and (not very long-life) plugs on the i-DSI engines is a surprise to some owners and mechanics! This page on Springbok Photography suggests opening the wiring harness and rerouting the CKP wires to increase the distance from the coil wires. I've done it to my GD1 as a precaution.
Can you please tell me that from where i separate the sensor wires?just from the coils area or from thoroughly to ECU?

Old 08-31-2023, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by Zaif
Can you please tell me that from where i separate the sensor wires?just from the coils area or from thoroughly to ECU?
I believe just from the area near the coils. But it might be worth checking the wiring integrity between the sensor and the ECU, in case there's something broken or corroded. I'll keep an eye on your other thread for updates...good luck!

Old 09-02-2023, 03:18 AM
Originally Posted by screwtop
I believe just from the area near the coils. But it might be worth checking the wiring integrity between the sensor and the ECU, in case there's something broken or corroded. I'll keep an eye on your other thread for updates...good luck!
Okay, so i rerouted the CKP wires from just the Coils area and also changed the CKP sensor too as a safe side, so far so good. But I've one question, when on slope, the car struggles too much by full gas pedal, i mean the car is not quick responsive Why?