1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Window issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 03:12 PM
Window issue

Well the last two weeks have been wonderful... anyways my driver door window decided to drop all the way down and possibly something broke on the way. Does anyone know of a location of a manual for the Fit Sport 07 or at least give me an idea on how to get into it so I can at least get the window back up and stay up?

Old 10-12-2021, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CapMReynolds
Well the last two weeks have been wonderful... anyways my driver door window decided to drop all the way down and possibly something broke on the way. Does anyone know of a location of a manual for the Fit Sport 07 or at least give me an idea on how to get into it so I can at least get the window back up and stay up?
Might want to take a look at
. It's for replacing the driver's side window regulator (which may or may not be your problem), but it'll at least give you access to the parts and pieces you'll need to work on.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:27 PM
Thank you, I will look at that and see what I can find the part that sounded like it snapped.

Also I have learned from this forum that this model turns on and off the AC periodically by design... i thought it was an issue with the car... so word to the wise... don't have a small black fit if you live in Phoenix.... the AC will not compete against the 100oF+ weather... lol

Old 10-14-2021, 09:39 PM
Found the snap

It wasn’t bad at all to get to it. I really appreciate the link!

here is the assembly

I guess I need the whole thing? Or can I save the motor?

Old 10-14-2021, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
I guess I need the whole thing? Or can I save the motor?
You can buy just the regulator minus the motor from Rockauto. About $40 for the Aisin (which is excellent quality -- probably the OEM manufacturer). OTOH, the regulator assembly + motor is only about $60 for the Aisin. Unless I was pinching pennies until they screamed, I'd spend the extra $20 and make sure I wouldn't have to touch that assembly again.

BTW, the driver's door assembly is the "left front" one.

Old 10-14-2021, 10:28 PM
Yeah I would spend the extra not to mess with the rest, but at least I will have a used motor if i ever need it for some reason. lol

I found Dorman on Amazon that has it for about the same price. Is that a good brand?

Old 10-14-2021, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I would spend the extra not to mess with the rest, but at least I will have a used motor if i ever need it for some reason. lol

I found Dorman on Amazon that has it for about the same price. Is that a good brand?
Aisin is as good as OEM. Dorman tends to be hit or miss. If they were even close to the same price, I'd go Aisin. The Rockauto forum over on Toyotanation (https://www.toyotanation.com/forums/rockauto.203) tends to have some discount codes for Rockauto. Usually not great ones, but enough to pay shipping, if nothing else.

Old 10-14-2021, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by hill8570
Aisin is as good as OEM. Dorman tends to be hit or miss. If they were even close to the same price, I'd go Aisin. The Rockauto forum over on Toyotanation (https://www.toyotanation.com/forums/rockauto.203) tends to have some discount codes for Rockauto. Usually not great ones, but enough to pay shipping, if nothing else.
Thanks for the link. It paid for taxes... it's as good than nothing. Will have to wait until at least Fri 22nd.. :/