1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

need help...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
need help...

whats up fitfreakers...i got a simple question to ask you guys. after i got into my car accident couple of months ago now, they did an awesome job with the car but i went for the inspection today and i found something very interesting. the driver side axle is loose and rattling like crazy like when i drive the car if i go pass 70 the car wont shake but below 70 its shaking. now the guy didnt fail me for the inspection he told me to get it fixed. now i got the lifetime warranty from the place i got my car repaired im thinking of going back and let them repaired now the other thing is are they going to charge me eventhough i got the life time warranty on the car... and next week is honda day i really want to run my car down the track or is it a lot cheaper to get the axle then have them put it in ?

Old 09-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Formerly "bitoy"
5 Year Member
that depends what kind warranty they cover you on, is it just parts or just labor or both? and is your warranty in paper see if it covers both. and if it's the case then I would suggest having them repair it and ask them how long it would take and dont mention to them about you planning on running your car on the track they might void the warranty.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
no they shouldnt charge you for the repair that they didn't fix. Take it back to them. Did the guy say that the axle is broken or something is mis-aligned. To me, it seems like something is mis-aligned with the subframe or the suspension system. If the axle was going bad, you would feel a popping when u turn the wheel or when u were to accelerate. When u have lifetime warranty, that means you shouldn't have to pay for any repairs, but maintenance is a different story.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Does your lifetime warranty cover accidents? If that's when the axle problem started, I would think it is an insurance issue as to who pays for it. I never heard of a lifetime warranty that covered accidental damage.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
the warranty is from the collision place and they replace pretty much all OEM parts from my car... dont worry i wont mention my car will be running at the track
im going to go on monday and see what the deal is...

Old 09-20-2008, 07:21 PM
They should repair the damaged axle free of charge. If your insurance paid them, then I'm sure they have some agreement with your insurance company to keep their customers happy, so they should be bound by some contract to repair any defects in their workmanship. Even though the repair was done 2 months ago, that workmanship should still be covered. If not, contact your insurance company. I find it interesting that the inspector let you go with such noticeable damage to your vehicle, that could be dangerous to you and your fit.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:21 PM
wow! I just noticed how many posts you got! Here goes #13 for me!

Old 09-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I would definitely address the issue with them and have them to do the repair under their warranty. Hope you can get it fixed and get that Fit on the track! Good luck with your run.

Cat :x

Old 09-21-2008, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
I would definitely address the issue with them and have them to do the repair under their warranty. Hope you can get it fixed and get that Fit on the track! Good luck with your run.

Cat :x
thanx dude... im def going on monday and see what they say !!! dude im dying to run on the track to see my time for the first time.