1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

So who HASN'T finished their GD 01-08 mods yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
texas coyote, sad to see you will live your long life and at the end say "wow, i was boring"

live your life while you have it. do what you want that will make you die a happy person. If i saved every damn penny, sure i would have a little more money than i have now, but boy would i regret not having fun with what i love when i had the chance. LIVE
Hey, gimme, I am not through yet. I'm limited as to what I can do with my money, and also hampered by physical problems from a life of hard living. I've worn out or destroyed, more cars, motorcycles and women, than most guys on this forum have worn out socks. It all has taken its toll, and I am saying that there are things that I would have done differently if I had my head on right when I was younger. Not a whole lot differently though. I would have opted out of joining the Marines, and doing the Vietnam thing for sure though. Making things with wheels go faster has always been, and will be my drug of choice, and it can be as addictive and costly as heroin.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
The young ones think they will always be young

and healthy. I'm just 51, but I don't believe I will always have the capabilities I have now. Everyone gets older, or dies, no one gets out of here alive. Two approaches to that: Live hard, die hard OR live kindly and smart, and put your real estate into the next world. Young'uns tend to go with the first one, but then you grow up, get married, have a kid and learn some stuff about life...that YOU are not the center of the universe, that kids need real parents, that all you really have is your health.

Not to get all maudlin or anything. Wisdom is a great thing, but I wish I still had good knees too.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
51? You are a youngster. When I was 51, I had a girlfriend that was 32, and I was playing blues harp in a hard rock band. It is a terrible thing, having the desire to get out and boogie, and a body that won't let you. Old age happens very, very, fast when you spend your life in the fast lane.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Yes that is true but if u take care of urself when u are young and keep in shape and don't live ur life fast than i am sure at a old age the body will hold up. Inless for some that get a wierd sickness. But i belive that are bodys shows how we lived when we were young at a later time when we are much older. That is why i belive that i will be a old man that is in just as good shape as a young man. I may be young but i am a marine and have been in this new war, and have learned a couple things from it all. Don't live in the past or the future to much but the present. Live life to what u belive is the fullest. I keep in good shape eat right, no fast food for me. And i love fast cars it use to be my drug still is in a way. But i know i need to save now if i want to retire at a yong age and i want my family to have everything they want in life with in a means. But this has nothing to do with the topic at hand so i will stop ranting on about life and all as i am way to young to know somethings but i know more than most

Old 11-11-2008, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
08fithappy, THANK YOU for your service!!!! I'd hug you if I could! Thanks for giving so much up to serve this country. Yes, you can live longer and be healthier if you make the right choices. Of course, accidents and the unexpected can still happen, but you can keep some things away. Depending on your family history, too...If all the men in your family have had heart attacks at age 45-50, you'd better start having yearly heart checks when you're 35, you know? Living in the present is great, if it means you don't carry all the worry and stress from past events forward into the present. If it means you act crazy, speed, drink too much, take drugs, act a fool, and take risks, then "living in the moment" isn't as smart.

And BTW, why DID you get rid of an Evo and a Cobra for a Fit??? I just saw a Saleen Mustang yesterday and when it started up, I thought I was going to fall over in a faint or wet myself. Geewhiz, what a motor it had. Scissor doors. The whole package. mmmmmm....

I've already told my older son that when I get old and ready to die, I want him to rent a Ferrari or something, load me into it, and take me for the fastest ride ever. I would love to go out of this world going FAST...and they don't let old, dying folks get onto roller coasters...of course I could go suddenly and never get the chance...so I try to have fun every day.

Last edited by Juliane; 11-11-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks alot for that it means alot to me. That is why i do what i do is for everyone else to enjoy life. Yea i want to do the same rent some type of exotic fast car some day. But on the Evo and Cobra i sold the cobra to mod the Evo more, stupid me i was young. The Evo i was back and forth on selling it was costing me an arm and leg to insure,gas and maintian. And it caused me the wrong kind of attention, had all the tires slashed the car keyed and alot of pulling over by cops.The weekend before i moved from San Diego i crashed it not driving fast going 55mph and my tires were bald and going on a sharp turn hit a dip in the road and bam i am in the wall at the median. So i needed a new car. I was looking around thought about buying another evo than thought i would save some money and buy a house here. So i looked at good cars that were cheap that way i could afford to buy a house in the next year. Now i am not sure if i want to buy a house do to i will only be here for 3 years than to a new base. So i am not sure if i could sell or rent the house out once i am about to leave. Now i wounder if i should get the car i wanted do to me not buying a house. I am looking at evos,s2000,cobra,srt8,sti. But i really don't want to loose money on the fit i just bought. I might still just buy a house they are really cheap here right now. And i am in a good postion to be able to afford one at such a young age or a nice car. But for some reason i think my money would be better spent on a house than on a car that only goes down in value each year.

Originally Posted by Juliane
08fithappy, THANK YOU for your service!!!! I'd hug you if I could! Thanks for giving so much up to serve this country. Yes, you can live longer and be healthier if you make the right choices. Of course, accidents and the unexpected can still happen, but you can keep some things away. Depending on your family history, too...If all the men in your family have had heart attacks at age 45-50, you'd better start having yearly heart checks when you're 35, you know? Living in the present is great, if it means you don't carry all the worry and stress from past events forward into the present. If it means you act crazy, speed, drink too much, take drugs, act a fool, and take risks, then "living in the moment" isn't as smart.

And BTW, why DID you get rid of an Evo and a Cobra for a Fit??? I just saw a Saleen Mustang yesterday and when it started up, I thought I was going to fall over in a faint or wet myself. Geewhiz, what a motor it had. Scissor doors. The whole package. mmmmmm....

I've already told my older son that when I get old and ready to die, I want him to rent a Ferrari or something, load me into it, and take me for the fastest ride ever. I would love to go out of this world going FAST...and they don't let old, dying folks get onto roller coasters...of course I could go suddenly and never get the chance...so I try to have fun every day.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
oh yea i was only 21 owning both the cobra and the Evo and living next to qualcom stadium in San Diego. It was cool because on Fridays they had races there and i would bring my cars it was only a block away i could walk there if i wanted. I know how to mange my money well i guess.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
i guess i still ahve a long way on my list as in performance wise.. i think im almost done with my looks maybe jsut need to paint my oem hood and my fog covers black and then after that jsut the performance parts like.... Spoon: intake header exhaust(pipe b to muffler) torque damper... other than that hmm.. alot more rims in the future =)

p.s
i think i still have alot for to add but thats the only thing i can think of as of now =P plus i might jsut still add more on my list in the future =)

Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Just getting started. Picked up an '07 VBP Sport AT on Saturday. What a fun little car! Reminds me a lot of my '84 Civic Hatchback. I've ordered up a few of the little blue gewgaws from Honda for the interior. After that, I ordered a set of Eibach pro-kit springs and some Yoko S.drives to replace the Dunlops.

I'll let the spring/tire mod settle in before deciding what to do next.

Before this, my daily driver was a 1988 BMW M5. I still have it, but it's becoming a restoration project.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by winkydink
Just getting started. Picked up an '07 VBP Sport AT on Saturday. What a fun little car! Reminds me a lot of my '84 Civic Hatchback. I've ordered up a few of the little blue gewgaws from Honda for the interior. After that, I ordered a set of Eibach pro-kit springs and some Yoko S.drives to replace the Dunlops.

Before this, my daily driver was a 1988 BMW M5. I still have it, but it's becoming a restoration project.
How many miles on your '07? Aren't they just fun to drive, though? Yeah, a lot of people compare them to the Civic hatches. Welcome! We all love our cars, whether they are the 07 and 08 model, or the new 09 remodel.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by winkydink

Welcome to the forums Wow, '88 M5 as a daily, huh? Glad you went the fit route! My daily used to be a '97 M3, but now it's becoming my race project

Old 11-18-2008, 09:28 AM
i just got my NHBP fit 5sp M/T 3 months ago, and i still have long way to go because im still in 4th year in high but its all gonna come after i graduate hee hee..cant wait!
the goodies i have so far:
*jdm "fit" emblem (red dot)stickd it on the right side
*PWJDM CF manifold cover
*NRG CF shift knob (planning on chaging it to spoon duracon)
*smoked/red jdm tail lights replicas
*factory tint dark
*jdm red hazard switch
and SKUNK2 lowering springs(still havent installed them yet bacause im scared that the car might be really bouncy and might blow the shocks?struts? the reason why is because im a runner for a company and i drive evryday.)
FUTURE MODS:
SPOON N1 exhaust (ill buy it when my friend buys my R/C drift car)
SPOON strut bar
SPOON oil cap
SPOON radiator cap
SPOON engine damper
SPOON resevoir cover
J's RACING c-pillar
J's RACING rear strut bar
PWJDM power chamber intake
TEIN coil-over
RIMS ofcourse
JDM conversion and more.. hehehe

Old 11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Juliane
How many miles on your '07? Aren't they just fun to drive, though? Yeah, a lot of people compare them to the Civic hatches. Welcome! We all love our cars, whether they are the 07 and 08 model, or the new 09 remodel.
15k miles on the '07. Oh, I added the Progress sway bar to the list last night. I figured since I'm under there messing with the springs...

Last edited by winkydink; 11-18-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
2 more things to go~~ Coilovers, and rear disc conversion~!~ but with Xmas coming... I guess i will not have the money for them until '09.... sigh

Old 11-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Hey, gimme, I am not through yet. I'm limited as to what I can do with my money, and also hampered by physical problems from a life of hard living. I've worn out or destroyed, more cars, motorcycles and women, than most guys on this forum have worn out socks. It all has taken its toll, and I am saying that there are things that I would have done differently if I had my head on right when I was younger. Not a whole lot differently though. I would have opted out of joining the Marines, and doing the Vietnam thing for sure though. Making things with wheels go faster has always been, and will be my drug of choice, and it can be as addictive and costly as heroin.

well put, can't argue with that

Old 11-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Guinness
2 more things to go~~ Coilovers, and rear disc conversion~!~ but with Xmas coming... I guess i will not have the money for them until '09.... sigh
is that your fit in your sig picture?

Old 11-19-2008, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by silverbulletfit
is that your fit in your sig picture?
The person you see on the passenger seat is my gf =D

And the avatar is actually me... I figured that no one puts their real photo anyway so why not =P