1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Damaeged Axel in offroad accident, less thna a day to start things out...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
Yet another extension... there seems to be one more thing they needed to do, and now it looks like I'm getting an almighty paint job done on my vehicle. Not sure where and why though since I didn't want my bumpers replaced or painted...

Thursday is the new day...

Old 12-14-2008, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
Still no car~!

Apparently, after it wasn't ready Thursday for one more repair, it was ready to go on Friday.

I was determined.

So I planned to head to the Enterprise RAC, drop off the rental and never return to it again, walk across the street to my dealership and then pickup my car. By the time I dropped of the car, luggage and all, at E-RAC I get a call from the Collision Center informing me that all day they did not hear back from the hired contractor/appraiser from my auto insurance company - therefore they couldn't finish the additional paperwork for the additional repairs found after the first check was sent.

BLOWER! So the Manager of E-RAC, as he was dropping me off to my dealership asks if I wanted to continue renting, but I told him I couldn't afford it... (at the rate I was going, 1 month = $1,3xx.xx dollars - if I rented for a whole year, it would be half a years wages for renting that car! I se how they make their money).

So I stayedi n the cold for a bit trying to think things through and eventually came up with a plan to stay at my parents house and take care of business until Monday, when I could POSSIBLY pick up my car again.

Oh what fun it is this holiday season... (The sarcasm isn't helpful, I know)