1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Honda loss to 1960's VW Bug

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:04 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Honda loss to 1960's VW Bug

Well I decided to spend the 4th of July at a car show. It was nearly 100 miles round trip so the Fit had a nice little run and putting on some miles. I got to the car show and it was American Muscle City. I knew they had one import trophy and it was just me and a 1960's VW Bug. Nothing really special about the car but you never know. While I was there talking to some people I was told that most people from the Local car club were most likely walking away with the wins and it was a fact that the judges never even looked at my car or anyone elses in the row that I was in. Most shows they judge individually and rate your car but not here. Needless to say the VW who was a member of their local car club won the import trophy. I had a great day anyway hanging out with a guy from our local car club and just being at the car show. The Honda got a lot of attention from the teenagers attending the shows with their Dads and one little boy that was around 7 years old told his Dad the Fit was his favorite. I got to talk to some people who have never seen the Fit before and said they did not realize how big it looks on the inside anyway here are some pictures:

The Fit beside a Nova!

The Fit beside a 1963 Chevy Wagon - note primer and hole on back side panel - this car took Top Best 25 The guy told me he wasn't really showing his car but just trying to sell it.

When I was leaving the town to go back to the interstate on a 2 lane with a 45 speed limit - a Duster and a Neon with a big fart can decided it would be fun to smoke me! This show will be on my skip list for next year.
Hope you all had a great 4th of July!

Cat :x

Old 07-05-2009, 01:57 PM
it surprises me how many people never heard of a honda fit befor its crazy ive been asked by multiple people what car i drive and they have no idea honda even made a fit

Old 07-05-2009, 01:58 PM
oh and sorry about the bias judging LAME

Old 07-05-2009, 02:08 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
who makes that? and whats a fit?

Old 07-05-2009, 02:19 PM
^thats what im saying haha

Old 07-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FLFIT239
^thats what im saying haha
I should have know when the only music playing on the overhead was the Beach Boys and the 4 Seaons. The show was definitely geared to the older classics. Most of the shows I normally go to you hear Black Eye Peas and Pink! LOL! I know I should be happier with the oldies but goldies however I admit to being 53 and loving the more recent top 40's

That is exactly true one lady was like I never even heard of a Fit before - At least when I show locally there are always at least 5 to 6 of us who show Hondas, several Scions. I am hoping to do some more work on my car this week including clearing off some old stickers and looking into rims this week. I wnat to order a carbon fiber license holder and get rid of the Mugen one trying to tone down the Mugen theme and get it a little cleaner. I know what you guys are thinking - its about time!

Old 07-05-2009, 03:40 PM
haha goodluck bro

Old 07-05-2009, 03:40 PM
or goodluck with that chica haha

Old 07-05-2009, 04:37 PM
You seriously expected the Fit to win over what I am assuming was a pretty good shape wise VW Bug??? I own a fit and all, but I sure as hell would have picked the Bug too. There is nothing about the fit that makes it stand out from your run of the mill car (my opinion of course).

Old 07-05-2009, 04:57 PM
IMO fo sho cause it aint mine haha FIT ALL DAY

Old 07-05-2009, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitPilot
You seriously expected the Fit to win over what I am assuming was a pretty good shape wise VW Bug??? I own a fit and all, but I sure as hell would have picked the Bug too. There is nothing about the fit that makes it stand out from your run of the mill car (my opinion of course).

^^^co-sign...
im surprised your stock fit one best of show or whatever over those Riceyass honduhz in that last carshow thread you made....

Last edited by SupaKingKoopa; 07-05-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SupaKingKoopa
^^^co-sign...
im surprised your stock fit one best of show or whatever over those Riceyass honduhz in that last carshow thread you made....
I have really enjoyed the car shows and I go without any anticipation of winning anything. Just to go hang out with car guys from our local car club who mostly own Honda Civics, Scions and cars that they have worked on to get the most performance out of. My car won Best Tuner at the Car Culture show and many of the Civics running great performance set ups won Top 10 awards. The two guys judging told me that they love the fact that I had picked a theme for the car and kept true to that theme which is Mugen. My car is not a stock Fit - I have racing pedals, Mugen vents, door sills, JDM Password CF manifold cover, carbon fiber center console, Mugen e-brake cover - Mugen radiator cap
and much more. It is stock from a performance aspect but it is my DD and I am happy with the performance of the car the way it stands. It was just that the judges did not even look at my car and when you pay your entry fee you expect the judges to at least come over and look over your car. I just have a blast working on the car and at the age of 53 found something that makes me feel young again. My Dad was a big car guy and spending time in my garage working on my Fit really makes me feel close to him - he passed away when I was only 15 but he loved cars and refused to purchase anything that wasn't used and required wrenching.