1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Removing Driver Seat Cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
Removing Driver Seat Cover

I have a bad creak in my left side seat just below where my shoulder blade makes contact with the seat. No longer under warranty when they fixed the same squeak in right hand side and they say I now have to pay. Have unzipped the covers from the back at the bottom but then cant work out what to do.
Maybe someone who has taken off the covers to put leather on ?
Anyone know how to strip the covers off so I can get at the upholstery inside the seat and stuff some padding where the seat is creaking.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
*GASP* I have the same effing problem! It's not continuous, it does creek ever so often. Mine is on the right side of the seat.

I need to fix that, the damn dash rattles and now my pass side mirror rattles =/ My baby is falling a part. Let me know if you find out how to do the seat.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:57 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
creaks

I got the creaks too. Sounds like I'm farting when I sit down. Guess I have to buy bucket seats.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
So NO-ONE has ever taken a seat to pieces ? Jeees !!!
I spoke to a guy at a repair shop today who has w beauty of a white Fit and he said it would take a couple of hours at least for the uninitiated so I guess I may buy a second hand seat from a breakers yard....

Old 04-03-2010, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
The lower seat fabric is glued on! Found this out when I went to put in seat heaters.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:27 PM
you have heated seats? I want some!!!! I want details where'd you get them?

Old 04-05-2010, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
heated seats

Originally Posted by alvarospatchez
you have heated seats? I want some!!!! I want details where'd you get them?
No I didn't take the plunge putting the heaters in when I found out that the lower seat cover is glued on. I can imagine it won't be pretty if you rip cloth from foam to put the heaters in then re-glue the fabric back on.

If you want to do it follow up with a post and tell us how it went if you do the job. Ask your local dealer wow/who they use to install seat heaters. Mine uses a local auto accessories shop. They can order/install seat heaters for most any car. I was to be charged $240, the dealer price. The drivers seat can get both the seat and back heaters installed. The passenger seat can only get the seat heater installed due to the air bag sensor in the seat back. When they went to do the job is when it was found that the seat cover is glued on.

The seat cover may come off without doing any/much damage to the foam. I don't know. I would still like them...

Old 11-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by rocksnap
The drivers seat can get both the seat and back heaters installed. The passenger seat can only get the seat heater installed due to the air bag sensor in the seat back.
Sorry to be reviving such an old thread but I'm trying to install heated seats and just found this thread. Why does having a heating pad on the seat back get in the way of the air bag sensor?

I'm thinking about trying to break the glue to get the heating pads inserted but don't want to do anything to interfere with the air bag.

Thanks!
-Colin