1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

CRX is tired, looking at a 2007 Fit Sport & have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Got it. Guy wouldn't budge much on the price, can't say I blame him. Its a nice little car and he took good care of it. Dealers in my area want 13K plus for a used Fit. The only ones I saw for less had either been in an accident, had salvage titles, or had a ton of miles on them. When I told a local salesman that I was looking at an '07 Sport with 20K miles for $11k from a private seller he actually looked shocked. Ended up getting it for $10,500. In with an '07 Sport auto in Storm Silver Metallic.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Good luck with it.
I love the auto and no problems with it yet. AS far as gas milage I dont understand how it can be so low for some and high for others. my best was 37 on a trip to Main with the wind at my back. 2 Bikes on the back and loaded to the gills.
I get 28 when I am beating on it. in the winter its worse because the gas is oxygenated here in N.Y. which really hurts performance and lines the pockets of the oil company.
I generally get 300 miles per tank just as the low fuel light goes on

Old 03-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by SS RICH
Good luck with it.
I love the auto and no problems with it yet. AS far as gas milage I dont understand how it can be so low for some and high for others. my best was 37 on a trip to Main with the wind at my back. 2 Bikes on the back and loaded to the gills.
I get 28 when I am beating on it. in the winter its worse because the gas is oxygenated here in N.Y. which really hurts performance and lines the pockets of the oil company.
I generally get 300 miles per tank just as the low fuel light goes on
Oh cool! Thanks neighbor! Before I moved to Queens for work I lived with my dad out in East Moriches. I'm out there every weekend.

I'm really hoping I don't have a mileage problem. My CRX Si knocked down a best of 40mpg highway. I'm hoping for an avg 30 with the Fit.

That oxygenated gas is such BS. I really hate it.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
You will not get 40 but I usually average 30 to 32 around town and 34 to 37 on long highway trips.
I did 37.9 once with lots of hyper mileing and drafting trucks. Take my numbers with a grain of salt there is always a margin of error such as how you fill the tank. I always try to stuff mine. Be careful though because the fit has a closed fuel system. it recaptures the gas fumes and uses them.
There is a tube at the very top of the filler neck. You don't want liquid fuel going into that part of the system. I have had no issues yet .
In the winter with oxygenated gas I get my around town averages on the highway

Old 03-04-2010, 11:59 PM
All I want is 30mpg. Anything over that is gravy. If I get the same mileage you are getting or close I'll be a very happy camper.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
grats on your ride! glad to see you got what you wanted!

now repeat after me

"i will not mod it, i will not...oooh that's shiny and nifty i need that"

Old 03-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks. I probably won't mod it. I drove a '91 CRX Si for the last five years and had no real desire to mod that car. Before that I drove an '88 Mustang LX 5.0L 5 speed and didn't mod that one either. Sure I thought about it, but I firmly believe in leaving my daily driver pretty much stock. Once a car crosses over from daily driver to "toy" then I start with the mods.

The only mods I do to DDs are to replace worn-out or broken parts with upgrades. Hence the Mustang got an aftermarket cat-back exhaust, but only after the one on the car when I bought it fell off. The CRX got an aftermarket exhaust too, but I hated it and put a stock replacement one on when the aftermarket one rotted out prematurely. The CRX got ceramic brake pads when it needed brakes, the Mustang got an upgraded fuel pump when the stocker crapped out.

Last edited by frankiesaysrelax; 03-08-2010 at 11:41 PM.