1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

07 Fit MPG

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 05:33 PM
07 Fit MPG

First of all, I would like to say hello and I've been lurking on this site for a week or 2 before I registered.

Now I have a 07 Fit with 40k on the odometer. The car runs great but the fuel mileage concerns me. I inflated my tires to 50psi and dropped them down to 40 because the ride was alittle rough. I also put in some 0w20 mobil synthetic oil and a K&N filter.

All this has given me roughly 300 miles per tank. I also checked the spark plugs and they looked good. I ordered some ik22's anyway. I will install those when I recieve them.

In my research I have found that some Fit owners get good mpg and some dont. I hope I dont fall into the dont category but the way things are looking I'm already there.

Are there any other tricks or mods I can do to get my mpg better? Did I get a DUD Fit?

Old 03-23-2010, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
Truthfully it depends on your driving habits. Everyone drives differently. Majority of the fuel economy is driving at 70mph or less. If you have a lead foot doesn't help much. A few guys say that they are using the auto/paddle shift and they see minor gains.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
I wanna see how many MPG I get now with my tires around 45 PSI, the ride doesn't rattle me. I can't believe my dealer gave me the car with the tires just a little over 20 PSI I only got 27 MPG mainly city driving that way. I filled them up to mid 30's PSI and raised my MPG to 29, I just hope I get into the 30's now doing mainly city driving with 40 plus PSI and a freaking slushbox mounted to my drivetrain.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:58 PM
I modified my driving and I'm going to see where I stand. Recently I got 165 miles on a half tank. FWIW I had a 99 civic and I would get 340-350 miles per tank with that and it had a 11.8 gallon tank.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Welcome & MPG Can Get Up There

Welcome srad2drag, I own a GD3 a/t and around town 30mpg give or take depending on if the oil is fresh then 32mpg. Hiway is were is gets better over 40 mpg! I use the cruze control and go with the flow. 65-70 mph this is with luggage and my family of 4. What Danger69 said is very true with my Fit when I drive real easy around town the milage does get into the mid 30's, but.... I get alot less when I'm play'n S.R., worst was 26mpg. This was after I got my ETC, and O'man is that a fun gadgit! There are good write ups on getting hyper mileage Paul a FF'r gets up to 52-53 mpg! and has documentation to back it. So yes there is alot of mpg in the GD3's
But if you hotdog'n in it expect 30 mpg in town.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
This was after I got my ETC, and O'man is that a fun gadgit! There are good write ups on getting hyper mileage Paul a FF'r gets up to 52-53 mpg! and has documentation to back it. So yes there is alot of mpg in the GD3's
But if you hotdog'n in it expect 30 mpg
An ETC? What's that?

Old 03-23-2010, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Electronic Throttle Controller make the Fit more responsive! Panson Pan sells the unit.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:04 PM
You all have to learn how to figure out your MPG...it's not miles per tank...that is very inaccurate.

Fill your car up. Reset your trip odometer. Drive it. Fill it up again when needed, take your mileage on your trip odometer and divide it by the gallons put in.

That gives you your MPG.

The needle stays on full longer and is very inaccurate above half. So saying you get 200 miles to a half a tank is pointless. That doesn't mean you'll get 400 miles to a tank.

Figure your MPG out the right way.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moltisanti2009
You all have to learn how to figure out your MPG...it's not miles per tank...that is very inaccurate.

Fill your car up. Reset your trip odometer. Drive it. Fill it up again when needed, take your mileage on your trip odometer and divide it by the gallons put in.

That gives you your MPG.

The needle stays on full longer and is very inaccurate above half. So saying you get 200 miles to a half a tank is pointless. That doesn't mean you'll get 400 miles to a tank.

+1 to this.

I've only had my Fit for 4 tanks worth of fuel, but mixed driving, hauling ass pretty much everywhere nets me 34 MPG each time I've filled up.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:17 PM

That gives you your MPG.

Thats what I normally do. I just used that for reference since I remember reading about a member getting 200 miles by half tank. But as you stated the longer the needle stays on full its a inaccurate measurement.

As of right now I'm at 290 miles and my needle is less than 1/4. I filled up on Monday and the car took 9.6 gallons. So roughly 30 mpg at this point..Still not good enough.

But as was mentioned earlier I have to re train myself to drive gas conservingly if thats a word lol..

Old 03-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Welcome srad2drag, I own a GD3 a/t and around town 30mpg give or take depending on if the oil is fresh then 32mpg. Hiway is were is gets better over 40 mpg! I use the cruze control and go with the flow. 65-70 mph this is with luggage and my family of 4. What Danger69 said is very true with my Fit when I drive real easy around town the milage does get into the mid 30's, but.... I get alot less when I'm play'n S.R., worst was 26mpg. This was after I got my ETC, and O'man is that a fun gadgit! There are good write ups on getting hyper mileage Paul a FF'r gets up to 52-53 mpg! and has documentation to back it. So yes there is alot of mpg in the GD3's
But if you hotdog'n in it expect 30 mpg in town.
My car is auto also. I installed the JDM center console today along with my Zeta dead pedal. I'm waiting on my eibach pro springs to come in. Then I think I will be set... Well on second thought, I would like to have a UDP and maybe the dc sports header. Just for some added punch thats all.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Koi
5 Year Member

That gives you your MPG.

No need to assume people don't know how to calculate MPG. I don't see any posts before yours warranting a condescending explanation like yours. Also, it's ALL about how many miles per tank, since that's the figure you'll be dividing with the # of gallons you put in afterwards.

Also, OP, you divide the your total # of miles by the gallons you put in AFTER driving that tank - not what you put in before. That 9.6 gallons isn't going to have any bearing on end results. If you mentioned it but know to use the actual gallons you put in after driving, then ignore me please.

300 miles to a tank is GREAT in my book. I used to get 250-270 per tank before modding the car, using a Scangauge and driving as efficiently as I could. If you're getting 33.3 MPG per tank, that's about where you should expect it I would think - you're not driving a hybrid after all.

Last edited by Koi; 03-24-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:47 AM
5 Year Member
It would be nice if I could get my 2007 Fit with automatic tranny to get around the same MPG as my 2 cylinder 700cc motorbike, which is mid 30's city and 50 MPG highway.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
MPG is = to how many miles divided by how many gallons you put in , now with that said i have an 07 manual tranny tire presure set at 40 psi only mod i have is a k&n air filter scan gauge helps alot to see whats going on i get between 36-38 mpg and i drive in nyc everyday . what i see which i can figure out for the hell of me the longer i have my oil in the better my gpg is always change it out by 10% i use dino oil castrol regular and fram filter. i usually gas up between 350-375 miles always 9.5-10 gallons . Like everyone else said its all about driving style. ps now at 52,500 miles and has been like this from breaking period. hope this helps

Old 03-24-2010, 11:53 AM
I also have an '07 sport that I just started driving this week (bought it last week!) and was wondering if you mean 40 PSI in the stock tires? I need new tires but not desperately, so for the next few weeks I'd like to inflate the Dunlops to whatever gets the best gas mileage (and is safe, obviously). Thanks. Oh and I have no idea what my gas mileage is yet....I'm still on my first tank! LOVE the Fit, though.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Well I got 325 miles on that last tank of gas. I filled up today and it held 10.65 gallons. We will see how far this goes..

Old 03-25-2010, 12:35 AM
I just filled up and got 34mpg today, from mixed driving, hauling ass everywhere.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:45 AM
5 Year Member
I average between 30-38mpg. I get 32-34 80% Hwy 20% city. I will get 38mpg on the hwy. Im sure I can break 38 if I hypermile it but that is no fun.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM
My denso ik22 plugs came today and I installed them. What was strange was the factory plugs had .050 gap on all four other than the large gap they looked ok. The denso's had a .035 gap. I read somewhere that the denso's normally have .044 gap. Oh well, I will see how the car responds.

Also since I filled my car up, I'm wondering did I over fill it. I got 65 miles before the needle finally hit the F mark.

I will be installing my springs tomorrow. I said I wouldn't mod this car but its tough. Still on the fence about a header and maybe a axle back.

Last edited by srad2drag; 03-25-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Koi
No need to assume people don't know how to calculate MPG. I don't see any posts before yours warranting a condescending explanation like yours. .
You're right, I don't need to assume, because I already know that it's being done incorrectly.

Was not a condescending post, either. I just don't waste time being all sugary with the smiley faces and the LOLs.

Quick Reply: 07 Fit MPG