1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
If you have a floor jack there is no need for the spring compressor... I've put Swift springs on a GD and another Fit Freak's GE, without a spring compressor.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
If you have a floor jack there is no need for the spring compressor... I've put Swift springs on a GD and another Fit Freak's GE, without a spring compressor.
I've heard that advice multiple times but when it's a free rental why not? plus i would rather not put any stress on those last few threads while youre taking off the nut. its not the amount of pop im worried about just the chance of ruining the threads. It was a wise investment (free) for both the cars i've done it on. To each his own though

Old 03-07-2011, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
(insert sinister lol here)

Old 03-07-2011, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ryanroland
How the hell? And u only had it like a month? And I thought the new Honda were much harder to steal with their chip in the key thing disabling the engine right? At least that's what has my mind at ease with my two Honda, after having two swapped hatchbacks stolen back to back
his gf's car got broken into, inwhich he had his spare key. you can connect the dots from there

Old 03-07-2011, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
I'm down to help a fellow ff'er out, but I dont think I wanna drive to Tracy. I'm in San Jose off the 85 and 87 if you wanna come down here. heres the tools you will need.

Jack, Jack stands, 6mm allen wrench, free rental spring compressor from autozone (refundable $50 deposit) and about 3 hours of spare time.

other than that I have everything else you'll need. I did eibach's on my car and helped Kenmei with his tein's a few weeks ago.

I'm off tues and thurs this week and it should be decent weather, hoping to squeeze in a car wash for my fit

thursday i'm off so it would be sweet if we can do a mini-meet and work on our fits

still gotta do the HIDs and independent fogs on mine

i can bring my jack/stands if he needs em for the springs

Old 03-07-2011, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by flipperlazo
i looked for it today.... Cause it got stolen... :'(
im sorry to hear that bud. I hope u have good luck finding all in one piece.

how the hell? And u only had it like a month? And i thought the new honda were much harder to steal with their chip in the key thing disabling the engine right? At least that's what has my mind at ease with my two honda, after having two swapped hatchbacks stolen back to back
any car can be stolen no matter what. If someone really wants it they will get it. Ya there might be things that make it harder... Chipped keys, alarms, the club.... I know that people nowadays are using tow trucks. Anyone can get them and they will just load ur car up and take it where no one will find it. It sucks that u cant have anything nice cause there is always someone that has to ruin it.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
I'm down to help a fellow ff'er out, but I dont think I wanna drive to Tracy. I'm in San Jose off the 85 and 87 if you wanna come down here. heres the tools you will need.

Jack, Jack stands, 6mm allen wrench, free rental spring compressor from autozone (refundable $50 deposit) and about 3 hours of spare time.

other than that I have everything else you'll need. I did eibach's on my car and helped Kenmei with his tein's a few weeks ago.

I'm off tues and thurs this week and it should be decent weather, hoping to squeeze in a car wash for my fit
Thursday might work, if 330 ish isnt too late. Im off at 230 and i work in pleasanton.

we can start off with the car washes so we dont loose sunlight!

Originally Posted by kenmei
thursday i'm off so it would be sweet if we can do a mini-meet and work on our fits

still gotta do the HIDs and independent fogs on mine

i can bring my jack/stands if he needs em for the springs
I have floor jack and jack stands, but maybe an extra pair might be good from what i read in the DIY. ill look if i have the allen key

oh and ill go buy parts for the fogs too! what HID kit are you installing?

so will 330 ish work?

Old 03-08-2011, 12:22 AM
yeah but we'll do the springs at 330

Old 03-08-2011, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
i have a 6mm allen so don't worry about buying one if you don't have one.

i might need to bring my jack anyways (low profile) to get off my bumper. not 100% sure i can get off all the clips in order to remove it when it's as low as it is

the HID kit is the 3G from xenith xenons. same that Ryan has but a different temperature (8000k). he's the guinea pig, always does the mods first then i follow

Old 03-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Okay we have everything we need then, jayroc it might be a good idea to go buy some rust buster from an autoparts store and spray it on 8 very stubborn nuts. the ones on the rear that are at the bottom of the plate that hold the rear springs. the two on each side in the front that hold the knuckle assembly to the strut. and the ones that hold the sway bar in the front. two in the rear 6 in the front. it's neccessary. i had to pay 35 bucks for a shop to use their air tools to break them loose cuz my hand tools couldn't do it. spray them on wed night.

chris we can work on your stuff anytime after 930 and maybe have time to take a drive through some curvy roads

Old 03-08-2011, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Okay we have everything we need then, jayroc it might be a good idea to go buy some rust buster from an autoparts store and spray it on 8 very stubborn nuts. the ones on the rear that are at the bottom of the plate that hold the rear springs. the two on each side in the front that hold the knuckle assembly to the strut. and the ones that hold the sway bar in the front. two in the rear 6 in the front. it's neccessary. i had to pay 35 bucks for a shop to use their air tools to break them loose cuz my hand tools couldn't do it. spray them on wed night.

chris we can work on your stuff anytime after 930 and maybe have time to take a drive through some curvy roads
10am sounds like a plan

Old 03-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Is the orange bike with the triple triangle frame a GT.... They were the first to use that design back in the late 80s or early 90s.
Sure is, it's an old GT Agressor I turned into a single speed with slicks!

Old 03-08-2011, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
got my new deck put in today finely. tank of gas and a car wash as well. now i just have to tune the system and subs.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:58 PM
washed and vacuumed my fit today and cleaned the engine bay a little bit. need to wax it someday but im still doing my research on that part, im so confused now that i've read some info on car care

Old 03-09-2011, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
These are some great looking GD's guys! I really like the Red on Black interior work!

Any chance you are going to swap out the grey portions of the seats for red?

I don't know how to change the grey portion. Do you know a cheap and effective way of doing so?

Old 03-09-2011, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kage
Sure is, it's an old GT Agressor I turned into a single speed with slicks!
I have about 3 GTs. My favorite is a chrome plated Timberline made in 1987.. It was their top of the line bike at the time.. I owned a couple of bike shops not long after buying it so it has gone through all kinds of changes but I still have the original oval chain rings fore and aft adjustable seat post and headset.. Everything else is crazy old school stuff that you would have to see to believe.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Just picked up a coil spring compressor and some pb blaster for tomorrows project!

Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JayRoc
Just picked up a coil spring compressor and some pb blaster for tomorrows project!
i'd go ahead and put the PB buster on the nuts now, that way it'll have time to sit in. hit all the nuts you can see on the susp assymbly as ryan said earlier

are you going to bring your jack and stands tomorrow?

Old 03-09-2011, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
got my new stereo system all tuned today and cleaned up what the car wash missed yesterday.now i need to save up more money to buy more parts yeay, lol

Old 03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Got rained out at work today SOOOO....Got these from honda because mine broke loose.

At the moment im doing this to make behind rims look better. Semi Gloss Black. Also got rid of VTEC SOHC stickers. Im now stickerless,except my facebook one on windshield that is not coming off!!!!

Will be doing front calipers next once rear dries and rims go on.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?