1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Drained the Z-1 ATF with DW-1 at work. Almost replaced the trans filter too BUT it was getting late and I couldn't reach the lower clamp to remove the filter. So I had to abort that and just change the ATF... Might get it either Thursday or Sunday when I'm off.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
wrong thread

Last edited by FittedOnEm; 07-31-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
Installed dome and trunk light led boards today. Totally impressed with the upgrade, now I'm going to look for a map light assembly and put leds in there as well. Has anyone done any other map light assembly aside from the jdm one for our generation?

And a buddy of mine sent this link today:
Denso Iridium Power IK22 Spark Plugs (Set of 4)

Anyone have input on this? I might look into replacing mine when I reach 100k with either this or NGK Iridium.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:07 PM
I ran over a raccoon last night, a cracked windshield and two blown front tires and a trip to the hospital. There was a massive amount of blood that got through to the interior. I plan on replacing the seats. Anyone know of a good dealer? I just put new seat covers on but they are totally ruined.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sean5995
I ran over a raccoon last night, a cracked windshield and two blown front tires and a trip to the hospital. There was a massive amount of blood that got through to the interior. I plan on replacing the seats. Anyone know of a good dealer? I just put new seat covers on but they are totally ruined.
I need to add this post to my list of reasons that the Sasquatch is a shape shifting raccoon.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
i wannn know how blood got past the firewall, and into your interior!

Old 08-01-2012, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Never take a knife to a gun fight.

I had a shoot out with a raccoon family a few years ago. I won. Mom put a slight blemish on my bumper. Yup I was driving a Caravan. It was thumpity thump as I went over them. I had come up over a rise and they they were.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
I had three incidents in one night that resulted in the death of 2 raccoons and an opossum... My 79 Lincoln wasn't damaged at all.. Imagine encountering a cow on the road at 90 mph... That will change your driving habits at least 5 years.. That's the reason I am putting HID headlights on my Fit.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:39 PM
I actually got a ticket for dangering other drivers since there was so much blood on the road. I guess cars were sliding like it was ice on the blood and they had to have the fire dept. come out and spray down the road to make it clear of any blood.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
I got a ticket!! For having blue LED in the front top parking light slots...According to the Officer it is against the Hawaii State Law and is punishable by jail, impoundment and stiff fees...He saw that I was retired military and let me off with a ticket and a court summons. I immediately went home and switched out the bright blues for bright white LEDs instead; who knew?!

Old 08-01-2012, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Phaserlock
I got a ticket!! For having blue LED in the front top parking light slots...According to the Officer it is against the Hawaii State Law and is punishable by jail, impoundment and stiff fees...He saw that I was retired military and let me off with a ticket and a court summons. I immediately went home and switched out the bright blues for bright white LEDs instead; who knew?!
Anyone with a lick of sense. Having any blue lights on a car is the very same thing as showing a fake badge and claiming to be law enforcement.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Plati-dipped stockies just for shits and giggles. Actually impressed how they turned out but have a feeling it's going to collect brake dust like no other. Kinda cool for a temp mod.

Name:  3730b640.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  155.1 KB

Old 08-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Glockbag

i wannn know how blood got past the firewall, and into your interior!
me too... how the hell can all those blood fly past your firewall? unless you took the raccon inside and took it to the hospital?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I had three incidents in one night that resulted in the death of 2 raccoons and an opossum... My 79 Lincoln wasn't damaged at all.. Imagine encountering a cow on the road at 90 mph... That will change your driving habits at least 5 years.. That's the reason I am putting HID headlights on my Fit.
Better get some 55w HID's. They are much brighter than 35w.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Howzit, to save you the hassle of going through the motions again with another officer... You are still ilegal with bright whites in there.. the Hawaii law is that they have to be amber. No exceptions

Old 08-02-2012, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i got that before! CHP told me that itz illegal to have any color besides amber and clear...

i had blue leds too..

Old 08-02-2012, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinnymac
Howzit, to save you the hassle of going through the motions again with another officer... You are still ilegal with bright whites in there.. the Hawaii law is that they have to be amber. No exceptions
I like amber, it's much better than a Headlight color and a different shade of white for a parking light.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Five lug done!

Yes sir, your eyes do not deceive you. That is a five lug conversion on my GD. Running CTR wheels. Full DIY coming soon. LMK what you all think

Old 08-03-2012, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
^very awesome 5lug swap... in for the DIY!!

Old 08-03-2012, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
yeah. im looking for a new bumper.
i have one but its been hit. the paint is scratched off from the left side. since youre getting it painted ull be fine. its SSM. the fender tabs were torn but still can be tighten down with the screw or be fixed. all OEM plus lip - lip is nearly perfect just normal wear. im from the bay area in hayward if u wanna check it out. let it go for 160

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?