1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by devmail
I inadvertently joined the Muffle Delete club today. I took the muffler off to weigh it and accidently broke the bolts with my impact wrench. Doesn't sound too bad actually! Wonder what the wife will say!
I was worried when I put on my MR header and downpipe the wife was going to be pissed. Very little difference in sound with the stock b pipe and muffler. When I did the axle back I though for sure it would be bad. Yet again wrong it was a really good sound and she liked it. The b pipe must be holding it all back.

I just came to the conclusion that I need to change the set-up for more power. The new set-up is most likely going to be LOUD. Good thing the race is officially used for race or fun now. No more DD or the wife using it.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
I was worried when I put on my MR header and downpipe the wife was going to be pissed. Very little difference in sound with the stock b pipe and muffler. When I did the axle back I though for sure it would be bad. Yet again wrong it was a really good sound and she liked it. The b pipe must be holding it all back.

I just came to the conclusion that I need to change the set-up for more power. The new set-up is most likely going to be LOUD. Good thing the race is officially used for race or fun now. No more DD or the wife using it.
I think that depending on the mid pipe's resonator (or lack there of) design could make a good difference in how deep, raspy, etc, your exhaust note will be. A buddy of mine has been experimenting with his exhaust on a Sonic with varying resonators of different lengths and diameters.

I forget what the relationship is according to size and length affecting what exhaust pitch and/or tone... As well as the higher or lower noises. I currently forget due to being brain dead from work.

While on the subject of mid pipes... Whenever I swapped my OEM mid pipe for a Spoon model (with a N1 axle back) I had noticed that my exhaust note had nice deep, throaty note in my honest opinion for a Honda AND didn't sound like the typical fart cannon when puttering around town.

A few months later I installed a T1R Response header and Megan Resonated test pipe (with the Spoon catback)... The exhaust its a little bit louder now at cruising speed with the silencer but still plenty quiet enough to have a civil conversation with any passengers in the car. At warm idle and silenced, the current FULL exhaust sounds a smidgen louder than my old HFP axle back.

Unsilenced is a totally different ball game... It drones when beginning to leave lights/stops, its noticeably loud at cruising speed, ATROCIOUS when wide open throttle and is prone to burble/crackle between shifts (which is nice in tunnels and overpasses ).

Old 06-21-2014, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I know i'm in for trouble once I do the new exhaust. Oh well like I said the car is mostly for racing now so the noise won't be an issue. It wouldn't be normal for me to have a quiet Honda hahaha.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Yesterday I installed progress rear sway bar and a Megan downpipe. Waiting on a few emblems in the mail. So that's this coming weeks project.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Woody150
Yesterday I installed progress rear sway bar and a Megan downpipe. Waiting on a few emblems in the mail. So that's this coming weeks project.
What header did you run?

Old 06-22-2014, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
I was gonna say, only a downpipe?

Old 06-22-2014, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Haven't posted on here in ages. I replaced the broken oem fogs with new ones and put headlight armor film on them in the hopes that will protect them some. Waiting on new piaa bulbs for the headlights.

Name:  79157155-7F1E-455A-A0FD-66E20CE109E6_zpslavqpdmg.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  128.6 KB

Name:  638D46C0-1C27-421B-80D7-4DA40E3B2DFC_zps1yjmzxco.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  146.8 KB

Old 06-22-2014, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
I think that depending on the mid pipe's resonator (or lack there of) design could make a good difference in how deep, raspy, etc, your exhaust note will be. A buddy of mine has been experimenting with his exhaust on a Sonic with varying resonators of different lengths and diameters.

I forget what the relationship is according to size and length affecting what exhaust pitch and/or tone... As well as the higher or lower noises. I currently forget due to being brain dead from work.

While on the subject of mid pipes... Whenever I swapped my OEM mid pipe for a Spoon model (with a N1 axle back) I had noticed that my exhaust note had nice deep, throaty note in my honest opinion for a Honda AND didn't sound like the typical fart cannon when puttering around town.

A few months later I installed a T1R Response header and Megan Resonated test pipe (with the Spoon catback)... The exhaust its a little bit louder now at cruising speed with the silencer but still plenty quiet enough to have a civil conversation with any passengers in the car. At warm idle and silenced, the current FULL exhaust sounds a smidgen louder than my old HFP axle back.

Unsilenced is a totally different ball game... It drones when beginning to leave lights/stops, its noticeably loud at cruising speed, ATROCIOUS when wide open throttle and is prone to burble/crackle between shifts (which is nice in tunnels and overpasses ).
Good to know the silencer works so well! Is it a spoon muffler also?

Old 06-22-2014, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
I noticed ZERO difference with silencer in vs. silencer out when I owned a Spoon N1 (THE N1 Hootie owns haha).

*With stock everything else and a 5MT vs. his 5AT.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
^^ Hahaha!

Good to know the silencer works so well! Is it a spoon muffler also?
Pretty much if you're running just the N1 axle back with the silencer and the factory exhaust, the exhaust sounds almost as quiet as stock at idle and highway cruising speeds. Without the silencer, its just as quiet if not quieter than the HFP axle back. Any additional modifications to the exhaust (mid pipe or test pipe) and you'll notice more significant differences when silenced and unsilenced.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member
In the weekend had a good 600Km trip, and while coming back the Jazz started running better.

Yesterday I gave a good clean to the dirty black EGR (stuck).

Now she needs a fresh oil change and - perhaps - a valve adjustment.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
LOL, after so many months (almost years) of silence, I'll post again.

The long trip and EGR clean seem giving good results on lowering fuel consumption and improving performance.

Today new front yellow EBC brake pads, fresh oil change.

Engine noise is way less pronounced.

Ciao,

Old 06-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Official locking lutnuts. Finally.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
What header did you run?
Yes only downpipe right now. I would like to do header.... Well really a turbo but for now till boost comes, a header. Maybe I end up getting boost from a supercharger so I'd keep header. I am in search of a header. I don't even know what works right now. I'm fresh to the fit but not Hondas. I know most headers are really just for losing a few pounds and not much for power. So what would everyone on here recommend for our L15s?

Old 06-23-2014, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
From what I've read, the weapon r race header gives the most gains when tuned properly. It's a long tube design that eliminates the cat. After that the best would be the T1R response header from what I gathered a bit of reading on here.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Ordered a Tsudo Catback exhaust today, such a great price. If its too loud I'll put the oem axleback muffler on the tsudo piping.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Ordered a Tsudo Catback exhaust today, such a great price. If its too loud I'll put the oem axleback muffler on the tsudo piping.
I have been running this on our fit for years now. It is not that loud and a nice full exhaust.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Good to hear! I think I'll paint mine flat black too

Old 06-24-2014, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
Wink

Hope to hear some audio on that..

Old 06-24-2014, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jbbuilt
Hope to hear some audio on that..
I'll post up a vid after its installed.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?