1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

i know this may sound stupid... but...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm man don't listen to what others think its what u think that matters at the end of the day. And what makes u happy in life. If the Fit is not making u happy sell it to me and buy something faster. I really want to get a used FIT right now

Old 06-09-2010, 12:43 PM
my friends tease me for fun... i know they are just kidding but i always tell them... if you want to race... lets have a 4 hour race... i'll fill up my tank once when they will 2 or 3 times.... i love my fit... AND if your tired... fold down your back seats throw a small mattress in there... and sleep.... lets see them do that in their fancy cars... lol!

Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by konespeed
she looks fineeee! nice work man.
Thanks bro

Old 06-11-2010, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
The other day, I had some guy on rte 84 in Hartford, pull up next to me in a Magnum with the loudest engine I've heard, outside of the drag strip, and start reving his engine like he wanted to race me the rest of the way. I swear, the noise from this car was about to flip my 08 Fit Sport on it's side.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
was it red with a 300c front end and srt 8 wheels?

Old 06-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by einstein77
I swear, the noise from this car was about to flip my 08 Fit Sport on it's side.

That is funny!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by score04w
was it red with a 300c front end and srt 8 wheels?
It was black car, tinted windows and the guy driving had tons of Bling-Bling around his neck. He also had a silly smile on his face like I was "actually" going to drag race him. It was between Hartford and Manchester. The only thing I could think of was he might throw a rod or something, and then I might have a chance with this race. I didn't hear any strange noises coming from the car so I opted to smile back, and give him a "Are-you-kidding?" look. He gave me a shrug and blasted away at 4 MPG.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:33 PM
You shoulda hit the gas then breaks then looked all confused lol it woulda been funny to see his face lol or mabey stall

Old 06-11-2010, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
haha i see. the gf's uncle drives a red one with the front swap and loves to do that kind of shit.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
An old running buddy of mine has one and does the same kind of stuff whenever he is sober enough to find his car keys..... I can't believe he is allowed to drive or is even alive he has totaled so many cars and gotten so many DWIs.... Come to think of it, the last time I saw him was when his brother called and asked if I could drive and pick him up at a county jail east of here after his lawyer arranged his release.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
What a shame, I hope he hasn't hurt anyone else while he's driving drunk...somehow the drunks seem to manage to survive even drastic accidents but they kill innocent people.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
What a shame, I hope he hasn't hurt anyone else while he's driving drunk...somehow the drunks seem to manage to survive even drastic accidents but they kill innocent people.
He had an accident in the early 80s and hurt some people including his wife who spent a long time being hospitalized....The guy worked on the GM assembly lime in Arlington and really hasn't been totally sober in 30 years.... I know a lot of people like that and many others that have died at an early age because of alcohol abuse and others that have no other desire in life except to stay drunk... I don't know anyone that has suffered as much from just smoking pot... I know more people that are in bad shape from bad eating habits than anything else now that I an thinking about it.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
If you are getting comments about the Fit then you know they at last notice your car. As someone else said here, owning a CR-V and not getting any response at all is not better, and here where I live there is driving about 1000 Honda CR-V's and probably only around 10-15 Honda Jazz. And I am the only one with some styling and I'm lucky to have a rare color too. I'm being noticed on the road. I can tell by the looks and comments I got from people.

As for comments I have got most of them are positive, the most of the negative comments I have got is that it is a tiny car. And for all of them that make that comment I ask them to take a seat inside the car and see if they still think it is tiny. Most people get a surprise how large it actually is.

But I agree that it is not a fast car, but it is a safe, cheap, economical and practical car to drive. And I think it is much more fun to drive than many other cars even if it a bit slow. It take corners so well and is so smooth to drive (probably because of my CVT).

Old 06-12-2010, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Here in the UK, the Fit/Jazz has an even worse reputation than in the US.
Nearly every Jazz i see is owned by an elderly driver. I even got my car off my Grandad.

I was lucky though, he gave it to me with onle 1k miles on the clock after 3 years of ownership from new.
When I first knew he was giving me the car, I came online straight away to find a forum, and to find parts for it.

I have always tried to be different. I hate following a crowd.

I found FitFreak, and my opinion on the car completely changed, I loved the car, i loved what you guys had to yours on here, and I was inspired to make mine look as good as some on here.

My GF takes the piss out of my car sometimes, but i know she likes it. i have to travel all the way across town to see her, and i get good miles out of the Jazz.
It's fairly slow compared to some of my friends cars, but the way I look at it, I'm 20, I can afford the Petrol, insurance and road tax on the Jazz easily, and they can't. I would rather know I can pay for my car easy than have to struggle every month to pay off everything.
I also think the car looks great. It has so many different possibilities. I'm constantly wanting to change the look of my car. I want all the JDM goodies i can get, and I will get them evetually.

At the end of the day, it's your car. Who cares if it isn't that fast, you can't drive fast on public roads anywhere anyways. So what difference does it make.
Good fuel mileage. Good looks. Good payments. All add up to one hell of a good car!

Old 06-13-2010, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
^^ Nice Fit more pics please i love how she looks this is why i want to get a used fit so bad

Old 08-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
Ok from a female perspective - the ride does not make the man. I think a slammed Fit or Jetta looks sexy hot. I respect a guy who is working on their car to make it their own. Some guys have great, expensive cars but are total jerks. I am driving the car for me, modifying it for myself and loving the heck out of driving such a great car that saves me on gas and is a ton of fun to drive. Cat :x
Hats off to Cat

Right here is why it's nice to see a thread grow before jumping in. I've just been reading from post #1 and came to this one.

So well put. Listen up boys and girls...

EDIT: BTW I get compliments on my FIT.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy It aint the car

OP most of us have had our share of dif. cars I use to LOVE the Heck out of Muscle cars, But the Fit is a great car! "Happy Camper" it's fun and doesn't get every 2 cent hot rodder gunning his engine @ stoplights. My friend you just need to know it's not the car but the person driving it that matters You can never satisfy men or women with what ya have it's who you are they will like.

LOVE"N MY FIT

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 08-28-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by crash001
Anything is better than a pt loser lol jk
To be honest I know, the last year I had it, I had to take it to the shop for something every month. Some of it, my fault, others wasn't. I couldn't afford to own two cars at the same time anyways

Old 08-28-2010, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
I went to Tyler last Thursday and met up with J Crimson on the parking lot of Pep Boys on Broadway and we spent over 2 hours standing in 100+ heat and terrible humidity as people driving all kinds of Japanese Cars parked and came up to ask about our cars.... The only times I have experienced this kind of thing was with British sports cars, motorcycles or scooters and recumbent bicycles... The next time something like this happens I hope the weather isn't so hot, I am only now finally getting over the effects of the heat that day.... I discovered that day that there is no way I could ever stay up with a Fit with serious performance tires on smoothly finished concrete pavement when I nearly went sideways into a curb while trying to catch up to Crazy Joe on some tight wicked curves near his place. That was the first time I had all 4 tires break completely loose at the same time in my Fit and was the longest split second I have experienced in years... Over all it was an enjoyable day except that my laptop died when I got home that night and needed to be replaced after I had spent over $650 on parts and groceries before I finally got home... I had a JDM console, 8 tires, 4 wheels, cargo cover and groceries on board and was glad I had air shocks that kept my headlights from shining skyward..... I just don't see how anyone would want to sell off their Fit.. I may buy a different car at some point in time but my Fit will still be my prime source of transportation and the car I will continue to wrench on for fun.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:52 PM
the Fit wasn't made to get tail, it is for people who aready got tail and as a result have a family. have you ever seen a hot girl with a fat slob, in a nice car? chances are that she is like a porta potty and every one gets a chance, thus the dude driving the car is f'ning a cest pool of vd. if you drive a Fit and have a good looking girl with it says alot more. you probably don't want a chick who wants your car. if you depend on the car giving you game, you wont to too well with a nice car. enjoy your ride.

Quick Reply: i know this may sound stupid... but...