1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

i know this may sound stupid... but...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 12:52 AM
i know this may sound stupid... but...

Okay every single day, someone makes fun of the fit, how slow it is, how much of a van it is.. how much a non girl getting car... no street cred.. and everyone seems to have a nicer car. I know im falling under peer pressure, but ive been on and off the verge of selling the fit, what makes me wanna keep is my sound system and gas efficiency, that's about it. The paint is weak, and is already fading, chipping, what not. I've done all my suspension upgrade but lately the speed is starting to get to me, and also negative comments about the fit. I was wondering if anyone feels like this too?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
cars dont get girls, people do.. and who cars about the car having street cred lol. I love my fit and I think its a great daily. If you have money to burn sell the fit and get a nicer car.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Banned

I drive for the respect/street cred

Dude girls/women don't give a shit about your car.....if they do they're sloars, and slow cars ftmfw

Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 AM
I used to drive an Element. I got my fair share of "haha toaster" comments.
Before that, I had a CR-V. Nobody noticed.

I rode a Ninja 250 for 6 months. "Haha, tiny bike."

Whatever.

Think of it this way - if you're getting girls who are intersted in your car, there is always someone with more money and a nicer car. Jus' sayin!

Old 06-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
If someone ragged on your shoes all the time, would you be inclined to go buy more expensive ones just because you felt like you needed to 'prove' otherwise to that person/those types of people? I wouldn't call having your choice of automobile belittled "peer pressure," I'd call that douchebaggery. You're not being tempted to smoke a joint here, we're talking about cars that cost thousands of dollars.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:22 AM
My 2 cents...

When you buy a car buy it for "YOU." Don't buy it because of someone else's opinion, or even for the resale value. Buy it because it is what you like and makes you happy.

That said it the Fit doesn't satisfy you anymore then sell it and get what you want, but don't do it because someone else is making fun of it. Just remember nicer means more $, and these people are spending money on their cars and probably gas that you can spend on other things.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Dont let others discourage you, if you like the fit keep it, save you alot more money in the long run. You know how many kids I see buy fancy cars they couldnt afford and sell it like a year later or eating ramen noodles everynight as they struggle as its too expensive to keep up. And whats with this "street cred" crap, Im guessing they drive top of the line luxury cars or making at least 400whp and not some typical civic owners with intake and exhaust thinking their pos is fast or "chick magnet". Most girls dont even care about the car you drive, unless their some gold digger or slut, which I guess is the same thing, Ive actually got several compliments from girls out of nowhere how "cute" this car is, not exactly what you might want to hear but they like it. Anyhow, bottom line is, if you enjoy the car, keep it, dont listen to others, afterall its your money not theirs.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Turbo the car and get the power you want.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Everything you do in life can and will be criticized by someone. Enjoy what you have and the little time you have being alive, here on earth... don't sweat it.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
Street cred? what, do you live in a Fast and Furious movie? It might be your attitude about the car, or you just hang out with a bunch of D-bags. I get alot of complements about my car and how cool it is, or that my car is the only Fit they would own. I try and not act like my car is king shit, because its not. its a fun little car that has a bit more pep and still gets good gas mileage.

If your really not happy with your car then get a new one but dont do it just to fit in or be accepted, that alot of money to spend

Old 06-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by ztyhurst
My 2 cents...

When you buy a car buy it for "YOU." Don't buy it because of someone else's opinion, or even for the resale value. Buy it because it is what you like and makes you happy.
I second that! Don't buy a car for someone else but buy it for you. If your mentality is "because my peer said this is and that is"and you listened to what they think. You might as well hand them over your keys.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I've got to ask: what did you expect? You bought a small, economical, inexpensive little car. It happens to be well made and a good car to drive but, if you were looking for people to consider you "Macho Man" you bought the wrong car.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:38 PM
These threads are a dime a dozen and I'm getting tired of them. This is the problem with America today. It's all about keeping up with the Jones'. You should know how to live in your means. If you can afford an expensive car and want one, then go buy one.

Perfect example: I have a friend at work who makes fun of my car. He had an Evo 9 with some work done. He always told me to go buy something faster. His car payment was some rediculous $500+ a month. Plus he insisted on 100 ocatane gas. Then he decided to get a Civic hybrid because the Evo was costing him too much to drive regularly. So add in that payment. And less than 1 year later he traded both in and got a huge truck. He told me that he was way upside down on both the Evo and Civic and now he is paying over a $1200 payment for the truck. And now his wife is pregnant. He literally has no money and not much to show for it.

I have my nice Fit that looks cool (I think at least!). I pay about $250 a month and am able to dump a little over $2000 a month in my savings.

You want a fast car go buy one. And if you plan on using the car at the track then I can see the appeal in one. To me all cars can go 65mph and how fast I get there doesn't really matter. Here in Vegas all the lights are camera controlled anyway, so gunning it off the light will only get you caught at the next one.

I don't blame you for wanting a more "race inspired" vehicle. Hell, I would love to have an NSX or even a Ferrari. Just don't put yourself in a bad situation just because other people want you to. In the long run they don't pay your bills.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Street cred won't make the payments on time. And "nicer" means different things to different people. If I were you i would concentrate less on getting a "nicer" car and more on finding "nicer" friends.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Bottom line is, if they don't like your car then they can get out. They don't have to ride in a "clown car" that may not get the girls but almost certainly has the owner laughing all the way to the bank.

If you yourself don't like the Fit any more though, nothing we say can stop you.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
I can't imagine anyone "actually" hating the Fit, or, "actually" believing when they criticize the Fit. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
and to be perfectly honest, the girls that like someone only for their car, are not the ones you want to associate with. They are the ones that will leave your for dead with your money in their pocket. If i cared about all the neg. comments i got, the car would never have been bought. I like the car and thats all that should matter to you too.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Evan_2k
Okay every single day, someone makes fun of the fit, how slow it is, how much of a van it is.. how much a non girl getting car... no street cred.. and everyone seems to have a nicer car. I know im falling under peer pressure, but ive been on and off the verge of selling the fit, what makes me wanna keep is my sound system and gas efficiency, that's about it. The paint is weak, and is already fading, chipping, what not. I've done all my suspension upgrade but lately the speed is starting to get to me, and also negative comments about the fit. I was wondering if anyone feels like this too?
sounds like you have self esteem issues rather than car issues.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
where do you live man, those are some mean people around you lol. The fit is really my first car that i've chosen. My first car was a Nissan Xterra passed down from my dad to me. But now the car goes to my sister and i got to choose a "good priced" car. I looked thru many used deals on cars i'd prefer and decided the Fit was probably the sickest yet most cost efficient car.

They call the fit slow? provee em wronggggggg. The girls i know love how roomy it is and love how the car sounds cuz they really don't know much about cars. lol all i have in there is a short ram intake. So if you really love your car and put your heart into maintaining it other people will notice it.

My 2 cents!

Old 06-02-2010, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
I love my fit. I know its not going to beat a lot of cars on the freeway, but I know I can take people on the twisty. The money you save you can build a fast car. I have a 240sx that has a LS1 that can take on many high HP car. Thats my weekend warrior. When I need the speed. But my DD Fit does its job perfectly. Keep the Fit its a great car all around. It just depends on what you want out of it.

Quick Reply: i know this may sound stupid... but...