1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

2007 manual tran Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:48 PM
2007 manual tran Fit

This car has been such a disappointment to me. After less than 25,000 miles the clutch went and I had it replaced by my mechanic since it isn't covered under the warranty. He said it was a piece of garbage -- very poorly made. I have had numerous problems and now, the car will not start up properly. It's take multiple tries. I am bringing it back to MY mechanic since Honda service is terrible.

When I bought this, I also had them add the honda music link. The thing has never worked for more than 1 month and I had it fixed 5 times so far. It's broken again. $300 extra for nothing. I have always loved Hondas adn in fact almost always owned Hondas, but this makes me rethink my future purchase. I was planning to get a bigger car next year and was thinking of the Element but now I have my doubts. It's only 4 years old and I keep throwing money at it. My Kia was better!

Old 06-08-2010, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
really? no seriously REALLY?
you seriously post your first time and have this to say? i suppose you could start your own forums dissing honda fits, you might get 5 members! dude there are over 36,000 members and o have only seen maybe 5 people rant about bad experiences, if you dont like your fit, trade it in on another kia. someone has to keep checker in business.
i suppose my issue is that your first post says what it does, i'd be a little (and i mean A LITTLE) more apt to give credit to your bitching and issues if you actually had posted problems from day one not years later
good luck dude

Old 06-09-2010, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
54,000 miles and my car hasn't been back to the dealer not once, to date, NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM!!...and I'm having serious thoughts about taking it in for the window switch recall...BTW
'07 VBP Sport 5MT w/minor appearance & comfort mods!!

Old 06-29-2010, 12:28 AM
I have had clutch issues as well.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:44 AM
5 Year Member
I can relate to what the first poster is saying. 65k and just picked up a new tranny today and dropped it off with my mechanic. This car has just never felt right from the get go. My tranny just went to shit and instead of rebuilding it I bought a new one for 500 bucks. Because of this car I will probably never buy a Honda again. Honda definitely rushed this little car out. Maybe some of the problems that the 07 Fit had were addressed in the newer version of the Fit but overall for the money I spent on this car I expected wayyy more quality wise. Anyways... don't bash on the guy for posting a negative comment. I'm glad he did because honestly I felt like I was the only one who was having tranny problems.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
I've got an '07 Sport Fit with 5AT and I've got 124,000 miles on it...and those are hard miles. I cross the Appalachian mountains an average of once a week. I get my car up on the red line for hours at a time crossing those mountains. I pretty consistently hit 100-mph on the road. I used to have a 1974 Datsun 260Z in the late 70s and this Honda Fit out handles my Z-car…it can’t out accelerate it, but it sure does handle significantly better. Man is this can fun to drive through those mountains. And the interior…what can I say? This car is the Swiss Army Knife of cars. That car will contort into anything you need to do with a car…a mid engine car can’t do that!

The things that I don’t like about the Sport Fit; its got drum rear brakes; its got an automatic transmission; it’s a front-wheel-drive car; and, I’d prefer a mid engine car…the compromises you have to make to enjoy the interior’s flexibility.

I’ve had two problems with the car…but they are both a cause of my driving habits. The front disc got replaced twice under warranty and then I replaced the front disc brakes with brakes off of an Integra Type-R (DC2) car…no more problems with the front discs. I’ve replaced the rear drums with the T1R disc conversion kit…solved. And because most of my driving is on the highways, pebbles have blown out my AC condenser…my second one is on its way out…that is a $600 job!...not fun. I might have to make a screen of some sort to protect the condenser.

The maintenance; I’ve changed the oil, filter, drain plug seal and rotated the tires every 5,000 miles. I’ve replaced the cabin filter, spark plugs and adjusted the valves every 60,000 miles. And this car had two electrical recalls, both pretty chicken shit…but I got them done.

If you don’t want your car, let’s talk…my son just turned 16 and I need a car for him.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
My Jazz is two years OLDER than any Fit sold in the US, and it's never had serious tranny problems.

I ain't bashing but I'm posting the flip side of this predicament. Maybe you got lemons.