1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Honda Jazz water leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation Honda Jazz water leak

I vacuumed my car and noticed that the rear passenger foot well is soaked with water.
We tried splashing water on the car and i noticed that there was a leak on the door, waters flows from the area just below the door speaker. I brought it at Honda and they said that there's something wrong with the door hole and it needs to be replaced and resealed.
I haven't brought it back yet since the part was backordered as of this moment but i think the leak doesn't come from that because i can only find a wet spot in the middle of the footwell, not near the door. .and i think the water from the hose is far more heavy than an actual rain thus it entered the door when we self diagnosed it.
What can be the other source of the leak?
I'm still considering that door hole thing by Honda though but it does not convince me very well. Any suggestions? thanks in advance.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:31 AM
No matter how heavy the flow onto the outside of the door, it should never enter the vehicle unless you hold the hose close enough to create pressure, or you use a heavy jet spray that can create a localized hotspot.

There is at least one other thread in here with a center rear floor wet spot.. IIRC it was coming from the front door seal and running under the seat to get to center car. I have a notion that it involved the car being parked on a slope, and that the fix was really easy once it was figured out.

As to the rear door leak near speaker, I would just fix it myself. Remove inner plastic panel to expose the sheet of plastic that lines the door to keep water out. You will see where there is an adhesive used to hold that sheet to the door's metal. If you don't see any tears (unlikely, but possible) then the only thing wrong is the adhesive bond has failed somewhere.

One method I have used to reattach this sheet is to use "duct seal" as an adhesive. The stuff is sold mostly to electricians, costs about $2 for a 1# pug. One will be way more than you need.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Same here

I had the same problem with my GD3. Check in your spare tire bay for water. I had a crack at each of the hatch hinges which leaked into the bay, and when i hit the brakes, the water would spill into the rear floorboard.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Thread with great pics and clear description of problem and soution:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-fit-jazz.html