1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

how to disable seatbelt noise or beep

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
buy another buckle:

seatbelt buckle insert | eBay

They are pretty cheap on e-bay.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by polaski
I wish the dinger would stop after a while because although I ALWAYS have a belt on when on public roadways I can't put it on with all my hunting garb. Although the six bell tolls every 30 seconds or so isn't so bad on the way back through the field, the Toyota ones are ridiculous... 10 slow, 40 fast dings! A great way to ruin a calm mood on a cool fall morning. (Yes, I have counted them.... many times!)
+1. I wear the belt when I'm driving on the road, but there are times when I don't want it. All I want is the freedom of choice without a nanny telling me to behave myself.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
lol!! the seat belt beeping is annoying and it does remind the passenger to click it, but who doesn't wear seat belts now a days.

What's annoying is the beeping noise when your door is open and the keys are on the on position...

Old 07-09-2011, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mdsniper7
no ty i do not wear seatbelts i know they save lifes but they take em to i had a friend die because of there seat belt so pllz does anyone kno how to disable the noise, thank you
Seat Belts. Seat Belt Safety, Statistics, Bags, Law
"63% of people killed in accidents are not wearing seat belts"

In all European countries and most other countries it is illegal to drive without using the seat belt. If it was dangerous I would not think there should be such a law

Do YOU have any scientific reports or test that proves otherwise?

This is based on scientific reports and tests:
Seatbelts : THINK! : Directgov
And I can find a lots of other sites too around in my country and Europe that say the same thing.

There MAY be some 1 of 100.000 accidents where the person had be better of NOT using the seatbelt, but when do you know if the accident you may getting into is going to be best with or without the seatbelt.
I'm going for the statistic that says wearing seat belts save you in a crash.
And I hope most people here in FitFreak is using the seatbelt. And I hope no one is getting into an accident at all!

Old 07-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by airwicc
lol!! the seat belt beeping is annoying and it does remind the passenger to click it, but who doesn't wear seat belts now a days.
That's a rule in my car... everyone has a belt on. Sometimes the person in the passenger seat thinks he's going to be sneaky when I'm paying attention to something else and DING DING DING DING DING DING!!! BUSTED!

The ONLY reason I like that bell

Old 07-10-2011, 12:43 PM
lol

whats funny is i take it noone here is brave enough to ride motorcycles then, cause i have one and last time i checked they are not on them, i asked a simple question everyone has different opinions on subjects why do people feel the need to bash others for there own choices. mods plz just lock topic then ty

Old 07-10-2011, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
@mdsniper
No need to lock any topic unless things get out of control..
And I love riding just as much as the next guy. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do I'm just putting out my $.02 because of personal experiences from my professional life.
When you're riding a motorcycle of course there's no seat belt so hopefully you'll wear a helmet. You can only do what you can to be safe and I can only hope that people take as many precautions as they can to save their life.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:48 PM
whats funny is i take it noone here is brave enough to ride motorcycles then, cause i have one and last time i checked they are not on them, i asked a simple question everyone has different opinions on subjects why do people feel the need to bash others for there own choices. mods plz just lock topic then ty
Not too funny. I rode motorcycle for 60+ years. My riding career ended 3 years ago when a bicyclist made a U turn in front of me. I was wearing full gear and a full face helmet. The helmet saved my life and my good looks just as I hope the seat belt will do if I have an accident with my car.

And yes, I think you are stupid for what you want to do. My qualifications for having that opinion of you is I was a LEO for 7 years and for 25 years I investigated fatal and injury accidents for two different insurance companies. That's 32 years of investigating accidents so I have a little back ground for my opinion. Your friend died from obviously an extremely rare circumstance. Get over it and take care of yourself the best way you can.

Last edited by whaap; 07-10-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:30 AM
no ty i do not wear seatbelts i know they save lifes but they take em to i had a friend die because of there seat belt so pllz does anyone kno how to disable the noise, thank you
I wish I were as cool as you...

Old 07-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator
I don't ride motorcycles, not my thing. Let me guess though your the guy that wears sandals, shorts and a T-shirt and your helmet is strapped to the back of the bike, am I right?

Old 07-11-2011, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
At first I thought you were talking about going onto circuit and wearing a harness so no need to wear the seat belt as it would be quite redundant. So companies over here do make a seat belt chime canceler. When I was out on circuit before buying said piece, I used the passenger belt clipped into the driver side latch. I won't preach to your choir, you can choose what you like to do. I'll just say gambatte.

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 07-11-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
is there a way to disable the seat belt beep when your seatbelt is unpluggd
Yes, but its not advisable for two reasons:
1. you intend to disable so you can drive witiut a seat belt. Tae it from a driver surviving 2 hard crashes, that just stupid. Here's your sign
2. Its illegal to disconnect a safety device, and the cost is highh.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
I would rather be ejected from my motorcycle than to be strapped to a sliding/tumbling/flipping rocket. Just because bikes don't have seatbelts isn't because safety regulations just skipped over them and deemed them "overrated." Motorcycle safety is in what the rider is wearing. It is their best option even though in the end they are still riding what we in the EMS world refer to as "donor-cycles."

Car seatbelts will save more lives than they take. They're painful and they can cause serious damage but it's all relative. If your friend died by seatbelt, they must have come to a sudden stop from a very fast speed. Their injuries would have been much more gruesome had they not been wearing a seatbelt. In that case, reassess your driving habits to keep yourself as safe as you can be.

Buckle your belt and sit on it. Cut the clip off the belt and clip it in as already suggested. Don't be surprised when people give you a hard time for something like this. Also don't be surprised when you kiss your windshield and make toothpaste of your cervical vertebrae.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Then you probably drive motorcycle without using helmet or any other safety equipment?

And why is there a safetylock on a handgun?

Old 07-11-2011, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
what if you crash doe

Old 07-12-2011, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
My dealer said many of the safety features on new cars will not work if you do not use the driver seat belt- I don't know if this is true- but why risk it?
Not true except the passenger side air bag turns off it there is a weight under 40 lb there. Other wise
NO SAFETY DEVICE SHUTS OFF FOR ANY REASON. Air bags will activate if the impact sensors trigger.

Remember that if you're parked.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member

I rode and periodically competed on motorcycles for more than 20 years; having crashed both on and off track I can assure you crashing on the street in street attire is a LOT worse when you separate from the bike. If it happens on track in full track gear its often the opposite thanks to safety attire generous FLAT runoff areas. A seat belt doesn't work on a bike because of the positions you move around. Guaranteed you'd fall off. Thats not the case in a car.

I equate not wearing a approved helmet on a cycle with not wearing a seat belt in a car.

Here's your sign, dollar each, or 2 for $5 with thanks to Bill Engvall.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:57 AM
i wish it could be disabled also. i know the arguements and understand, but it is legal for me not to wear it. but it is so annoying i do not have a choice.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
let me fix this for you:
No thank you, I do not wear seatbelts, I know they save lifes but they take them too! I had a friend die because of their seat belt so please does anyone know how to disable the noise? Thank you

^^^ I think thats correct ^^^ drove me nuts trying to read it

Just fasten your belt, this thread is gonna blow up with people thrashing you, I'm thinking you didn't do a search first, because you would have noticed noone ever gets any information on this subject

I've heard that 'my friend died because he was wearuing a seat belt so many times and EVERY time the accident is investigated it turns out false.Tell us where the accident occurred and when.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thorton0
i wish it could be disabled also. i know the arguements and understand, but it is legal for me not to wear it. but it is so annoying i do not have a choice.

Are you sure the virgin islands don't require seat bealts? my insurance guy says they are.

Quick Reply: how to disable seatbelt noise or beep