1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

how to disable seatbelt noise or beep

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 12:02 PM
how to disable seatbelt noise or beep

is there a way to disable the seat belt beep when your seatbelt is unpluggd

Old 07-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
It took me months of tinkering and research to figure out this secret but im willing to share it with you

Step1. Sit in the seat
Step2. Grad the belt with your left or right hand (what every you prefer)
Step3. Pull the belt across and down over your lap
Step4. Clip the belt into the buckle by your lap on your right (left if your the passenger)
Step5. Enjoy the beep free driving

Old 07-05-2011, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mdsniper7
is there a way to disable the seat belt beep when your seatbelt is unpluggd
This would be a useful mod. Maybe I'll try this next.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by MNfit
It took me months of tinkering and research to figure out this secret but im willing to share it with you

Step1. Sit in the seat
Step2. Grad the belt with your left or right hand (what every you prefer)
Step3. Pull the belt across and down over your lap
Step4. Clip the belt into the buckle by your lap on your right (left if your the passenger)
Step5. Enjoy the beep free driving
no ty i do not wear seatbelts i know they save lifes but they take em to i had a friend die because of there seat belt so pllz does anyone kno how to disable the noise, thank you

Old 07-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Thumbs down For Real

Stupid move, plain and simple.

K_C_

Old 07-05-2011, 04:07 PM
I am glad to see hooked on phonics worked for someone.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
My dealer said many of the safety features on new cars will not work if you do not use the driver seat belt- I don't know if this is true- but why risk it?

Old 07-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Silly Kids. I dont think air bags deploy without seatbelts being engaged. Its a safety feature to keep the air bag from burning/breaking you. Passenger side bag is off while no one is in seat.

Example have someone sit in passenger side and not wear seatbelt. Notice the flashing IDIOT light saying air bag is off. Now buckle seat belt. No that is AMAZING.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
In Florida that's just another reason to be pulled over and fined. I've never come across anyone who refused to wear a seat belt, it's just plain dumb refusing to wear it. I take that back I do know someone that did not wear the seat belt, but this guy is a damn knucklehead, the chime goes away eventually

Old 07-05-2011, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Passenger side airbag also turns off if the weight sensor isn't registering more that a specific weight... like the weight of a child. Could be as simple as a pair of contacts that only touch when there's enough pressure on the seat.

The airbag is high enough that the impact would snap the neck of a child, seatbelt or not. So it stays off even if the seatbelt is used in the passenger seat.

Seatbelt chime comes and goes. It rings for a short duration and then stays silent for a longer duration, then repeats.

I'm going to stay out of the "ways to defeat" topic...

Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 PM
no ty i do not wear seatbelts i know they save lifes but they take em to i had a friend die because of there seat belt so pllz does anyone kno how to disable the noise, thank you
so... what part of your own statement are you missing?

Old 07-05-2011, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
let me fix this for you:
No thank you, I do not wear seatbelts, I know they save lifes but they take them too! I had a friend die because of their seat belt so please does anyone know how to disable the noise? Thank you

^^^ I think thats correct ^^^ drove me nuts trying to read it

Just fasten your belt, this thread is gonna blow up with people thrashing you, I'm thinking you didn't do a search first, because you would have noticed noone ever gets any information on this subject

Old 07-05-2011, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
I was once in an accident with an 18 wheeler (his fault). It was 1990, before air bags. I flipped an S-10 Blazer twice. I walked away from it because I had my seat belt on. Expect the unexpected. One of the State Trooper around here says that he "has never unbuckled a dead person". The odds of a seat belt saving your life are much greater than taking it. I take those odds every day (I always wear seat belts and feel unprotected without them), but if you want to be a dumb ass go ahead. Who knows you may just help the gene pool.

Last edited by spreadhead; 07-05-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator
its kind of funny you do bring up the my friend died from a seat belt argument. I had a friend lived five houses down, we where inseparable. We did every thing together he was my best friend. He never wore his seat belt but dammit I made him wear it when he was in MY car! unfortunately I could not make him wear it every other time.... like I said he was my best friend and I still miss him to this day.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Just the other day 3 people died in a single-car highway accident near here.

The front passengers, who were wearing seatbelts, walked away with minor aches. The folks who passed were unbelted in the rear seats.

3 killed, 4 hurt in Garden State Parkway crash | nj.com

Old 07-07-2011, 10:41 PM
if u can't value ur life, how are we to think that you value other's safety? you should not be driving if you think you're too cool for seatbelts... chances are 1 in 10,000 that a seatbelt takes life. personally i would go with my 9,999 chances of seatbelts preserving my life compared to the 1 chance it will kill me...

Old 07-07-2011, 11:49 PM
If you ride in my car you will wear a seat belt or you won't ride in my car. The last thing I want to happen is to be involved in a horrendous collision and have your body flying around inside my car like a projectile.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
I'm a fireman in Monroe county and I've seen my fair share of nasty accidents seeing as how from Miami to key west is pretty much two lanes the whole way. I've seen plenty of cars ripped to shreds from head on accidents and people walk away because they were wearing their seat belt. I've also seen small accidents that should have been nothing but people got seriously hurt or killed because they weren't wearing their seatbelt. I always wear my seatbelt.
My brother is also a fireman in north florida and he only wears his seatbelt half of the time, basically only when he's on the highway.

Everyone has their own way of doing things, and Im not going to try to convince you to change your way just telling you how it is.
I've never personally seen someone get killed because they were wearing a seatbelt.
If you don't mind could you elaborate on how that happened?

Old 07-08-2011, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
cool story bro

Old 07-09-2011, 09:03 AM
I wish the dinger would stop after a while because although I ALWAYS have a belt on when on public roadways I can't put it on with all my hunting garb. Although the six bell tolls every 30 seconds or so isn't so bad on the way back through the field, the Toyota ones are ridiculous... 10 slow, 40 fast dings! A great way to ruin a calm mood on a cool fall morning. (Yes, I have counted them.... many times!)

Quick Reply: how to disable seatbelt noise or beep